Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 7:25am
LOL - no - actually - you are the one describing a scenario that is not possible - there are not two people exactly suited for the role

But I am not being a hypocrite or maintaining integrity.

As per current laws - I am literally not allowed to know if someone comes up through hard knocks or through the Old Boys network except what they list on their CV.

So - as I said - if they are perfectly matched, and I can only hire one - I ask them about Umpires in AFL football - and then make my choice :wink:

But please tell me why person A is the person you should hire???? Aside from qualifications, which once you start work usually mean squat, they are after all perfectly matched in their ability to do the job as you stressed!
And please enlighten me as to why I am a hypocrite for hiring person B who can do the job as well as Person A?

I think you miss my whole philosophy on life - take away the A & B and you are asking if I hire Person or Person - and that, my friend, is how I see the world - PERSONS who make up HUMANITY

Maybe you do not have the same tolerance and understanding of the real world as you profess!
It's a simple question, Person A or Person B? You don't know their background, all you know is that by all measurables at your disposal Person A is the more qualified candidate for the job.

But keep writing in circles, going off on tangents, anything but answer the question, honestly didn't think you'd take the cowards way out.

As Scollop hinted at above, their are many Australians, including people on this forum, who were born and grew up into adulthood in an Australia where Aboriginals weren't recognised as citizens, it was legal to rape your wife and illegal to engage in homosexual acts. But lucky for us in 2023 that has all been forgotten! There are no hangovers from generations of discrimination, racism/sexism/homophobia has all been solved in Australia! Everyone is now seen and treated as just "persons" (unlike those backwards Americans)!

I'm envious of you SD, as you live in a world where everyone has an equal chance of success, whether you're born into poverty or Kerry Packers kid, you both have the same chance at becoming a billionaire as long as you just work hard, amirite?!

Why should we be giving anyone a leg-up? They just need to work harder and not be so lazy!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 7:03pm In my time as a footy fan, the two most racially abused players would probably have been Sergio Silvagni and Syd Jackson.
I remember Syd telling me he was walking off the ground when the filth's Shaw said to him " You're yella Jackson." When Syd replied "You're colour blind", Shaw punched him in the face. Got reported for his dog act thankfully.

Robbie copped his fair share of abuse too, both from players and opposition supporters. Only trouble was, he was the one to get rubbed out.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:55pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:50pm
Milne, arguably the most hated Saint to opposition supporters never copped that. That annoying Freo player whose name I can’t recall etc, Aker, none of them were close to that severity.
Aker was a Lion - then a Dog - I think you mean Ballantyne or Crowlley (Freo's Bakers)

But - I agree - people did not boo Milne as much as Goodes - but I had to explain to a 6 yo in the Medallion Club why he was continually called a rapist (with a p not a c) by opposition supporters - one even hanging over the fence when he was taking a shot at goal.

Do you think Milne retired because he was cooked??? Do you reckon he might have wished this woman was Booing him?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... r.1012037/
In contrast to the Goodes issue; the commentators laughed the abuse off and humorously suggested that Milne was somewhat deserving of the horrible abuse he so often suffers at the hands of morbidly obese and chronically ******* stupid 'fans'. The footage was played on the big-screen at the ground and the Collingwood crowd, as a collective, joined in the laughter.

Please boo - I would rather that!
Filth supporter, fat and ugly as usual but surprisingly she has teeth.

And before the P C crowd on here have a go at me for my comments, I will say, "I don't give a tu'penny f***'.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 10:50am
LOL - no - actually - you are the one describing a scenario that is not possible - there are not two people exactly suited for the role

As per current laws - I am literally not allowed to know if someone comes up through hard knocks or through the Old Boys network except what they list on their CV.

So - as I said - if they are perfectly matched, and I can only hire one - I ask them about Umpires in AFL football - and then make my choice :wink:

But please tell me why person A is the person you should hire???? Aside from qualifications, which once you start work usually mean squat, they are after all perfectly matched in their ability to do the job as you stressed!
And please enlighten me as to why I am a hypocrite for hiring person B who can do the job as well as Person A?

I think you miss my whole philosophy on life - take away the A & B and you are asking if I hire Person or Person - and that, my friend, is how I see the world - PERSONS who make up HUMANITY

Maybe you do not have the same tolerance and understanding of the real world as you profess!
It's a simple question, Person A or Person B? You don't know their background, all you know is that by all measurables at your disposal Person A is the more qualified candidate for the job.

But keep writing in circles, going off on tangents, anything but answer the question, honestly didn't think you'd take the cowards way out.

