Board Challenge

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Re: Board Challenge

jaxons wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:20pm
ROLS-LEE wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:03pm
jaxons wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 10:39pm My sources keep telling me the guy mentioned throughout this post has some heavy hitting Saints people support and he has many on the board now fearing for their football future.
I am told he comes with cash, business smarts and many football people's support.
As I said yesterday, change is now required and forced upon us one way or another, something has to give soon.
Cash and business smarts are good, but we also need a voice. We need someone that does our media and gets on the front foot selling our propaganda. We need someone that will keep the AFL accountable.
Noice of affirmation. Pfft. We are being f'n reamed. Say it how it is. Clarko would. Are we too scared to bite the hand that feeds us?
If you follow the likely people involved in this they are incredibly strong players in the media space, in fact they feed many of the footy fraternity.
The current crop of journos apparently know what is going on behind the scenes, but have been told not to name names for a while.
They wouldn't dare breach given the clout involved.
I for one am praying these people get involved, otherwise future is very bleak right now.
As long as they have the best interest for the saints and us supporters.
I love going to the footy. Got my wife and now kids envolved. I did not go to the game on Sat note and I'm losing my love for the game.
It just erks me that the Geelongs Sydneys Hawks can stay up for so long. Win flags and be relevant.
As a club we always seem to make the wrong decisions.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 5:21pm
Gotta love the internet. Well I hope your wishes for a bloodletting of the club are denied until such time as a proper argument can be presented for justification of a bloodletting.

I reckon any attempt at a coup would more than likely be met with the same ridicule and slap-down as that shown towards that delusional group of disgruntled gents who embarrassingly attempted to overthrow the Richmond board in 2016. They also thought they were rich and powerful and could get the club more wins with thier money and power. History proved they were very wrong.
That group had ulterior motives imho

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Keep up the good work Jaxs

“Yeah….nah””
Crossy66
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 9:51pm
Gotta love the internet. Well I hope your wishes for a bloodletting of the club are denied until such time as a proper argument can be presented for justification of a bloodletting.

I reckon any attempt at a coup would more than likely be met with the same ridicule and slap-down as that shown towards that delusional group of disgruntled gents who embarrassingly attempted to overthrow the Richmond board in 2016. They also thought they were rich and powerful and could get the club more wins with thier money and power. History proved they were very wrong.
Spot on. Also not so bright. Peggy and particularly Benny Gale played them on a break. Their main idea to win over the fans was to hire Neale Balme, so Gale goes and gets Neale - Game set match, they had nothing else. Claims that the club was mismanaged went out the Window with 90k membership.
We should resist the temptation for major upheaval, not to say nothing should change, but a major coup is usually not the answer

jaxons
Club Player

Crossy66 wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 12:19am

Spot on. Also not so bright. Peggy and particularly Benny Gale played them on a break. Their main idea to win over the fans was to hire Neale Balme, so Gale goes and gets Neale - Game set match, they had nothing else. Claims that the club was mismanaged went out the Window with 90k membership.
We should resist the temptation for major upheaval, not to say nothing should change, but a major coup is usually not the answer
I think what you'll find is they will do this with co-operation of the board.
3-5 current Board members will step down and be replaced by some of the new group.
The new group will then be in a strong position with continuity of IP however with a fresh set of eyes to examine the current setup and change what needs to be changed, but swiftly and brutally where necessary.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Seriously though. If we look at the Tigers. They are also on top in the VFL this season after losing the GF by 4 points last season.

Caracella
Leppitsch
[Balme]
Rutten
McRae
X-Man

They are choc-a-bloc with a diverse array of coaching talent.

Put us to shame.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

3 month notice pay out in Richo’s contract?

Noice.

Bye bye Richo

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 12:53am

3-5 current Board members will step down and be replaced by some of the new group.
The new group will then be in a strong position with continuity of IP however with a fresh set of eyes to examine the current setup and change what needs to be changed, but swiftly and brutally where necessary.
Various positional changes that meet identified needs, sounds like a measured and professional approach. Emotive ramblings that pressure the club into sackings and the wholesale abolition and reset on all systems has to be resisted. That is the old and outdated way amateur football clubs are run and is certainly not how professional organisations are improved.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Head in sand garbage

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 12:53am

If the current board a half smart they’ll know this is the ONLY way out of the Richardson mess
The new board would have no ties - it’s a new day, decision that’s justifiable
Has to occur
Summers, Finnis, too long a standing Board members on a juncket, Richo, Trout, Secton, Assistants, Development all gone

“Yeah….nah””
chico2001
Club Player

Something major will have to happen at the end of this year. As Teflon has suggested, most of that lot should go. They have not been successful. Some board members need to go as well for allowing this to happen. It should be done ruthlessly and no prisoners to be taken. A message has to be sent out to all members, supporters and other clubs that the saints will rise from the ashes in due course led by efficient management and topline coaching staff. Need some talent on the field but that will come. This year and 2019 onfield are gone.