Dunstan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dunstan

Petracca and Oliver had better lift their game, then

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 7:26pm According to Tom Browne on Twitter, could be headed to the dees as early as tomorrow. Richo is apparently still a fan.
That's amusing, especially if it's true, Browne said it could be announced tomorrow.

I'm still not sure if it's a late April Fool's type gag. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
realdeal
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 8:56pm
amusingname wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 7:26pm According to Tom Browne on Twitter, could be headed to the dees as early as tomorrow. Richo is apparently still a fan.
That's amusing.
It's quite possible, definitely even, that Richo is getting on my nerves even more in the last 2 weeks then he did the last 18 months he was coaching us!

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 9:05pm
That's amusing.
It's quite possible, definitely even, that Richo is getting on my nerves even more in the last 2 weeks then he did the last 18 months he was coaching us!
Yes, i think he is grinning, at us.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

That's amusing.
Truth be told he never liked or rated St Kilda. His mates laughed their heads off when he got offered the gig. I doubt we've changed his attitude or belief.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I'm thoroughly fed up with Dunstan.

He might work hard on his strength, fitness, etc, but for me, his horrible kicking action and lack of pace had me wanting him out the door for years.
Might be a decent bloke but AFL players need a lot more skill than he's ever shown.

He'll be great in a lower league.
Sayonara, Luke

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
B.M
Saintsational Legend

So we’re off Dunstan now?!

Only a little while ago he was better than Seb Ross

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 10:22pm So we’re off Dunstan now?!

Only a little while ago he was better than Seb Ross
Some people rate him, some people don't.

You seem upset that not everyone on the forum holds the same opinion.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Not really,

I find it interesting that people tend to change their opinions on a players ability when they do??

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Hard to keep loving someone who doesn't love you. Still, I won't be surprised to see Dunstan with a premiership medal round his neck at the end of next season. Shades of Ben Brown.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Understudy for Viney who each season spends several weeks suspended or injured?

Culling Luke is a really positive sign we are maturing as a club in that certain attributes are non negotiable.

LD has his chances to show he could change/adapt/improve/be a team player, but he can't.

f he can get the ball from contests to Oliver or Petracca several times a game when he is picked then Melbourne would probably be ok with that. Might even tell him never kick, we have others for that.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 11:04pm Not really,

I find it interesting that people tend to change their opinions on a players ability when they do??
I don’t think anyone changed their opinion.

It’s different people expressing different opinions and you claiming some sort of superiority by saying “look at all these idiots changing their opinion”

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
happy feet
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 6:52am

It’s different people expressing different opinions and you claiming some sort of superiority by saying “look at all these idiots changing their opinion”
Consistency is not one of the traits of most posters on this forum.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 7:30am
kosifantutti wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 6:52am

Consistency is not one of the traits of most posters on this forum.
I do think there’s a certain segment of this forum whose assessment of Dunstan changed the moment after he played his last game for us… with some of his other performances over the last 3 months being downgraded too

Not a lot of forumites… but definitely a few vocal former super fans are suddenly big on the criticism

older saint
SS Life Member

Best news i have heard this week. As I said weeks ago please wait rather than delist and now if Melbourne take him as a replacement for Jones, the possibility even of a 4th round pick will be good as the points are needed for these academy players.

Sanctorum
Club Player

older saint wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 8:54am Best news i have heard this week. As I said weeks ago please wait rather than delist and now if Melbourne take him as a replacement for Jones, the possibility even of a 4th round pick will be good as the points are needed for these academy players.
I'm led to believe that as Dunstan is a RFA and not offered a new contract St Kilda are not going to get a compensation pick, but I'm not sure if that is right.

If Dunstan aspires to play senior footy you wonder why he would go to the Demons as their midfield is the best in the comp, so he is only ever going to be a backup in case of injuries, and play mostly in the VFL like he did this year.

Then again, he could be like Luke Ball, who wasn't rated by the coach and went on to be a premiership player with Collingwood.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 11:00am
The_Dud wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 9:47am
Mr Magic wrote: Mon 04 Oct 2021 4:49pm
Gershwin wrote: Mon 04 Oct 2021 4:42pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 04 Oct 2021 2:38pm
Ghost Like wrote: Mon 04 Oct 2021 9:21am
The_Dud wrote: Mon 04 Oct 2021 9:00am Getting multiple BOG's when only playing half a season is pretty good for such a 'limited' player... :roll:
And yet the club still doesn't want him. Or other clubs for that matter. His FA value is like his football, extremely limited.
Due to a personality clash with the coach it would seem. On field performance is 100% deserving of a spot.
Don't know that it is a personality clash. Apparently doesn't follow team rules which will always not sit well with the coach.
No, you're wrong Gershwin.
If The Dud says it's a personality clash then that's what it is.
After all, when it comes to Dunstan, The Dud is the resident expert on here.

