Did I hear correct - god help us

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Did I hear correct - god help us

Pottsville ?

is that where the 'cows' are ?

edit

Mooball

another edit

always (softly) planned an artists statement
as i rode through the joint
... it needs red paint desperately
Last edited by asiu on Wed 26 Sep 2018 8:25am, edited 2 times in total.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 25 Sep 2018 9:06pm You’re most welcome if you’re coming this way. Plenty of places in Bruns or Mullum for coffee. Or Pottsville or Kingscliff.
I tend to stay away from Byron these days unless I have to go there..Iluka is quieter, but a bit of a trip from here...lots of impressions to take in around here....

I will also be in Brissy on Sunday 7 October and could meet after 3 ..
Done Kingscliff, stunning. Work commitments don't allow SB. The Northern NSW Coastline brings welcome weekend relaxation and relief atm from a manic weekly schedule. Otherwise would absolutely join you for a brew. Raincheck.

barneyboyz
Club Player

In all honesty, the poor skill level and lack of leadership (within the team) has been undeniable, it's the 'why' that is of disagreement. I do believe that Alan was under huge pressure throughout this year, and possibly more so than Bucks last year, which can be debated. Understandably he has (at times) reacted as expected i.e. in 'self preservation'

So what has happened? a couple of years ago we beat Melbourne twice, and were tracking reasonable. Well much has been discussed here already that probably doesn't require further judgement, but I do totally blame the club, and here's why;

1 Skills drop off under extreme pressure, just ask Melbourne! so, understandably our pressure or lack of, has created skill issues
2 Our team has definitely started the last two seasons unfit, as compared to the teams we played. Last year this was evident and discussed at length, and
3 After the Carlton game last year our club, from the CEO to the senior coach threw our team under the biggest bus they could find. It has to be said that the players would have been blindsided by this, and haven't recovered. Have a strong statement on the matter and get on with it. When the Caro's and Patrick Smith's come knocking, tell them we've made our statement and to piss off.

This has been bigger than most think. Obviously it's my opinion, but the core of the situation, and apart from whether Richo can/can not coach? which is irrelevant here, is important. This is an unintended consequence of our need to be PC on many social matters at this club. Matters that are, and will always be separate from just simply playing football.

If our Social club, or any other part of the club wants to have a social conscience??? then so be it, but ffs this should have no bearing on playing football

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 24 Sep 2018 9:47am
Teflon wrote: Sun 23 Sep 2018 9:00pm
Cairnsman wrote: Sun 23 Sep 2018 4:07pm
Scollop wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 9:47pm Cairnsman:

Richo publicly stated that the players skills were sub par and NOT of AFL standard. I provided the links. There are multiple quotes from Richo blaming losses on the players skills and his embarrassing belittling of our current leadership group and the players HE and his coaches had selected to lead the club on field.

I am starting to think that I am talking to someone who used to be an apologist for the club and was constantly attacking the man rather than debating the issues. Why do you ignore the obvious? Are you letting plugger66 use your login?

If he has not taken over your login then I think you have morphed into him
So let's start with the definition of blame: it's claiming it is the fault of something or someone, and so you are claiming Richo has said we lost games because it was the players fault, you are claiming he made this direct accusation if you like. So what you are claiming is a head coach has said it is the players fault we lost a game in a press conference? Has this ever happened ever in any professional sport around the world, can't think of one of the top of my head, it would have been pretty big news if it happened, but this is what you are claiming Richo did. To be clear you are saying Richo is a grub of a person because he threw his players under bus to save his skin in a blatant and deliberate way. That's the assertion.

Now let's break down your incredibly false claim and so called evidence a little further and look at the two media citations you provided, one from the AFL website and one from the SEN website

Firstly in the AFL article, it is title 'Richardson bemoans 'sub-par' skills again'. (Import's ant to note the use of the word bemoans is editorial licence, not Richo's word).

Asked post-match whether it's a difference in class, a frustrated St Kilda coach said: "I can imagine you could say that after watching tonight. And that's probably been a bit of a pattern for us, we've had to work pretty hard.

"Some of our errors coming out of defence, you wouldn't expect at this level. But we're sub-par in that area, there's no doubt about that.

"Some of our entries at times … you wouldn't want to be a forward in front of the ball."

