Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

Does anybody really believe that Hawthorn's offer to Carlisle is as lucrative as ours?
If it was there would be absolutely no reason for Carlisle not to accept it and move to Hawthorn - getting similar money and a better opportunity to play in a premiership earlier than with us.

So obviously their offer is not as good as ours to Carlisle.
And that's where the Hawthorn deal for him comes unstuck.
No amount of 'public guilting' by Dildoro is seemingly going to make Carlisie accept a worse offer from Hawthorn.
So Dildoro has another card to play - offer to pay part of a 'better' Hawthorn offer so that Carlisle loses nothing (in monetary terms)
But how does he sell that concept to his delusional fans
He rejects pick 5 (with attachments) to accept picks 15,18 and pays 100/200k per year for 4/5 years to enable Carlisle to go to a Club that is in serious contention of winning the premiership.
Such is the delusion of those involved at Bomberland that they would even consider this to be normal thinking.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Surely you cant blame him for talking to Hawthorn?

Surely not.

If Nick Riewoldt was out of contract I wouldn't blame him for talking to Hawthorn if they came knocking.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I tend to think that with picks 9 and 28 for 5 on offer from Adelaide that if we wanted this deal done now we could do it. This makes me confident that we will not loose Carlisle or pick 5 and its look like he is gonna go to the PSD. Am l deluded?

ripplug66
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote:I tend to think that with picks 9 and 28 for 5 on offer from Adelaide that if we wanted this deal done now we could do it. This makes me confident that we will not loose Carlisle or pick 5 and its look like he is gonna go to the PSD. Am l deluded?

I don't think he will go in the PSD. I don't think he wants that and Essendon wont either. A deal will be done with a club. Hopefully ours.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Bluthy wrote:Pick 5 is out of our pocket and on the table now. Bombers will just keep pushing and pushing until they get it clean. It's obvious to everyone we don't have the balls to walk away - thats a fatal mistake. We blinked. Goodbye elite midfielder. Maybe next year but we will probably trade that away for another of Richo's mates.

I doubt very much that it will be Carlisle for 5 as a straight swap.

It has always been the case that pick 5 is too much, and out second pick too little.

No doubt Bains has tried to engineer deals for a pick in the teens, but has had not joy in getting a suitable deal.

Dons were never likely to go our second pick witha player from us unless it wasa player that we did not want to lose.

So that leaves as the likely deal:
* Carlisle for pick 5 with say 25 back
OR* Carlisle for pick 5 with a player that we are ok to lose.
That just doesn't make sense. The cheaters want pick 5 so why the f*** would we give them pick 5 plus a player

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:I tend to think that with picks 9 and 28 for 5 on offer from Adelaide that if we wanted this deal done now we could do it. This makes me confident that we will not loose Carlisle or pick 5 and its look like he is gonna go to the PSD. Am l deluded?

I don't think he will go in the PSD. I don't think he wants that and Essendon wont either. A deal will be done with a club. Hopefully ours.
I hope so too.

Though refusing to go interstate and putting a performance based 700k a year price 5ag on himself from the PSD optimises both Carlisle's and our positions and we keep 5. It would be incredible.

Would be glad to see you back in your rightful name too p66. We didn't get off to a good start and we were both a bit childish to each other but I held no ill feeling toward you and am happy you are back. Just wanted you to know.
Last edited by CQ SAINT on Sat 17 Oct 2015 10:37am, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I thought I had read somewhere Big Red that the Saints offer is indeed front loaded
In the mean time the last of last evening was
http://afl.com.au/news/2015-10-16/trade ... king-point

but can someone confirm his age, I have seen and heard everything from 22-24
Turned 24 this month.

saintjake
Club Player

-Pick 5 & future second rounder to Adelaide for pick 9, 13 & 28
-Pick 24 & 28 to GWS for pick 8
-Pick 13 for Carlisle and Pick 23
-Pick 23 for Freeman

We lose pick 5, 24 and a future second rounder
We gain 8, 9, Carlisle & Freeman

Any takers?
Last edited by saintjake on Sat 17 Oct 2015 12:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I will take it. Not sure GWS would though.

saintjake
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote:I will take it. Not sure GWS would though.

Pick 8 from GWS has been dubbed a sitting duck because they need to trade it to get enough points for the academy

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:

Not with "a" club but "our" club. Carlisle doesn't want to go to any other club

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ripplug66
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

And that's another reason it will never get to the PSD. Lets face it if we cant do the deal I reckon Carlisle will be reasonably happy at the Hawks.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

And that's another reason it will never get to the PSD. Lets face it if we cant do the deal I reckon Carlisle will be reasonably happy at the Hawks.
And we'll be reasonably happy with pick five.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
ripplug66
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

We have no choice but I'm sure we will. Obviously the club would rather Carlisle though and id think it will happen.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

More than happy with pick five.
I think Carlisle will be happy to go to the psd. He just cant say it. He will get much more security at a rebuilding club. Carlton Is rebuilding and was his second choice I would assume. He could have gone to Hawthorn at any stage.

ripplug66
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote:
I think Carlisle will be happy to go to the psd. He just cant say it. He will get much more security at a rebuilding club. Carlton Is rebuilding and was his second choice I would assume. He could have gone to Hawthorn at any stage.