As Scollop hinted at above, their are many Australians, including people on this forum, who were born and grew up into adulthood in an Australia where Aboriginals weren't recognised as citizens, it was legal to rape your wife and illegal to engage in homosexual acts. But lucky for us in 2023 that has all been forgotten! There are no hangovers from generations of discrimination, racism/sexism/homophobia has all been solved in Australia! Everyone is now seen and treated as just "persons" (unlike those backwards Americans)!

I'm envious of you SD, as you live in a world where everyone has an equal chance of success, whether you're born into poverty or Kerry Packers kid, you both have the same chance at becoming a billionaire as long as you just work hard, amirite?!

Why should we be giving anyone a leg-up? They just need to work harder and not be so lazy!
Aww - were you overlooked for a promotion????

And I cant answer Person A or Person B - and I never will - so keep asking - because it is a hypothetical and I have stated on numerous occasions that I would need determine it based on a PERSON - not an imaginary person

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:13pm Lucky for modern society the dinosaurs (way of thinking) are dying out!

Doing something possibly noble decades ago is no excuse for being a ignorant d*ck in 2023.

Some peoples’ war is everyday in the country they were born in.
Its thinking in general that's dying out.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:29pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:28pm
The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:13pm Lucky for modern society the dinosaurs (way of thinking) are dying out!

Doing something possibly noble decades ago is no excuse for being a ignorant d*ck in 2023.

Some peoples’ war is everyday in the country they were born in.
Oh My F@rking G0d

Are you so anti White Australian that you recognise nothing of value in the contribution of the ordinary man since the wars

FFS - I am so sick of the s*** that gets posted in the name of equality

Equality means just that

Equal opportunities
Equal respect

People like you try and make me embarrassed for being a middle aged white male

F@rk that - I am proud of the work that I have done to own my own house, have 2 investment properties, raised a fantastic 25 yo son and live a happy life - I pay my taxes - i dont get speeding fines (I cant afford them) - I scream at the TV when they force their opinions on me - I don't understand why I can't boo Goodes for being a thug (not that I did - but I reserved the right to do so) - just the same as people used to boo Baker.

Having an opinion is like owning a pee-pee - you have every right to it - just don't try and force it down my throat!

I love my country - and I love every person living in it - but FFS STOP trying to cookie cutter me

I am NOT racist
I am NOT Homophobic
I am NOT sexist

I believe there are 2 genderss
I believe that EVERYONE has a right to choose who they want to be = and be with
I do not believe in quotas - open jobs to everyone and pick the BEST candidate

BUT

I resent people for making the choice for me.

I work in a firm that employed myself and a female at the same time - she is gone - not because of sexist reasons - she was s*** at the job - the boss had every right to fire her.

FFS - SEE THE PERSON - not the color of their skin, their gender, their belief.

BTW - I am a dyed in the wool St Kilda supporter - I do not apologise for that (and so is my son - and I wont apologise to him either for doing that to him) - I have faith, I have love, I have charity - LET ME CHOOSE what to do with them
Gee whiz, some underlying issues coming out here! Pretty sure I didn’t say or accuse you of any of those things.

But one thing you did bring up; do you think every Australian has now, and in the past had, equal opportunity to succeed?
In regards to the past the answer is no....for every nation, civilisation and culture that has ever existed.

Now, in Australia, yes indeed.

Are you confusing equal opportunity with equity (equality of outcome)? These are two distinctly different things.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 10:18pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 10:01pm
The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:56pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:47pm
The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:29pm
But one thing you did bring up; do you think every Australian has now, and in the past had, equal opportunity to succeed?
No - I do not

But over-correction does not fix the past
Would you deny anyone the same opportunity to build the life you have?
I would not - AND THAT IS MY WHOLE POINT - it has got to the stage that SWM's cannot achieve - even if they are the best candidate - simply because of quotas.

Just see people as people - that's all I asked - but you cherry pick my post and think it is having a go - all I want is equality

Equal Opportunity should be that - not giving someone (no matter race, creed, religion) a 'leg up' to the exclusion of all others.

I also feel extremely pained by the Stolen Generation - but it was not only Indigenous mothers who had their children taken - It has been happening for generations that the daughter goes to visit the Cousins and comes back 'all better'. It was not done as genocide but by misguided people thinking they knew better.
You agree that not all Australians have equal opportunity, and say you would not deny anyone that opportunity, but then seem very angered about modern society trying to close that “opportunity gap”?
Your question is based on a premise that is utter bulls***. Please enlighten us, how is Society trying to close the "opportunity gap"? Also, you might want to explain what or where the opportunity gap is? Or are you really talking about equality of outcome?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 2:13pm

Aww - were you overlooked for a promotion????

