Match Thread Saints v Demons @ MCG

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mordi
Club Player

Re: Match Thread Saints v Demons @ MCG

Watching the replay now. Billy's 3rd quarter performance superb. Huge impact on the win.

What's the Point of it All?
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I thought Gilbert was back to his best and probably our best player until 3 quarter time. Schneider is extremely important too, he is usually the link who gets the delivery into the forward line that sets up Rooey and Bruce. Bruce's goal and several of the marks our forwards took were from him getting a pressured kick away and having the nous to put it in toto the right spot. The silly hysteria about the older players is very short sighted. We are obviously getting the right balance ATM yet the armchair experts who mostly seem to be devastated about us winning games know better than a selection panel who have some runs on the board to back their credibility.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:Watching the replay now. Billy's 3rd quarter performance superb. Huge impact on the win.

I don't get why he's so unpopular. He's extremely laid back and laconic off field but gets white line fever once he hits the track. I think he's shown a heap more promise as a ruck man than Mc Evoy ever did but because someone said he would be a future captain people forgave his lack of output. Billy is going better than I expected. I love the big Hickey but Billy is not giving up his spot easily.