Changes for bombers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Re: Changes for bombers

Cairnsman wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:06pm
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 10:37pm
Cairnsman wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 10:28pm Clark is too slow and Marshal is too tall.
:roll:
My bad I got that around the wrong universe, Clark prefers lawn bowls and Marshall has an eating disorder.
Is this supposed to be funny?

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 10:44am
Scollop wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 1:34am I don't know him and I don't know anyone that knows him, so this is only a question and I'm not making any accusations, but there was talk that Saints had a few players that like to party hard. Is he one of them? If so, his decision making and his skills could be affected and you can't blame his development. I firmly believe that if you abuse your body or drink excessively it will impact at the highest level. If he doesn't party harder than the next bloke then why has he stagnated? You can still improve your skills and your fitness and your decision making when you play for Sandy
Pure speculation with no basis in fact to back it up.
You're right. I apologise to Luke for even questioning the kid and his professionalism. I remember him getting handed the famous number 7 jumper from the great Lenny Hayes. What a proud day that would have been for Luke and his family.

I think I know what the problem is. He has stagnated because he has been under Richo too long. Look at the blokes who have shown good improvement with their football. Most of them have come from other clubs. Membrey got his first two years development from the Swans. Robbo with Freo. Steele from GWS and also Josh Bruce spent those all important early years at another club.

Even Mav was ok when we first got him as was Tom Hickey - both got their early AFL teachings elsewher. We've got guys like Paddy, Billings, and Lonie who came straight to us as 18 year olds and at times they've shown they were worthy and then at times shown they are VFL level only. Blake Acres, Luke Dunstan, Jack Newnes and a few others have had the same problem

We are getting the benefits of other clubs putting in the coaching and development for guys Wilkie, Parker, Young and even Long to some extent who spent a year or so with the Bulldogs

Maybe the best thing for our young players would be to have as little to do with Richo as possible. Playing for the magoos is a blessing in disguise. Just bide your time and you are better off at Sandringham

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 12:48am
Scollop wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 1:34am I don't know him and I don't know anyone that knows him, so this is only a question and I'm not making any accusations, but there was talk that Saints had a few players that like to party hard. Is he one of them? If so, his decision making and his skills could be affected and you can't blame his development. I firmly believe that if you abuse your body or drink excessively it will impact at the highest level. If he doesn't party harder than the next bloke then why has he stagnated? You can still improve your skills and your fitness and your decision making when you play for Sandy
You're right. I apologise to Luke for even questioning the kid and his professionalism. I remember him getting handed the famous number 7 jumper from the great Lenny Hayes. What a proud day that would have been for Luke and his family.

I think I know what the problem is. He has stagnated because he has been under Richo too long. Look at the blokes who have shown good improvement with their football. Most of them have come from other clubs. Membrey got his first two years development from the Swans. Robbo with Freo. Steele from GWS and also Josh Bruce spent those all important early years at another club.

Even Mav was ok when we first got him as was Tom Hickey - both got their early AFL teachings elsewher. We've got guys like Paddy, Billings, and Lonie who came straight to us as 18 year olds and at times they've shown they were worthy and then at times shown they are VFL level only. Blake Acres, Luke Dunstan, Jack Newnes and a few others have had the same problem

We are getting the benefits of other clubs putting in the coaching and development for guys Wilkie, Parker, Young and even Long to some extent who spent a year or so with the Bulldogs

Maybe the best thing for our young players would be to have as little to do with Richo as possible. Playing for the magoos is a blessing in disguise. Just bide your time and you are better off at Sandringham
Just curious, have you ever had any involvement with a footy club in any capacity?

stonecold
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 7:52pm

Just curious, have you ever had any involvement with a footy club in any capacity?
Very Doubtful I reckon, great question though!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

We need Billy back Stoney. Tap rucks with the new 6-6-6 rule at centre bounces is massive now.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
guitars4
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 7:58pm We need Billy back Stoney. Tap rucks with the new 6-6-6 rule at centre bounces is massive now.
What is it with you guy's is there a new them against us mentality going on now. :?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

bombers fans are furious, total team kms was
next lowest, Carlton, was nearly 100 more.
And bombers had about 90 less possies than Giants.