So no blame in this quote by definition, again just a reminder of the definition of blame and in the context you are perpetuating which is claiming it was the players fault we lost a game, which is a terrible and unfair smear on someones character if falsely accused. So what was Richo doing, just answering a LEADING question and giving an honest account of what happened in the game. These types of comments are given every week by losing coaches. If you want an example go and listen to the Alistair Clarkson presser after the loss to Melbourne in the final last week, Clarko laments and bemoans a lack of depth and polish on the list. In your mind did Clarko blame the players for the loss to Melbourne with these comments?

I could go on with examples of how badly you have interpreted this AFL article to derive and or validate your dislike for Richo which is understandable as it is clearly filtered through your negative and obvious mindset against Richo, happens all the time, mindsets are human traits. BUT what is unmistakable is Richo did not say it was the players fault we lost the game, he did not throw the players under the bus to save his skin like you are weakly suggesting.

So moving onto the SEN article you also cite as evidence that Richo said it was players fault we lost a game. This one actually made me chuckle a little, just because of how embarrassing it is for you. Straight up there is not one quote from Richo in this opinion piece by Wallace, do you know the difference between opinion and fact Scollop? do you know the importance of quotes? Not one quote, in actual fact the whole article was about Wallace and his opinion of comments made by Simon Lethlean. Like I say just embarrassing for you. Not one shred of evidence in this SEN article to back your claims that Richo blamed players, accused them of fault, for a loss. NADA!.

I reckon you know the point I am making here and and to any objective and fair minded observer it would be clear of what you are asserting regarding
Richo's character when you falsely claim be "blamed" players for a loss. It's a grubby false smear and attack on someones character that can't defend himself. It makes you look like a weak bully.

And St Byron, I like the way you are clinging onto the back of other ill informed posts that somehow validate your false beliefs, but I note you too are deflecting and unable to provide evidence to back up your false claims, most likely because you haven't got time to do Google searches LOL)

Own it, take accountability.
Look haven’t read all that saints propaganda but still yet to see you provide any proof/evidence that after 5 years AR is a great coach.

Do that and everyone shuts ups
Own it, you know you want to.
This thread is not about debating if AR is a good coach. It's about adding 1+1 and getting 3.14159.

Just got to the point of frustration with absolute lies, mis information and false claims being made, or "impressions" as St Byron likes to call it.

I can see the areas Richo could be doing better and I can agree with other supporters fair minded and objective critiques of Richo, positive and negative, but I felt a need to highlight the myth and lies generated around this false claim that Richo blamed the players for losing games. It never happened and was an "impression" that snowballed and quickly attracted popular belief amongst sheeple.

Anyway my work is done. Myth busted.
You’re on an Internet footy fan forum and sick of rumours?
Best get off I’d suggest....Bex and a good lie down the order of the day...

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Tue 25 Sep 2018 9:41pm Pottsville ?

is that where the 'cows' are ?

edit

Mooball

another edit

always (softly) planned an artists statement
as i rode through the joint
... it needs red paint desperately
Yes bro....Mooball....used to be on the highway before they put the freeway through. That’s about 20 mins from me. If you draw a triangle from Byron to Bruns to Mullum, am pretty much in the middle of that.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Tue 25 Sep 2018 9:54pm
st.byron wrote: Tue 25 Sep 2018 9:06pm You’re most welcome if you’re coming this way. Plenty of places in Bruns or Mullum for coffee. Or Pottsville or Kingscliff.
I tend to stay away from Byron these days unless I have to go there..Iluka is quieter, but a bit of a trip from here...lots of impressions to take in around here....

I will also be in Brissy on Sunday 7 October and could meet after 3 ..
Done Kingscliff, stunning. Work commitments don't allow SB. The Northern NSW Coastline brings welcome weekend relaxation and relief atm from a manic weekly schedule. Otherwise would absolutely join you for a brew. Raincheck.
Okay man...be happy to meet ya....

asiu
Saintsational Legend

when i'm not being flogged to death
by my baby sister
and her wicked friends
i'll van life it , to your front gate :)

dun ya reckon Mooball needs red paint ?
wanna be involved ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Thu 27 Sep 2018 10:39am when i'm not being flogged to death
by my baby sister
and her wicked friends
i'll van life it , to your front gate :)

dun ya reckon Mooball needs red paint ?
wanna be involved ?
You’re welcome man.

That’s an awesome idea. St.Mooball.