Jack Higgins

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Higgins

saintsRrising wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 4:03pm
kosifantutti wrote: Wed 11 Nov 2020 3:56pm Unlike Dan Butler he won’t have to go out and buy a knock off Saints jumper. It might still fit.

Geeze pinching my jokes from page 1 of this thread ;)
Just providing evidence for backfromusa's claim that the mods don't read every post.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
ace
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote: Wed 11 Nov 2020 7:02pm Many of the done deals are being held over until tomorrow afternoon/evening to create ‘drama’ for the end of the trade period. I suspect Higgins trade fits into this category.
If you come to an agreed deal quickly then you leave yourself open to criticism that you could have done better.
Both sides need to create the illusion that they are fighting tooth and nail for the best deal for their club.
There is a stand off with clubs apart on what is a fair deal.
Both sides then appear to gain some but also give some when the deal is finally revealed.
You have to do this to satisfy the supporters.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Josh Battle
Club Player

Don’t think you can’t satisfy the Collingwood supporters with went down with Treloar and Jayden Stevenson. Even they aren’t stupid enough to believe that their footy department was ‘interested in improving their list’. Ned Guy was interviewed on Foxfooty a few hours ago and this was his straight bat answer when asked what the main reasons were for trading out 3 high profile players.

FoxFooty had a great show on tonight that went for 3 hours and 11 minutes and it was all live. Must watch viewing for any footy nut and fanatic. Maybe a few AFL players and club employees also watching to see where some of their colleagues are headed.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 9:28am Today we have Gary Buchenara telling the world that the Saints should pay up big for Higgins or the Tigers should refuse to deal.

This follows an article last week saying the Saints should pay up big for Crouch or the Crows should refuse to deal.

Do other clubs score this sort of press in trade week?
One should change the B to an F in his surname to get a more accurate picture of the creep. :roll:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

that provoked a mirthful outburst
when i read mr buckenara’s name to myself

i knew
you had a sense of humour in there somewhere

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Billings Method
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 13 Nov 2020 11:31am
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 9:28am Today we have Gary Buchenara telling the world that the Saints should pay up big for Higgins or the Tigers should refuse to deal.

This follows an article last week saying the Saints should pay up big for Crouch or the Crows should refuse to deal.

Do other clubs score this sort of press in trade week?
One should change the B to an F in his surname to get a more accurate picture of the creep. :roll:
Aah, Gary Buckenara. Great player, but like so many former players, a less than glorious post playing career. Failed coach and got the lemonade and sarss from his job as CEO of Frankston. Having read some of his "analysis" pieces, it's not hard to see why.

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

No announcement in the press but the Saints Youtube channel just put out a Higgins highlight package on their channel.

Strange way to announce it but very happy. Exciting player.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
George27
Club Player

Josh Battle wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 11:02pm Don’t think you can’t satisfy the Collingwood supporters with went down with Treloar and Jayden Stevenson. Even they aren’t stupid enough to believe that their footy department was ‘interested in improving their list’. Ned Guy was interviewed on Foxfooty a few hours ago and this was his straight bat answer when asked what the main reasons were for trading out 3 high profile players.

FoxFooty had a great show on tonight that went for 3 hours and 11 minutes and it was all live. Must watch viewing for any footy nut and fanatic. Maybe a few AFL players and club employees also watching to see where some of their colleagues are headed.
It really was compelling viewing . Our Joey Montagna made a major contribution.

Over the last 2 years the perception has clearly become that , in amongst all the madness of trade period, the Saints ( Gallagher et al ) are amongst the intelligent adults in the room. Very satisfying .

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Milne, Higgins, Riewoldt

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Out of interest...

Most ppl, myself included have him walking straight into the top 22 but Is he ready to play in terms of health?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021 2:49pm Out of interest...

Most ppl, myself included have him walking straight into the top 22 but Is he ready to play in terms of health?
Go to Moorabbin and ask him and then report back here

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021 5:13pm
skeptic wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021 2:49pm Out of interest...

Go to Moorabbin and ask him and then report back here
It’s a bit far for me these days

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 11:02pm Don’t think you can’t satisfy the Collingwood supporters with went down with Treloar and Jayden Stevenson. Even they aren’t stupid enough to believe that their footy department was ‘interested in improving their list’. Ned Guy was interviewed on Foxfooty a few hours ago and this was his straight bat answer when asked what the main reasons were for trading out 3 high profile players.

Paying out someone’s gambling debts may have something to do with the bookkeeping stuff up.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.