They might come out firing, if they had any pride.
We have to be on our best behaviour,
and get rid of bad habits that sometimes flared up last week.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Are you looking to attempt to belittle my posts and discredit me? There's a little function here on this forum called 'search'. All you need to do if you want to weigh up my opinions and my predictions versus yours or anyone's is read some of the search history. Happy for you to highlight mine from the last five years and I'll show some of yours

If it's a genuine question and there's a job offer you want to put to me, I can send you my cv.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 9:50pm

Are you looking to attempt to belittle my posts and discredit me? There's a little function here on this forum called 'search'. All you need to do if you want to weigh up my opinions and my predictions versus yours or anyone's is read some of the search history. Happy for you to highlight mine from the last five years and I'll show some of yours

If it's a genuine question and there's a job offer you want to put to me, I can send you my cv.
I don't need to discredit you. Speaking of discrediting, have you ever considered your relentless bullying of the coach is inappropriate?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Bit of pot kettle there from you. Have I ever questioned Richo the person? Happy for you to keep pumping up the coach and most of the footy clubs' decisions. I am allowed to have a different opinion. I enjoy coming here for some informed football analysis and discussion and from time to time there are some great threads. Looking forward to reading your posts in those.

Is this a fan forum or is it more than that? If it's like a 360 session where the players, coaches and officials come for feedback, no wonder the club is stuffed.

I put it to you that in the long run; cheerleading from sycophants will do more harm than a few anonymous people like Con Gora or myself engaging in creative spleen venting

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Richo’s got to find a say to get Marshall, Clark and Acres in.

It may need a bit of lateral thinking as none of the above are either half back flankers or small forwards. But good players you find a spot for them.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 11:53pm Bit of pot kettle there from you. Have I ever questioned Richo the person? Happy for you to keep pumping up the coach and most of the footy clubs' decisions. I am allowed to have a different opinion. I enjoy coming here for some informed football analysis and discussion and from time to time there are some great threads. Looking forward to reading your posts in those.

Is this a fan forum or is it more than that? If it's like a 360 session where the players, coaches and officials come for feedback, no wonder the club is stuffed.

I put it to you that in the long run; cheerleading from sycophants will do more harm than a few anonymous people like Con Gora or myself engaging in creative spleen venting
So that's a no then, it's highly likely you didn't understand the question which more than likely means you were bullied as a kid, I'm assuming your are an adult of coarse.

What you are doing is bullying.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 11:53pm Bit of pot kettle there from you. Have I ever questioned Richo the person? Happy for you to keep pumping up the coach and most of the footy clubs' decisions. I am allowed to have a different opinion. I enjoy coming here for some informed football analysis and discussion and from time to time there are some great threads. Looking forward to reading your posts in those.

Good idea

vacuous space
SS Life Member

This is what I'm guessing:

IN: Marshall
OUT: Pierce

B: Jarryn Geary, Darragh Joyce, Daniel McKenzie
HB: Callum Wilkie, Josh Battle, Jimmy Webster
C: Jack Newnes, Jack Steele, Jack Billings
HF: Jade Gresham, Tim Membrey, Jack Lonie
F: Matt Parker, Josh Bruce, Dean Kent
FOLL: Rowan Marshall, Seb Ross, Jack Steven

I/C: Luke Dunstan, Ben Long, Shane Savage, Jack Sinclair

EMERG: Nathan Brown, Hunter Clark, Lewis Pierce, Robbie Young

Joyce deserves another game and I think he'll get it. Essendon don't really have a dominant big up forward. I don't think Brown has played since JLT1 and the only real problem with Joyce's game was the holding frees. He had 18 disposals, 9 of them contested and 12 of them intercepts. He also got his fist to the ball a lot. I can't see Brown coming in for Battle or Wilkie, the latter of whom Richo brought up unprompted in his presser twice.

