Hickey dominated Nic Nat

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: Hickey dominated Nic Nat

Longer will not replace Hickey.

But I was looking for some informative, analytical analysis so thought I would reel StoneDregs in again.

Success.

If only picking winners was as easy!!!!

stonecold
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote: Tue 05 Jun 2018 5:29pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 05 Jun 2018 3:26pm the adults are speaking, so back to the children's table please!!!!!
seriously - the adults left you alone in the room a long time ago
so carry on with your ranting and screaming all by your little lonesome
you will tire of it soon & hopefully grow up a bit - unless there is an underlying mental condition we dont know about?
I think the adults are still here, there the ones that named NicNat in the best players and AFL team of the week!!!!!

It's OK to admit your wrong and have no real handle on the game of football, go and join your little friend at the small table, thanks, now be a good little boy, thanks!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Here's an interesting stat to ponder.

In 2018, over the 11 games so far this year --

Bulldogs are averaging 25.1 hitouts/game for 37.8 clearances/game

Eagles are averaging 50.4 hitouts/game for 37.5 clearances/game

Double the hitouts for less clearances ...... so much for ruckwork, "hitouts to advantage" and Nicnat's hitout prowess/magnificent leap.

stonecold
SS Life Member

samoht wrote: Tue 05 Jun 2018 5:45pm Here's an interesting stat to ponder.

In 2018, over the 11 games so far this year --

Bulldogs are averaging 25.1 hitouts/game for 37.8 clearances/game

Eagles are averaging 50.4 hitouts/game for 37.5 clearances/game

Double the hitouts for less clearances ...... so much for ruckwork, "hitouts to advantage" and Nicnat's hitout prowess/magnificent leap.
So Hickey dominated NicNat then?????

As the Thread suggests!!!!!

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Hickey had a reasonable game - but "gave away" 6 free kicks (most of these went to Nicnat). On the other hand, we did win the clearances by a fair margin - 7.
So, WCE won the hitouts to no avail. No surprise there.

We need a ruckman like Grundy, at the end of the day - because possessions count far more than hitouts - and he gets plenty of possessions around the ground.
If we play Longer against Grundy - it's like giving up 15-20 possessions to just one player - his direct opponent (remember Grundy averages 23 possessions per game). With Hickey, we're reducing that differential a little.

stonecold
SS Life Member

samoht wrote: Tue 05 Jun 2018 6:35pm Hickey had a reasonable game - but "gave away" 6 free kicks (most of these went to Nicnat). On the other hand, we did win the clearances by a fair margin - 7.
So, WCE won the hitouts to no avail. No surprise there.

We need a ruckman like Grundy, at the end of the day - because possessions count far more than hitouts - and he gets plenty of possessions around the ground.
If we play Longer against Grundy - it's like giving up 15-20 possessions to just one player - his direct opponent (remember Grundy averages 23 possessions per game). With Hickey, we're reducing that differential a little.
Entitled to your opinion, however, you didn't answer my question!!!!!

Hickey dominated NicNat?????

As the thread suggests!!!!!

Also, Hickey's possies are irrelevant, they don't hurt the opposition!!!!!

Waste of a 1st rnd pick!!!!!

chico2001
Club Player

Lot of good space wasted on an average ruckman Hickey and a lot more wasted on Lewis Pierce in another thread. Surely you can waste your time on better players who have actually done something.

stonecold
SS Life Member

chico2001 wrote: Tue 05 Jun 2018 9:18pm Lot of good space wasted on an average ruckman Hickey and a lot more wasted on Lewis Pierce in another thread. Surely you can waste your time on better players who have actually done something.
So now, we are getting told what we can and carnt post about?????

I thought that was the mods job!!!!!

I am glad you agree Hickey is average though!!!!!

Ape_Man
Club Player

Stonecold, I’m not sure if you take everything regarding Hickey as a personal affront or you are taking the piss.

You are so angry that I can’t work out if you think he is Kim Jong Un’s lover or he bought the last Bunnings sausage on Saturday.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Ape_Man wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 1:37am Stonecold, I’m not sure if you take everything regarding Hickey as a personal affront or you are taking the piss.

You are so angry that I can’t work out if you think he is Kim Jong Un’s lover or he bought the last Bunnings sausage on Saturday.

Would just like posting 'experts' to admit this thread headline is incorrect and admit they are wrong, instead of putting the guy up on a podium for being clearly beaten again by he's opponents!!!!!

We used a 1st rnd pick on him remember!!!!!

samoht
Saintsational Legend

It was a typo ..
Thread title should read "Hickey nominated Nic Nat" ... as one of the best players. Not only a reasonably good AFL ruckman and footballer, he is also gracious and an all-round nice guy, our Hickey. :?

stonecold
SS Life Member

samoht wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 9:44am It was a typo ..
Thread title should read "Hickey nominated Nic Nat" ... as one of the best players. Not only a reasonably good AFL ruckman and footballer, he is also gracious and an all-round nice guy, our Hickey. :?
My point exactly, too nice!!!!! ;)

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 9:30am
Ape_Man wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 1:37am Stonecold, I’m not sure if you take everything regarding Hickey as a personal affront or you are taking the piss.

Would just like posting 'experts' to admit this thread headline is incorrect and admit they are wrong, instead of putting the guy up on a podium for being clearly beaten again by he's opponents!!!!!

The thread title is clearly exaggerated. Natanui did OK.
Hickey had the most hitouts, most clearances and most contested possessions of any player on the ground. Clearly not the sign of a "soft" player.