And I cant answer Person A or Person B - and I never will - so keep asking - because it is a hypothetical and I have stated on numerous occasions that I would need determine it based on a PERSON - not an imaginary person
I'm a white male, so I don't think I've ever been overlooked for anything in Australia!

My only hope is that one day in this country everyone is afforded the same opportunities you were SD 👍

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I'm sorry, but I cannot take seriously anything posted by The_Dud on this matter whilst he continues to keep the photograph of Ratten as his avatar.
The absolute gall of him lecturing everybody on this subject whilst continuing to denigrate Brett Ratten by inferring he is a dud is astonishing to me.
I didn't like it when had a photo of Curly as his avatar
I didn't like it when he had a photo of Alan Richardson as his avatar.

I find it ironical that he's prepared to lecture us all on what is acceptable behaviour in this matter whilst at the same time inferring, through the combination of his poster name and avatar, that these people are 'duds'
Last edited by Mr Magic on Fri 12 May 2023 3:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 10:35pm After 6 pages and it would appear most are in furious agreement that racism and bigotry doesn't exist.

And there's a lesson about the sacrifice of war in there somewhere too.

Have a listen to the old farts on the internet.

Surely it boils down to...

Try not to be a Kent.
What? Your first sentence is outrageous! Most are in furious agreement that the booing of Buddy probably wasn't for reasons of race. How on earth does that equate to "most are in furious agreement that racism and bigotry doesn't exist".

You are either manipulative and dishonest or haven't read the thread.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 3:16pm I'm sorry, but I cannot take seriously anything posted by The_Dud on this matter whilst he continues to keep the photograph of Ratten as his avatar.
The absolute gall of him lecturing everybody on this subject whilst continuing to denigrate Brett Ratten by inferring he is a dud is astonishing to me.

I find it ironical that he's prepared to lecture us all on what is acceptable behaviour in this matter whilst at the same time inferring, through the combination of his poster name and avatar, that these people are 'duds'
I'm open to suggestions if you have any?

FWIW I'm not a fan of your avatar either, as it is clearly trying to imply magic is real when it is obviously not.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 3:23pm
Mr Magic wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 3:16pm I'm sorry, but I cannot take seriously anything posted by The_Dud on this matter whilst he continues to keep the photograph of Ratten as his avatar.

FWIW I'm not a fan of your avatar either, as it is clearly trying to imply magic is real when it is obviously not.
Smartarse
I'll remove mine if you remove yours and don't put up a photo of anybody else.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 3:25pm
The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 3:23pm

Smartarse
I'll remove mine if you remove yours and don't put up a photo of anybody else.
The_Dud - a smartarse - surely not!!!

I believe in Magic - I married Her!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Hhhmmm - did you ever answer the above question????

― Aristophanes

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 12:15pm
Toy Saint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 7:03pm In my time as a footy fan, the two most racially abused players would probably have been Sergio Silvagni and Syd Jackson.
I remember Syd telling me he was walking off the ground when the filth's Shaw said to him " You're yella Jackson." When Syd replied "You're colour blind", Shaw punched him in the face. Got reported for his dog act thankfully.

Robbie copped his fair share of abuse too, both from players and opposition supporters. Only trouble was, he was the one to get rubbed out.
Worth a read...

https://www.afl.com.au/news/484673/syd- ... ouree-2020

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 7:37pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 7:07pm
chook23 wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 6:13pm
My father served AUSTRALIANS
Well written chook23!

As did my father, his father and his father before him, as did my mothers side of the family.
Both great grandfathers were killed in WWI & one grandfather in WWII.
An uncle blew his own brains out a few years after returning from Vietnam, as we now believe he suffered PTSD.
I am lucky that I was from a generation that did not have to serve.

It appears Anglophobia is alive and well on this forum :lol:
I thank them all for their service and sacrifice D.B. & Chook. My father was similar, wounded in PNG by the Japanese. Barely spoke about the war. In fact, the only 3 three things he spoke of in his ailing years was;
The Japanese Imperial Forces were not small men.
He gave blood to a Japanese POW, even knowing the atrocities the man's fellow soldiers were commiting on their surge to Australia.
When he died in 2012, he had recently been watching the news and mused to no one in particular, "This is not the country I fought for." I believe it was simply a thought out loud.

Make of this what you will but every day in this country has some value and merit, even if we do not agree with how we got to this day or what we want from tomorrow.

The strip for this year's Indigenous Round is a cracker & one I'll happily add to my collection.
Great post Ghost.

My grandfather never spoke ill of the Japanese nor held a grudge, despite fighting against them and losing friends who were POW's.
He preferred to tell humorous anecdotes about guys he served with.
But he would have never purchased a Japanese motor vehicle, he was a Holden man.
Thank god he was long gone by the time they ceased manufacture in Australia.

