Umpire number 2 Nick Foot

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpire number 2 Nick Foot

Oh, for Pete's sake we didn't even play our full back against a side with a tall, big and far more experienced (than us) forward line.
Then we lose our young centre halfback in the first quarter.
What was AR thinking? Honestly!
He and the selectors need to hang their heads in shame over the decision to leave Brown out against North. A real rookie manoeuvre.
Sometimes I really wonder about our brains trust at the club, I really do.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
stkfc1
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 9:32am Oh, for Pete's sake we didn't even play our full back against a side with a tall, big and far more experienced (than us) forward line.
Then we lose our young centre halfback in the first quarter.
What was AR thinking? Honestly!
He and the selectors need to hang their heads in shame over the decision to leave Brown out against North. A real rookie manoeuvre.
Sometimes I really wonder about our brains trust at the club, I really do.
Just another nail in the coffin....

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Reality is that winners get on with it... sooks blame the umps amongst the other myriad of excuses they have

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 8:21am Funniest thread I have read in a long time.

The Dud is clearly taking the piss as is Curly, I hand it to you Curly, you are as dogmatic as you are hilarious in your umpire bashing.

My favorite part is where L.Fisher has become the only honest umpire in the AFL, the only one who doesn’t cheat against us.

Let’s forget we got smashed in the clearances, inside 50’s, contested ball and gave away 7 goals to 1 in the first 1/4.
It was the cheating maggots whose decisions turned the momentum against us.

Even better is our Rich bashers who are also umpire bashers, who is the problem guys?

Let’s not let the facts get in the way, we have an average list that is hit hard with injury. We have a coach who has had 6 seasons at the helm and on the way out. The club looks dispirited and needs to get through the season and regroup.

Oh, and Nick Foot is Les Footes grand son so he is unlikely to be anti saints.
Les Foote played 134 games with the Roos, and only 33 with the saints, so your point was?????

Pro Roos maybe????

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Hard to explain the free kick against Carlisle?

I think Jake may have been of the opinion Foote was being a bit biased.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 11:48am Hard to explain the free kick against Carlisle?

OK, so an umpire makes a clear mistake so he is biased?

Or is he only biased when that mistake is to the detriment on St Kilda.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 11:42am
Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 8:21am Funniest thread I have read in a long time.

The Dud is clearly taking the piss as is Curly, I hand it to you Curly, you are as dogmatic as you are hilarious in your umpire bashing.

My favorite part is where L.Fisher has become the only honest umpire in the AFL, the only one who doesn’t cheat against us.

Let’s forget we got smashed in the clearances, inside 50’s, contested ball and gave away 7 goals to 1 in the first 1/4.

Even better is our Rich bashers who are also umpire bashers, who is the problem guys?

Let’s not let the facts get in the way, we have an average list that is hit hard with injury. We have a coach who has had 6 seasons at the helm and on the way out. The club looks dispirited and needs to get through the season and regroup.

Les Foote played 134 games with the Roos, and only 33 with the saints, so your point was?????

Pro Roos maybe????
Nice response, I had a chuckle at that, thanks Saynta 👍

Not sure the Nick Foot posts specifically relate to the game verses Nth Melbourne, don’t the stats someone posted state he was 9-0 against us in another match?

I would love to see some validation of those stats with Umpire Foot.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 2:25pm
B.M wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 11:48am Hard to explain the free kick against Carlisle?

Mistakes in our favour are genuine mistakes.

Mistakes not in our favour are a clear sign of AFL sanctioned cheating against us by the white/green/yellow maggots!!1!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
StPeter
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 2:29pm

Pro Roos maybe????
Nice response, I had a chuckle at that, thanks Saynta 👍

Not sure the Nick Foot posts specifically relate to the game verses Nth Melbourne, don’t the stats someone posted state he was 9-0 against us in another match?

I would love to see some validation of those stats with Umpire Foot.

The stat in that game against Richmond several years ago was 9 frees in their forward fifty which was much worse. I am sure there are others with a memory of this game as his performance was highlighted and widely criticised here and elsewhere.

StPeter
Club Player

It is not this one mistake. It is the body of Foot's work against St Kilda over several years where his stats have reflected a definite bias against St Kilda.
A prime example is his two most recent Saints game where he awarded a total of 20 frees against us to nil for. If you don't believe me have a look back at the Suns game and North game and count them. Or for that matter look at a replay of any St Kilda game he has umpired and you will see a similar trend.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Yes, a biased umpire will make more mistakes, against the team he is biased against.

I questioned an umpire early on in a game one day, he made plenty of ‘mistakes’ against me that game, and also took it out on my team as well.

Adam Schnieder and Stephen Milne had a clear bias against them. Schnieder mocked an ump, and Milney, well no one liked him. Watch closely now, Jake Carlisle will be targeted by all umps (they talk) and the position he plays, free kicks against hurt.