Reckon the PSD is fantasyland stuff. Players just don't do it, clubs don't do it. Look at Aish. Brisbane threatened but now looks like trading.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:

Reckon the PSD is fantasyland stuff. Players just don't do it, clubs don't do it. Look at Aish. Brisbane threatened but now looks like trading.
I guess its all up to Essendon then. The next offer imho should be 24 and a player for Carlisle and a late pick. Lets screw rhem to the wall and get them away trom pick 5.

brewski
Club Player

The bummers have over valued this bloke something crazy, there is no way known that Carlisle is worth pick 5.
i admit i was pleased when i thought we would get him but it needs to be at reasonable cost, i hope we take the current offer off the table as essendope are giving it to us without any lube.
We risk becoming the joke of trade week after being so adamant that we will not part with pick 5 and then backflipping as soon as the dorks make an offer, let him go there if they are so keen to deal, lets not sell the farm for a guy that is a good honest player at best.
We are still building our future and can get a defender cheap later, we need good mids and speed as our priority.
i still cant help but think we will get royally screwed in this deal.

Carlisle will not be our saviour, handy acquisition but not worth 5 his stats for an already established player are ordinary, if he's a forward he's not kicking goals and if he's a defender judging by bummers points against he aint stopping them either.

GM K HB D M G B T HO FF FA AF * SC *
Total 17 143 76 219 109 14 13 31 42 8 15 1,134 1,170
Average 17 8.4 4.5 12.9 6.4 0.8 0.8 1.8 2.5 0.5 0.9 66.7 68.8

Banned by the censors
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

brewski wrote:The bummers have over valued this bloke something crazy, there is no way known that Carlisle is worth pick 5.
i admit i was pleased when i thought we would get him but it needs to be at reasonable cost, i hope we take the current offer off the table as essendope are giving it to us without any lube.
We risk becoming the joke of trade week after being so adamant that we will not part with pick 5 and then backflipping as soon as the dorks make an offer, let him go there if they are so keen to deal, lets not sell the farm for a guy that is a good honest player at best.
We are still building our future and can get a defender cheap later, we need good mids and speed as our priority.

Carlisle will not be our saviour, handy acquisition but not worth 5 his stats for an already established player are ordinary, if he's a forward he's not kicking goals and if he's a defender judging by bummers points against he aint stopping them either.

This.

I have faith in Bains, but if they get 5 they've screwed us. Would need to end up with 8 at least.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
brewski wrote:The bummers have over valued this bloke something crazy, there is no way known that Carlisle is worth pick 5.

This.

I have faith in Bains, but if they get 5 they've screwed us. Would need to end up with 8 at least.
Concur.

ace
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:

I guess its all up to Essendon then. The next offer imho should be 24 and a player for Carlisle and a late pick. Lets screw rhem to the wall and get them away trom pick 5.
Essendon knows that whoever has pick 5 has a pretty good chance of getting an elite player through the draft.
They want that pick alongside their pick 4.

Only problem is Jake Carlisle is not an elite player, he is simply a better than average key defender as the stats prove.
He is NOT All Australian quality as Essendon claim.
If he were of that quality, despite playing 17 games and missing 5, he would have at least been in Essendon's top 10 best and fairest.
Fyfe only played 18 games missing 4 and won the Brownlow - best and fairest in the competition.
We have certainly over paid on the alleged salary offered to Carlisle we must not overpay in picks.
He is a back half (teens) first round draft pick, not a front half.

Dildo will not deal with St Kilda until the last second.
By then we need to have made it pretty clear to all and sundry who we want to pick in draft with pick 5 (we don't have to pick him at the draft).
But we need to establish that in that last second he is not going to get pick 5 - we will walk away if he insists.
Alternately we need to trade away pick 5 so Dildo knows we can't deliver that so he has to accept what we have on offer.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
satchmo wrote:

This.

Concur.
Double concur

ace
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:
satchmo wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

If he wants to go to Hawthorn all he needs to do is say "yes please".
He hasn't done that.
Clarkson's attitude seems to be if St Kilda and Essendon can't do a deal then Carlisle can always call on Hawthorn.
Last edited by ace on Sat 17 Oct 2015 4:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
saintjake wrote:On the AFL end of day trade wrap, they are saying that Carlisles manager has all but ruled out Carlisle defecting the the Hawks and he is more likely to try his luck in the PSD to get to us
no buts he has categorically stated he's not going to Hawthorn

https://amp.twimg.com/v/bc6899ba-06ff-4 ... a8b068c2c4
I think after listening to this that I'm willing to bet that we'll get our man under our terms or he walks to the PSD.

Just to refresh everyone's memory - didn't Carlisle say about Essendon; "This club is faarked"

He doesn't owe Essendon any favours and neither did Paddy Ryder.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:-Pick 5 & future second rounder to Adelaide for pick 9, 13 & 28
-Pick 24 & 28 to GWS for pick 8
-Pick 13 for Carlisle and Pick 23
-Pick 23 for Freeman

We lose pick 5, 24 and a future second rounder
We gain 8, 9, Carlisle & Freeman

Any takers?
Huge win for us but no way in a million years Adelaide would go for that.