The comment on the Imperial Forces is a cracker, I heard it from my grandfather and also in folk law.
The Aussies were apparently told in training that the Japanese were a small race of spectacle wearing timid men, then they met the Imperial Guard.

And if I remember correctly we won a major battle at "Milne Bay" in late 1941 to add a Saints theme to the discussion.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 3:17pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 10:35pm After 6 pages and it would appear most are in furious agreement that racism and bigotry doesn't exist.

Try not to be a Kent.
What? Your first sentence is outrageous! Most are in furious agreement that the booing of Buddy probably wasn't for reasons of race. How on earth does that equate to "most are in furious agreement that racism and bigotry doesn't exist".

why would I want to wade through 7 pages of pig swill shat out the arse of ignorant fat ole farts.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 7:13pm
saynta wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 12:15pm

Worth a read...

https://www.afl.com.au/news/484673/syd- ... ouree-2020
Thank you for posting that and yes, it was worth the read. I am ashamed of some of the things that have happened to our first nations people in the past but it needs to be highlighted so such barbarity never happens again.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 8:01pm

Try not to be a Kent.

why would I want to wade through 7 pages of pig swill shat out the arse of ignorant fat ole farts.
Well, you subject us to your offensive, smelly arse droppings almost every day, So more than happy to return the favour.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Try not to be a Kent.

To avoid making bulls*** comments that demonstrate your bigotry.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 9:02pm

Try not to be a Kent.

To avoid making bulls*** comments that demonstrate your bigotry.
At least make a point.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:49pm
happy feet wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:45pm
I think our country still has a lot going for it, but I think we are losing the long held notion that everyone who deserves a fair go gets one.

My Dad served with Tom Derrick VC in New Guinea and Tarakan. Dad never talked about the war much, but he said Derrick was Aboriginal and the bravest man he had ever met.
Comraderie. How it should be.

Everyone gets a fair go if you make a fist of it.
But it might mean getting out of your comfort zone or moving away from home. Find a way.

Aboriginals returning after WW2 to apartheid Australia got a fair go did they?

If you were a halfy I suppose you might have (as long as you kept your Aboriginality hidden :mrgreen:)

https://ourmobserved.anu.edu.au/news-ev ... ar-present

"The opportunity to serve in Australia’s armed forces gave many the experience of liberation from racial stereotypes for the first time.

Oral histories reveal that while racism might emerge behind the lines, when serving at the front line, all were alike in their concerns to survive and consider one another.

The history of conflict between Aboriginal and non-Indigenous Australians, combined with the lack of equal rights, throws into perspective the subject of this exhibition. Well before 1967, these stories of our shared history were unfolding."

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Before you call me a Coward (which I find offensive) for having convictions that I have very clearly stated that I do not discriminate - did you ever answer the above question????

And to redirect your point about working hard - you have more chance to become a billionaire if you do work hard than if you don't - but I will never be a Billionaire - I will just be a comfortable wage earner looking to secure a future for his wife and child who has no doubt that he is loved!

[Oh and talk about writing in circles and tangents - what does sanctified rape and homosexual acts have to do with Hiring Person A or B]

[[And how do you know what world I live in

- how do you know whether or not 20 years ago I was working at 2:00 in the morning cleaning fat fryers at Melbourne Zoo to get $75 per day to put food on the table for my 3 year old son??
- how do you know whether or not my contract employer went bust in the GFC leaving my with $150K worth of billings unpaid to my wife and myself?
- how do you know whether or not my parents sold an investment unit in Chelsea to pay for me to go to the cheaper of the 'Good' schools?]]

― Aristophanes

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Also - and I need this to be a different post:-

The_Dud

Almost all day I listen to music as I work - my choice of Music - Skillet - look them up if you want to get to know me. You live what the voices tell you - and these guys rock my world

Try listening to:
- Rise
- Sick of It
- Not Gonna Die
- Good to be Alive
- American Noise

In fact (and I now take my light out from under the Bushell here on Saintsational) - Listen to the whole 'Rise' album - see if it does not challenge you (and maybe you will know a little more about my motivations)

― Aristophanes

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

You (and others) are so brainwashed and caught up on things that happened so long ago that you are beyond saving. People like you are only going to be happy when my wage is $80k and the govt wage is $100k, plus royalties, plus an extra tax on properties, a breathing tax, hell, why not throw in a special levy for attending AFL on aboriginal grounds.

People like you will never move forward because as another poster already mentioned, your type don’t want equal opportunity, you want equal result regardless of effort.
Guess what, it’ll never happen.

You are one sad individual that clearly wants to tear everything down and see everyone miserable, possibly to compensate for your own failures in life.