Umps are human, like us, they like and dislike certain teams and players, and to the contrary, the like certain players and teams more than others. Umpires are fans too..

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 2:49pm

It is not this one mistake. It is the body of Foot's work against St Kilda over several years where his stats have reflected a definite bias against St Kilda.
A prime example is his two most recent Saints game where he awarded a total of 20 frees against us to nil for. If you don't believe me have a look back at the Suns game and North game and count them. Or for that matter look at a replay of any St Kilda game he has umpired and you will see a similar trend.
Thanks St.Peter, can you post me a link to that stat data.
The one that details that specific umpire awarding 20 free kicks against us to nil.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 3:14pm Yes, a biased umpire will make more mistakes, against the team he is biased against.

I questioned an umpire early on in a game one day, he made plenty of ‘mistakes’ against me that game, and also took it out on my team as well.

Adam Schnieder and Stephen Milne had a clear bias against them. Schnieder mocked an ump, and Milney, well no one liked him. Watch closely now, Jake Carlisle will be targeted by all umps (they talk) and the position he plays, free kicks against hurt.

Umps are human, like us, they like and dislike certain teams and players, and to the contrary, the like certain players and teams more than others. Umpires are fans too..
Umpires will dislike players who mouth off and are smart arses on the ground.
The will dislike guys who bitch and moan as well and will treat the superstars of the competition better than the first gamer, these are natural human traits.

I totally disagree that umpires are fans too, they do a job and by and large do it reasonably well given the game is a difficult one adjudicate and many rules are left to interpretation.

The challenge on this site is not just Umpire Foot, it is the whole umpiring fraternity excluding only L.Fisher (but his exclusion is very recent) who are biased and deliberately cheat against St Kilda.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Anybody remember 'Sirengate'?
Amazing all those 'mistakes'.
And I believe Tony Jones' account of what he overheard the umpire say afterwards.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

You don’t think umpires are footy fans, that grew up supporting a particular team? still support a particular team? I know an umpire who is a one eyed hawthorn supporter, wears #9 in cricket because of Shane Crawford.

I don’t think they intentionally cheat, or go out of their way to pay free kicks one way or another, but watching Adam Schnieder and Stephen Milne for years, it was clear they were penalised more than they should have been, more importantly not give the kicks they deserve.

It also doesn’t matter if someone is mouthing off, I think umpires should just pay every kick on merit. Doesn’t always happen.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

The Tony Jones thing was swept under the rug. Absolute f***ing disgrace and those involved should have been investigated. Talk about integrity of the game, StK board should have demanded answers a kept that in the public arena until an outcome reached

Umpires sacked

But to protect the credibility and reputation of the umpires dept, it went away.

StPeter
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 4:28pm

The one that details that specific umpire awarding 20 free kicks against us to nil.

If you doubt my stats, I suggest you watch a replay of both games and take your own tally like I did. Also look at some other replays of St KIlda games umpired by Foot especially against Richmond a few years ago at the MCG. His performance there was widely criticised (9 frees to Richmond in their forward 50) and since then I have closely observed him in St Kilda games.
If you do this exercise you will find the evidence overwhelming.

StPeter
Club Player

StPeter wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 5:10pm

If you doubt my stats, I suggest you watch a replay of both games and take your own tally like I did. (12 frees to North and 8 frees to he Suns).
Also look at some other replays of St KIlda games umpired by Foot especially against Richmond a few years ago at the MCG. His performance there was widely criticised (9 frees to Richmond in their forward 50) and since then I have closely observed him in St Kilda games.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 5:12pm
StPeter wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 5:10pm

If you doubt my stats, I suggest you watch a replay of both games and take your own tally like I did. (12 frees to North and 8 frees to he Suns).
Also look at some other replays of St KIlda games umpired by Foot especially against Richmond a few years ago at the MCG. His performance there was widely criticised (9 frees to Richmond in their forward 50) and since then I have closely observed him in St Kilda games.
Ok, so they’re not published official stats as such, they’re your stats. 👍

my les foote
Club Player

Pro Roos maybe????
Best post I’ve read on here in a long time.

Win it for HIM!
derby Street
Club Player

my les foote wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 7:32pm

Pro Roos maybe????
Nothing much to beat :D

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 4:48pm Anybody remember 'Sirengate'?
And I believe Tony Jones' account of what he overheard the umpire say afterwards.
TJ wouldn’t risk his reputation as a journalist reporting the news to make that up. Too much for him to lose. It happened. 100%.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 11:20pm
TJ wouldn’t risk his reputation as a journalist reporting the news to make that up. Too much for him to lose. It happened. 100%.
AFL swept it under the carpet

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 7:32pm

Pro Roos maybe????
Friggin hilarious username.

GOLD!!!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 11:20pm
Interesting to note, when journos say things we want to hear they are reputable and have integrity, but when they say things we don’t like (Barrett about Hannerbry for example) they are part of the scum AFL media who have no ethics and invent stories from nowhere.

Maybe something to think about.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.