The Elephant In The Room

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Hmmm...

Ever heard the phrase; You’re full of it
Good point, well argued.
:D

sunday sharings are always best pithy like

good work.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020 8:45am
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 07 Mar 2020 10:42pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 07 Mar 2020 2:35pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 07 Mar 2020 2:07pm Comment on Howard
Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 06 Mar 2020 2:18pm
He was recruited in 2014 at pick 57 and didn't debut until 2016.

What injuries were holding him back from taking a relatively long time to debut?
Comment on King....
Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 06 Mar 2020 4:55pm
And it's not so much he's "not good enough" but rather he's a developing KPP tall and the coach will be strategic about the games he plays
And he gets it, nice stuff SK, you have answered your own question albeit across two different players 8-)
Be carefull your head doesn't explode. Not sure what all the effort for that post means, I'm guessing you probably don't either.
Not at all sure what you are trying to communicate here. I was complimenting you suggesting you have finally linked the chain.

Also don't understand the head explode reference , what does that mean?
When someone thinks they've caught someone contradicting themselves thier head can explode with over excitement.

Thanks for the compliment btw, I'm glad I was able to illustrate the difference between a pick 4 and pick 57.
Now I get it, thanks for the clarification.

If you are a 204cm beanpole pick #4 you should be given time to develop, not debut for over 12 months and be managed between the seniors and reserves as part of the process

But if you are a 199cm beanpole pick #57 the expectation is that you should debut in your first season and you are a fringe player if you have played 45 games over 5 seasons even if you didn't play year one due to not being developed and had an ACL year two after 6 consecutive matches.

Makes a lot of sense now SK.

See I was naively of the thought that it would take most 200cm players a year or so at least to debut and three to four seasons to establish themselves minimum.

Lucky you are not in list management at the Saints as Marshall may not have survived your axe given his age and development timeline.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 10:23am

What injuries were holding him back from taking a relatively long time to debut?
Comment on King....
And it's not so much he's "not good enough" but rather he's a developing KPP tall and the coach will be strategic about the games he plays
And he gets it, nice stuff SK, you have answered your own question albeit across two different players 8-)
Be carefull your head doesn't explode. Not sure what all the effort for that post means, I'm guessing you probably don't either.
Not at all sure what you are trying to communicate here. I was complimenting you suggesting you have finally linked the chain.

When someone thinks they've caught someone contradicting themselves thier head can explode with over excitement.

Thanks for the compliment btw, I'm glad I was able to illustrate the difference between a pick 4 and pick 57.

If you are a 204cm beanpole pick #4 you should be given time to develop, not debut for over 12 months and be managed between the seniors and reserves as part of the process

But if you are a 199cm beanpole pick #57 the expectation is that you should debut in your first season and you are a fringe player if you have played 45 games over 5 seasons even if you didn't play year one due to not being developed and had an ACL year two after 6 consecutive matches.

See I was naively of the thought that it would take most 200cm players a year or so at least to debut and three to four seasons to establish themselves minimum.

Lucky you are not in list management at the Saints as Marshall may not have survived your axe given his age and development timeline.
Just out of curiosity how many cups of coffee have you had already?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm about to make one and keep reading this :)

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

A pissing contest in an elephant thread?Image

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

hahahahahaha

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 11:27am
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 10:23am

Comment on King....

Just out of curiosity how many cups of coffee have you had already?
Why do you continue to post personal references or questions?

I'd prefer the communication to stay on topic around Howard and King.

My take is, you don't think they specifically have earned or deserve a spot in round 1 & that Howard is not an established AFL or in our best 22.

I am of the opinion both are in our best 22 come round 1 and that Howard is already an established AFL player though still in his development years.

I have pointed out that your comments have been in my opinion quite inconsistent around development, where players should be at a point in their careers and treatment variation upon the # draft they were chosen.

Let me know if you see it differently and we can discuss it without the personal references.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

I am (nearly) always right, and I reserve the right to change my mind on the rare occasion that I'm wrong ... :wink: .

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I called someone a turdmuncher and got a 1 day holiday

How long would the ban have been if I said elephant's-turdmuncher?

minneapolis
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 4:24am I called someone a turdmuncher and got a 1 day holiday

How long would the ban have been if I said elephant's-turdmuncher?
One enormous day.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.