And no, we did not use a 1st round pick on Hickey. It was Hickey, 25 and 46 for 13, 36 and 55 which would value Hickey at around pick 22.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
spert
Saintsational Legend

Hickey had a pretty good game, but Nic looks very athletic and flashy ..does a couple of nice moves and stands out from the crowd...and that means a lot these days

Ape_Man
Club Player

stonecold wrote:

Stonecold, have you met the internet? :)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 1:03pm Hickey had a pretty good game, but Nic looks very athletic and flashy ..does a couple of nice moves and stands out from the crowd...and that means a lot these days
It's those black tights he wears under his shorts. :wink:

stonecold
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 12:56pm

Hickey had the most hitouts, most clearances and most contested possessions of any player on the ground. Clearly not the sign of a "soft" player.

And no, we did not use a 1st round pick on Hickey. It was Hickey, 25 and 46 for 13, 36 and 55 which would value Hickey at around pick 22.
Pick #13 is a first rnd pick, simple really!!!!!

As per usual with you Kosi, you paint it the way you like, at the end of the day pick #13 (first rnd was part of the deal, didn't see us get a first rnd pick in return), so we used a 1st rnd pick as I clearly stated!!!!!

Thread tittle is not exaggerated, it is clearly incorrect!!!!!

Most hitouts in the game yes, of course, the eagles shared the ruck duties, most of he's clearances come from either he's own ineffective hitouts or those of he's opponent, leading to contested possessions, so the stats do lie!!!!!

Hickey was beaten by he's opponents, anyone who has played the game at a reasonable level would know that, thus AFL team of the week for NicNat and media votes and best players as voted by his club!!!!!

Anyone who disagrees hasn't played at a decent level or is overrating Hickey!!!!!

As I've stated many times before, I'm happy the real experts agree, just enforces my educated opinion!!!!!

We will never be successful with Tom Hickey as our #1, time to move him on and concede it as another wasted 1st Rnd pick!!!!!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is right. You are wrong. Kosi is stating a fact where as you are twisting facts to suit your argument.

You're claiming he is a first round pick when you should be saying the Saints 'would have been better off drafting a player at pick 13' OR 'Saints wasted their pick 13 when they traded it and upgraded their 2nd and 3rd round picks in the trade deal'

By the way, did you notice I used an apostrophe in the word 'You're'. 'You're' is short for 'you are'

What is short for "he's" ?????

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 2:00pm Kosi is right. You are wrong. Kosi is stating a fact where as you are twisting facts to suit your argument.

You're claiming he is a first round pick when you should be saying the Saints 'would have been better off drafting a player at pick 13' OR 'Saints wasted their pick 13 when they traded it and upgraded their 2nd and 3rd round picks in the trade deal'

By the way, did you notice I used an apostrophe in the word 'You're'. 'You're' is short for 'you are'

What is short for "he's" ?????
Nice little edit to cover your tracks!!!!!

Replacing the word you originally wrote 'it' with You're when it should of said 'It's', did you think I wouldn't notice!!!!! :lol: :lol:

By the way, pick #13 is and was back then a first rnd pick, twist it (off), however you please!!!!!

As stated, I'm happy being in the minority on here, happy to be in the company of those that played the level and truly understand the game!!!!!

Stop telling me what I'm claiming, by the way, thanks!!!!!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

So does that mean you'll stop using 'he's' incorrectly

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 2:26pm So does that mean you'll stop using 'he's' incorrectly
I'll use whatever the f*** I like and how!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stick to getting your own s*** correct!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

thats a good trick Stoney
... in your signature

howd ya do that ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stonecold
SS Life Member

asiu wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 2:52pm thats a good trick Stoney
... in your signature

howd ya do that ?
Ask Scolly, he's the spelling/IT expert!!!!! :lol:

It's the little blue fade icon on the far right hand side, the one directly above the arrow icon!!!!!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 1:49pm

As per usual with you Kosi, you paint it the way you like, at the end of the day pick #13 (first rnd was part of the deal, didn't see us get a first rnd pick in return), so we used a 1st rnd pick as I clearly stated!!!!!

Most hitouts in the game yes, of course, the eagles shared the ruck duties, most of he's clearances come from either he's own ineffective hitouts or those of he's opponent, leading to contested possessions, so the stats do lie!!!!!

Hickey was beaten by he's opponents, anyone who has played the game at a reasonable level would know that, thus AFL team of the week for NicNat and media votes and best players as voted by his club!!!!!

Anyone who disagrees hasn't played at a decent level or is overrating Hickey!!!!!

As I've stated many times before, I'm happy the real experts agree, just enforces my educated opinion!!!!!

We will never be successful with Tom Hickey as our #1, time to move him on and concede it as another wasted 1st Rnd pick!!!!!
I bought a coffee this morning. I handed over a $10 note and got $6 in change. Here’s the hard part, and I don’t expect someone of your ability to get it on the first attempt. How much did the coffee cost me?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
stonecold
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 3:53pm
stonecold wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 1:49pm

I bought a coffee this morning. I handed over a $10 note and got $6 in change. Here’s the hard part, and I don’t expect someone of your ability to get it on the first attempt. How much did the coffee cost me?
It cost you a $10 note, you had that note beforehand, now you don't have it, easy!!!!!

We had pick #13, then we had Hickledik, then we didn't have pick $13 anymore!!!!!

So cost us pick #13!!!!!

Your not real smart cryptic wise are you????? ;)

I'll back my ability against most, particularly you Kosi!!!!!

If you think Tom beat NicNat and Lycett, well, to be honest, your not that smart!!!!!

By the way, the answer to your question is: your coffee cost you a $10 note, $4 and a couple of hrs off your life!!!!! ;)

Hope it was worth that $10 note you had before!!!!!