Sydney Stack ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Templar
Club Player

Re: Sydney Stack ?

B.M wrote: Mon 16 Jan 2023 8:23pm Stengle had to ply his trade in the SANFL before he got picked up

Let’s see how hungry Stack is by how he performs in the WAFL
So if he blitzes in the wafl, which I think he undoubtedly will, do we then need to finish near bottom to get him in next year's draft?

Or offer him a modest or entry level one or two year contract now and get a player onto the list who will be desperate to prove his value, who can run, has eyes and time, and who can pass the ball exceptionally well. Or do we have enough of those types?

The collective groan will be audible if some other club picks him up. Or has the time passed?

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Templar wrote: Tue 17 Jan 2023 10:19am
B.M wrote: Mon 16 Jan 2023 8:23pm Stengle had to ply his trade in the SANFL before he got picked up

Let’s see how hungry Stack is by how he performs in the WAFL
So if he blitzes in the wafl, which I think he undoubtedly will, do we then need to finish near bottom to get him in next year's draft?

Or offer him a modest or entry level one or two year contract now and get a player onto the list who will be desperate to prove his value, who can run, has eyes and time, and who can pass the ball exceptionally well. Or do we have enough of those types?

The collective groan will be audible if some other club picks him up. Or has the time passed?
If he's available and we have a spot we'd be made not to still pick him up. Still worth the risk.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

No

Leave a spot open on the list for the mid season draft

If by chance he plays well, presents well and has no further indiscretions

Then consider him

After
Due diligence

Fitness test, medical and interview