Marshall comes in for Pierce. Nothing against Lewis, but I don't think Richo will ignore Marshall's form. I know a lot of people want a third tall, but I wouldn't expect any structural changes this week. I don't see any of the small forwards getting dropped. As for the midfield, as much as I'd like to get Clark in there, I don't think it will be this week. Dunstan had 13 contested possessions and 8 clearances in 72% game time. I don't think we're dropping any of the outside guys.

I'm starting to feeling the slightest twinge of optimism about this game. It's terrifying.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Forward line is very quick at the moment but we need an injection of speed in the middle/wings/hbf.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
spert
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 9:32am Forward line is very quick at the moment but we need an injection of speed in the middle/wings/hbf.
Also need those small/ mid forwards to take more grabs- not good overhead down there

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Kent will be cut for sure. This is passed on Richo coach message. Basically said it wasn't good enough. Joyce gets dropped as well because the most obvious thing missing from the backline was experience regarding kdp

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:24am

So that's a no then, it's highly likely you didn't understand the question which more than likely means you were bullied as a kid, I'm assuming your are an adult of coarse.

Thanks for the psychoanalysis. I bet people don't need to be pychiatrists to guess what I think you should do

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Joyce out for Brown.
Sinclair out for Clark.
And Ima' dropping Kent for Marshall.

We need two rucks this week.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
freely
SS Hall of Fame

If Kent's dropped, maybe Young gets a guernsey. I'd like to see that. But bigred's changes look more likely.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 10:51am
Cairnsman wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:24am

Thanks for the psychoanalysis. I bet people don't need to be pychiatrists to guess what I think you should do
No analysis of any kind needed. Primary school kids can identify bullying of all types especially online bullying.

I note over at BF they have a rule for limiting posters making thier point, over, and over, and over, and over and over again.

We get it, you want to attack someone's character relentlessly until they are sacked. But as I say, even primary school kids are taught that is a form of bullying.

I don't understand how this type of bullying can make anyone feel better about themselves.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 1:40pm
I note over at BF they have a rule for limiting posters making thier point, over, and over, and over, and over and over again.
heres a question - would that rule also be applied to posts that constantly say that everything is perfect at the saints ?

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 1:40pm We get it, you want to attack someone's character relentlessly until they are sacked. But as I say, even primary school kids are taught that is a form of bullying.
pretty certain there arent too many posters that know Richo personally - so they cant be accused of bullying his character
If you want to talk about his public persona - then thats another issue - and certainly the decision to withdraw from 360 would give credence to that point of view
If you want to talk his ability as a coach - then again its not bullying to question that - he would do it constantly himself
and even our former captain riewoldt has done so in the media
If you just want to shut down any open discussion that carries a range of opinions
then its you thats doing the bullying

Seeya
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 4:35pm
Cairnsman wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 1:40pm
heres a question - would that rule also be applied to posts that constantly say that everything is perfect at the saints ?
That's a grey area in the rules from what I've learned and can be ruled on differently depending on whether it's the pre season or the H&A and it can also come down to the mood Simon is in.

Can I set you a challenge as a way of proving your claim is way off the mark with regards to my objectivity: please find one post of mine that makes the claim the Saints are perfect. What you might find if you do the search are posts from me that agree if Alan doesn't have good results early then he will have to be replaced. You will even find posts of mine since Sunday that are honest about how certain players didn't play so well.

The club is not perfect, but it is doing a lot more right and it is also in a much stronger position to handle a coach replacement this year. The media would have feasted on our carcus last year had they sacked Alan, whereas if we have poor results and have to let Alan go this season then most pundits in the media may be understanding that the club strengthened itself first to better handle a transition while at the same time giving Alan evey opportunity to turn results around.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

sigh
no challenge at all - because I didnt accuse you of constantly posting all's perfect comments only

as for saying we are in a better position in 2019 to replace him could also be argued bullying
you will of course counter in the contrary

any way - no to Joyce being dropped

Seeya