I just wish Dunstan would hurry up and let us know which of the many offers he's going to accept so that I'll know which forum to go look for The Dud's comments once he follows him out of here.
Surely the Dud is going to follow Dunstan, once he no longer plays for the Saints?
It's straight from the horses mouth, or is that still not good enough for you? :D

Maybe he wasn't following team rules though? He might have been told to stop outplaying some of his more higher paid and experienced team mates and didn't listen, who knows?

He is one of our captains best mates, so yeah, must be a sh*t bloke! :lol:
Hey, I was promoting you, not denigrating you.
When it comes to Dunstan nobody on this site has a better insight than you.

So can you give us the goss?
After all, when it comes to Luke Dunstan you're the ITK
Which of the myriad of offers from other clubs is he going to accept.
Obviously his 11 Brownlow votes in half a season has suitably impressed many clubs.
I don't think it's 'insight' or you need to be an 'ITK' to read/listen to public comments!

And looks like he's weighing up a couple of deals but most likely accepting one with Melbourne. I'm not sure, are they a good team?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 10:54am
The_Dud wrote: Mon 04 Oct 2021 9:00am Getting multiple BOG's when only playing half a season is pretty good for such a 'limited' player... :roll:
And yet the club still doesn't want him. Or other clubs for that matter. His FA value is like his football, extremely limited.
Due to a personality clash with the coach it would seem. On field performance is 100% deserving of a spot.
Don't know that it is a personality clash. Apparently doesn't follow team rules which will always not sit well with the coach.

I just wish Dunstan would hurry up and let us know which of the many offers he's going to accept so that I'll know which forum to go look for The Dud's comments once he follows him out of here.
Surely the Dud is going to follow Dunstan, once he no longer plays for the Saints?
It's straight from the horses mouth, or is that still not good enough for you? :D

Maybe he wasn't following team rules though? He might have been told to stop outplaying some of his more higher paid and experienced team mates and didn't listen, who knows?

Obviously his 11 Brownlow votes in half a season has suitably impressed many clubs.
I don't think it's 'insight' or you need to be an 'ITK' to read/listen to public comments!

And looks like he's weighing up a couple of deals but most likely accepting one with Melbourne. I'm not sure, are they a good team?
I hope he gets there.
Demonland is a great Melbourne Forum - you'll fit right in over there.

older saint
SS Life Member

Sanctorum wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 10:13am
older saint wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 8:54am Best news i have heard this week. As I said weeks ago please wait rather than delist and now if Melbourne take him as a replacement for Jones, the possibility even of a 4th round pick will be good as the points are needed for these academy players.
I'm led to believe that as Dunstan is a RFA and not offered a new contract St Kilda are not going to get a compensation pick, but I'm not sure if that is right.

If Dunstan aspires to play senior footy you wonder why he would go to the Demons as their midfield is the best in the comp, so he is only ever going to be a backup in case of injuries, and play mostly in the VFL like he did this year.

Then again, he could be like Luke Ball, who wasn't rated by the coach and went on to be a premiership player with Collingwood.
My Understanding is StKilda not under obligation to offer a new contract until Oct 20 something so may get compo.
Fills Jones role and as someone said Viney gets hurt often . Provides depth to a midfield that is already very good at the top level but doesn't bat crazy deep from a centre square area. They also lack a run with mid .

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 9:23pm
That's amusing.
Truth be told he never liked or rated St Kilda. His mates laughed their heads off when he got offered the gig. I doubt we've changed his attitude or belief.
Sad if true, but highly likely seeing he was a filth player. No one there has ever rated the saints.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 11:27am
The_Dud wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 10:54am

I hope he gets there.
Demonland is a great Melbourne Forum - you'll fit right in over there.
:D 8-) :wink:

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan can get the ball but he's a modern day Des Meagher

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I have seen a couple of supposedly ITK or intelligent commentators say that Dunstan has already been delisted.

I doubt that that is true. The saints aren't that stupid.

diddley
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 12:05pm I have seen a couple of supposedly ITK or intelligent commentators say that Dunstan has already been delisted.

diddley
Club Player

diddley wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 12:44pm
saynta wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 12:05pm I have seen a couple of supposedly ITK or intelligent commentators say that Dunstan has already been delisted.

I have always read it as that he was not going to be offered a contract. After the list lodgement dates, that is effectively delisting, but only after the end of October.