Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

magnifisaint wrote:AFL trade period: Gold Coast's Charlie Dixon tied into Jake Carlisle trade talks

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3ov43Eo4h
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
That seems a better deal. I'm still mourning about losing pick 5 but at least it gives us a strong presence in next years draft. Richo's been banging on about Carlisle for the last 2 months - he can be a real motor mouth sometimes and that has damaged our bargaining position especially when interacting with a club notorious for being hard to deal with. I think Richo once said Carlisle is a "perfect fit" for our club. Could you reveal all our cards next time Alan! All you have to say is we are interested and are exploring all options. End of discussion.

Will be a very interesting dynamic if we get Jake. Richo will officially be out of his honeymoon period next year. AFter two years, his messaging won't feel as fresh, some players will begin to feel he has his favourites and are not being judged on merits. Many will feel Jake is a favourite being brought in on big money that he probably hasn't earned yet. Likewise if we get Freeman. That will bring pressure from other players and the media.

I think Richo has the man management to deal with it but there will quite a few in the media saying we should exceed what we did last year and if we don't its a step back. I don't agree with that as we over delivered last year and still rely on Roo, Monty, fish, Dempster etc who are rapidly aging. But perception is reality.

Then we've got to deal with how we fit Fisher, Dempster, Carlisle, Goddard and Gilbert in the same team. We don't get much run out of the backline with all those talls. Dempster may find himself having regular spells.

ripplug66
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:AFL trade period: Gold Coast's Charlie Dixon tied into Jake Carlisle trade talks

That seems a better deal. I'm still mourning about losing pick 5 but at least it gives us a strong presence in next years draft. Richo's been banging on about Carlisle for the last 2 months - he can be a real motor mouth sometimes and that has damaged our bargaining position especially when interacting with a club notorious for being hard to deal with. I think Richo once said Carlisle is a "perfect fit" for our club. Could you reveal all our cards next time Alan! All you have to say is we are interested and are exploring all options. End of discussion.

Will be a very interesting dynamic if we get Jake. Richo will officially be out of his honeymoon period next year. AFter two years, his messaging won't feel as fresh, some players will begin to feel he has his favourites and are not being judged on merits. Many will feel Jake is a favourite being brought in on big money that he probably hasn't earned yet. Likewise if we get Freeman. That will bring pressure from other players and the media.

I think Richo has the man management to deal with it but there will quite a few in the media saying we should exceed what we did last year and if we don't its a step back. I don't agree with that as we over delivered last year and still rely on Roo, Monty, fish, Dempster etc who are rapidly aging. But perception is reality.

Then we've got to deal with how we fit Fisher, Dempster, Carlisle, Goddard and Gilbert in the same team. We don't get much run out of the backline with all those talls. Dempster may find himself having regular spells.
I would doubt Goddard will play much next year. Second year blues and also a better backline means he really needs to play well to get in. It wont hurt him if he spends plenty of time in the seconds. Cant see Dempster missing out unless form really drops. Fisher will get injured based on previous form and Gilbert will sometimes play through the middle. As for Richo telling the world we really want him I doubt that has had any bearing at all on Essendon. They wanted pick 5 from day one.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

The Trade Whisperer ‏@AFLTradeWhisper 4m4 minutes ago
Dodoro has rejected pick 10 for Carlisle. Essendon fans, thoughts? #AFLTrades #NABTradeRadio

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:The Trade Whisperer ‏@AFLTradeWhisper 4m4 minutes ago
Dodoro has rejected pick 10 for Carlisle. Essendon fans, thoughts? #AFLTrades #NABTradeRadio
What a farking dildo.

What cards does this dodo hold?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
Bluthy wrote:

I would doubt Goddard will play much next year. Second year blues and also a better backline means he really needs to play well to get in. It wont hurt him if he spends plenty of time in the seconds. Cant see Dempster missing out unless form really drops. Fisher will get injured based on previous form and Gilbert will sometimes play through the middle. As for Richo telling the world we really want him I doubt that has had any bearing at all on Essendon. They wanted pick 5 from day one.
Better backline? Don't know where you get that from...Essendon just knocked back our last offer -pick #10 - for Carlisle a few minutes ago. It seems to me that we have reached an impasse and I cannot see us selling the farm to get the guy - the WADA investigation is just to big a gamble.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Didoro is a complete knob. The lesson for many years has been don't trade with Essendon. They simply don't understand the concept of win-win in a trade. It's purely and adversarial stance they take, always believing their player is worth more than his actual value. Tell them they can jam it and let Carlisle walk to the PSD. Essendon have proven their lack of professionalism in recent times. Looks like their inflated opinion of themselves has not diminished in the face of a mountain of evidence which points to them being a bunch of utter amateurs. Turds...always have been, always will be. Rot in hell.

