Guess the delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rocket
Club Player

Re: Guess the delistings

Makes our early picks for White and Markworth look ugly on paper. Tipping Markworth will be picked up onto our rookie list.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Finally Siposs is gone.

I hope that list expands. We need a bit more turnover than that.
In a weak draft shedding players for the sake of it seems stupid.

SP has no interest at all in thinking of things like that.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Rocket wrote:Makes our early picks for White and Markworth look ugly on paper. Tipping Markworth will be picked up onto our rookie list.

The form of Bruce and the unexpected availabilty of Goddard probably sealed Whites fate if in fact he has been delisted.

Markworth was about pick 50 odd in the real world due to compo picks.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Rocket wrote:Makes our early picks for White and Markworth look ugly on paper. Tipping Markworth will be picked up onto our rookie list.

The form of Bruce and the unexpected availabilty of Goddard probably sealed Whites fate if in fact he has been delisted.

There was doubt before that as he only got a one year contract.

FQF
SS Life Member

I hope they don't delist Markworth.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

There was doubt before that as he only got a one year contract.
Well thats fair he had a heap of injuries. I think Sipposs or White may have a second chance.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully we rookie Markworth which still leaves the door slightly ajar for a fairytale.

FQF
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Hopefully we rookie Markworth which still leaves the door slightly ajar for a fairytale.
The guy literally hasn't had a chance.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Hopefully we rookie Markworth which still leaves the door slightly ajar for a fairytale.
I don't know if he'd be interested TBH, Richo has shown zero interest in him, made it very clear that he's not in his plans… the whole thing has been very disappointing.

FQF
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
I don't know if he'd be interested TBH, Richo has shown zero interest in him, made it very clear that he's not in his plans… the whole thing has been very disappointing.
How has he made that clear?

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

FQF wrote:
The guy literally hasn't had a chance.
Hugely disappointing not to get a single run in the ones. From what I saw of him in the first half on Sunday he continues to ooze potential.

Like Con, I hope there's a rookie space for him at the vey least. I still believe in fairytales ...

Always loyal
Kernal75
Club Player

I'd like to see them re-draft Markworth with a late pick or put him on the rookie list to see if he has anything? Give him another season and get his body right. If he doesn't get through the season then there's nothing lost. In effect we would be swapping Sinclair for Markworth which I'm ok with.
As for the others, no real surprises there I guess, although I'm disappointed Spencer didn't really work out.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

And who really cares!? It's the risk you take..

older saint
SS Life Member

White, Simpkin and Siposs all were not able to get a senior game this season - to me that is not good enough so fair enough. Merkwzorth would be worth a rookie spot to see how things go . Saad was probably heading towards the fringe in his final year before suspension so not surprised , game has changed and doesn't work hard enough defensively to survive in the AFL now days.

saint6709
Club Player

older saint wrote:White, Simpkin and Siposs all were not able to get a senior game this season - to me that is not good enough so fair enough. Merkwzorth would be worth a rookie spot to see how things go . Saad was probably heading towards the fringe in his final year before suspension so not surprised , game has changed and doesn't work hard enough defensively to survive in the AFL now days.
Siposs is the one who needs to stay he is a footballer and could still be a good one - needs to really pull out a big pre season for fitness and you would hope that by now the penny has dropped-- - I think Markworth is a pipedream - would love to be proved wrong and would like to see markworth rookied for 1 more year - but not at the expense of siposs

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

older saint wrote:White, Simpkin and Siposs all were not able to get a senior game this season - to me that is not good enough so fair enough. Merkwzorth would be worth a rookie spot to see how things go . Saad was probably heading towards the fringe in his final year before suspension so not surprised , game has changed and doesn't work hard enough defensively to survive in the AFL now days.
And no left foot which really hurts a small goal sneak.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:
Siposs is the one who needs to stay he is a footballer and could still be a good one - needs to really pull out a big pre season for fitness and you would hope that by now the penny has dropped-- - I think Markworth is a pipedream - would love to be proved wrong and would like to see markworth rookied for 1 more year - but not at the expense of siposs
siposs doesn't have the work ethic hes cooked
markworth has been unlucky - quick and skilled mid and we need plenty of them HES the one we need to make it.

“Yeah….nah””
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I have no interest in spuds on our list regardless of how weak the draft is.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

And you have even less respect for some of our players. If they are good respect until they are no good. If they aren't good enough stuff them from the start. I can imagine what you say at the footy to some of our players.

evo
Club Player

We only need to draft two players plus Sinclair upgrade. Doubt if there are any gems left at picks 45 onwards in this year's draft.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:38 is Rookie. So thats only 4 gone?
Has to be one more to come.....

why- Clubs only required to move 3- But can then re draft rookie

so 4 is average.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

And you have even less respect for some of our players. If they are good respect until they are no good. If they aren't good enough stuff them from the start. I can imagine what you say at the footy to some of our players.
Get a grip buddy. Not all players make it. Many don't. I call it as I see it. No sugar coating. At least I go to more than a handful of games a year to form my opinions

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Get a grip buddy. Not all players make it. Many don't. I call it as I see it. No sugar coating. At least I go to more than a handful of games a year to form my opinions

I know not every player makes it. Probably less than 50% but why call them spuds and hope they are delisted isn't supporting our players. And I don't even understand your last sentence. I go to every game I can. I happen to also follow another club which means I cant go the footy on Saturdays. You should try it. The problem is we don't call our players spuds and hope they are delisted so it may not suit you.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I know not every player makes it. Probably less than 50% but why call them spuds and hope they are delisted isn't supporting our players. And I don't even understand your last sentence. I go to every game I can. I happen to also follow another club which means I cant go the footy on Saturdays. You should try it. The problem is we don't call our players spuds and hope they are delisted so it may not suit you.
You don't get it. Ok so I shouldn't hope any players get delisted even if they are spuds.

Yep, makes perfect sense to no one except yourself

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
You don't get it. Ok so I shouldn't hope any players get delisted even if they are spuds.

Yep, makes perfect sense to no one except yourself
No I don't get the idea of calling our players spuds. How does it help you? I'm pretty sure it doesn't. And even if you hope players get delisted, no one is listening. Why not just wait and see instead of showing joy about a player getting delisted? If a player I think should be delisted isn't, I hope he proves me wrong. All you would do is complain about that player all the next season.

And you like saying things make sense to everyone but the poster you are speaking to. The problem with those comments is not many people seem to agree with you.