Grrrrr
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
What a farking dildo.

What cards does this dodo hold?
:D
Must be on drugs...
What a s*** club made up of s*** people!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Essendon has to sack him if true and they lose JC for nothing in the PSD. What an arrogant and incompetent fool.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Pick 10 for Carlisle is more than fair. I reckon pick 12 is about the mark.
Flogoro can go and eff himself.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:.....

.....BJ has his weaknesses but he was a great player for us.
He certainly was.

On topic, I would Never give up DP 5 alone for Carlisle - need 2 x second rounders back.
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Mon 19 Oct 2015 4:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Playon
Club Player

Other rumour is that Carlton, Brisbane and GWS wont contemplate taking Carlisle in the PSD. But cant confirm it yet

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Pick 10 for Carlisle is more than fair. I reckon pick 12 is about the mark.
Flogoro can go and eff himself.
There were a couple of outliers on each side, but the majority of footy folk had him at mid to high teens. If 10 is on the table that is a damn, damn good offer and one they should grab with both hands.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

The dons can't really turn their nose up at pick 10 given the P.S.D looms ever larger on the horizon. Turning pick 5 into two players has been the aim all trade period so would be stoked if we got it done.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Hawthorn will probably get him if it gets to him going into the PSD, which I hope he does do. Personally I don't care either way, but I would like to see Essendon eat humble pie of this decision to knock pack pick #10 backfires on them.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
realdeal
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:Hawthorn will probably get him if it gets to him going into the PSD, which I hope he does do. Personally I don't care either way, but I would like to see Essendon eat humble pie of this decision to knock pack pick #10 backfires on them.
Why would it mean Hawthorn get him in psd?

At what stage do we/Carlisle's manager say "right Dodoro, you're a #%€*wit and we're not dealing with you anymore. We'll see Carlisle in the psd".
If they can't, I wouldn't mind saying it... Well, the first part at least. :twisted:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
I would doubt Goddard will play much next year. Second year blues and also a better backline means he really needs to play well to get in.
You have got to be kidding. What rubbish.

longtimesaint
Club Player

realdeal wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Hawthorn will probably get him if it gets to him going into the PSD, which I hope he does do. Personally I don't care either way, but I would like to see Essendon eat humble pie of this decision to knock pack pick #10 backfires on them.
Why would it mean Hawthorn get him in psd?

At what stage do we/Carlisle's manager say "right Dodoro, you're a #%€*wit and we're not dealing with you anymore. We'll see Carlisle in the psd".
If they can't, I wouldn't mind saying it... Well, the first part at least. :twisted:
Carlisle needs to state that he is prepared to enter the PSD and then we hold all the aces.
Essendon can accept what we offer or we get him for nothing.
We should reduce what we offer them each day.

One year will be our year
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Hawthorn will probably get him if it gets to him going into the PSD, .

1/ Hawks pick after us
2/ Hawks do not have the salary cap space for what Carlisle is seeking and so AFL would not let the Hawks select him in the PSD
3/ Suns and Blues have advised that they do not have te saary cap space either
4/ Leaves the Lions. Cannot see them pickinga Vic who does not want to be in Qld. They have a huge "go-home" probalem as it is.

So as Pauline would say "Please Explain" ???
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 19 Oct 2015 5:22pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Didoro is a complete knob. The lesson for many years has been don't trade with Essendon. They simply don't understand the concept of win-win in a trade. It's purely and adversarial stance they take, always believing their player is worth more than his actual value. Tell them they can jam it and let Carlisle walk to the PSD. Essendon have proven their lack of professionalism in recent times. Looks like their inflated opinion of themselves has not diminished in the face of a mountain of evidence which points to them being a bunch of utter amateurs. Turds...always have been, always will be. Rot in hell.

:) My wife just read your post, she wants to know if knob is a technical term.

santazzi
Club Player

Has the supposed deal to obtain pick 10 materialized? If not how is it that we have offered it for Carlisle and has been rejected?

ripplug66
Club Player

saynta wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
I would doubt Goddard will play much next year. Second year blues and also a better backline means he really needs to play well to get in.

Care to explain why its rubbish that he needs to play well to get in the side. Sounds like common sense.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saynta wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
speaking of rubbish - you need to back up your claim JC has off field issues - with facts.

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The hawks currently have pick 18 in the PSD, and that is only if they have the salary cap room for him

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:.

:) My wife just read your post, she wants to know if knob is a technical term.[/quote]

Perhaps a demonstration may be in order......

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
longtimesaint
Club Player

ripplug66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

Care to explain why its rubbish that he needs to play well to get in the side. Sounds like common sense.
He does need to play well but I don't see why he won't.
Second year blues does not affect every player and more likely to affect midfielders who receive a tag in their second year.
Having said that Bontempelli didn't seem to be affected!

One year will be our year