Nathan Freeman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nathan Freeman

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
St Chris wrote:"Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has warned rival club St Kilda that Nathan Freeman's "problems" will follow him to the Saints if they trade for the former No.10 draft pick."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3nAwxonW1

Thanks Bucks, you've just reduced your club's bargaining power to pretty much zero. Nice doing business with you....
Fair enough. We should take him for free
Spot on BM. Buckley has also tried to damage the young man's reputation. This seems childish at best. It's almost like the bitter divorcee who has a parting shot at the ex and continues to tell whoever will listen, that it was all the other party's fault. Nice. Maybe we can offer Buck's an assistant coach's position for 2017. I doubt he'll last beyond next year if the filth, as predicted, again miss the finals. Not even fathead Ed will be able to save him. Then Buck's will be able to take his "problems" with him to whoever will take him.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:"Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has warned rival club St Kilda that Nathan Freeman's "problems" will follow him to the Saints if they trade for the former No.10 draft pick."
Pity that wasn't Jimmy Hird talking about Andrew Lovett all those years ago :|

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

So that pretty much means a 3rd round pick should do the job. Thanks Bucks

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

What a tosser. Comes across as sour grapes. He must have forgotten that he walked out on Brisbane after 1 year. How about saying all the best and we hope you find happiness at another club?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Yes but the full interview hinted @ the big picture especially for a top ten pick
frustrating that after two years they havent been able to get him on the paddock - with all their facilities at his disposal
is he pointing out an attitude commitment problem
a few other younger pies players have had "trouble" in recent times

If he becomes a 200 gamer then its all good

Seeya
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:Some interesting tweets by Paige Cardona on Freeman leaving Collingwood:

"The people judging & questioning Nathan Freeman's character. I wish you knew the whole story, I really bloody wish you did. Then youd get it"
"If the club hadn't of royally mismanaged his injuries, its likely we wouldn't be in this mess. Direct your anger at the club, not the player"
"Gutted & heartbroken as a Collingwood supporter. But supportive & understanding as your friend @nathfreeman9. Wishing you success #FromDay1"
This shows the class difference between Buckley and Freeman. One publicly bags a kid. The other respectfully stays silent and doesn't bag the club.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I just wasted my time and had a look ...some of her other pearls
Paige Cardona ‏@paigecardona Sep 28
Ok, bed time. I'm off to dream about Nat Fyfe showing me his.. err.. Brownlow.

Paige Cardona ‏@paigecardona Sep 28
Bruce is flirting with Fyfe the way I could only wish to.

Seeya
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Thanks Bucks, you've just reduced your club's bargaining power to pretty much zero. Nice doing business with you....
They should pay us to take him.

Give us Taylor Adams.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Rosco
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

They should pay us to take him.

Give us Taylor Adams.
no d***heads.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

it tells me their bleeding to lose - im ok with that
I have heard Buckley AND Harvey have their 'favourites' at the Pies and it has caused some angst with the younger players...

“Yeah….nah””
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

I cant believe the carry on because a kid walks out on Collingwood. They as a club have an ignorance and arrgance beyond belief. What is it with the VIC based footballing media is there not one independant thinker amongst them?

The poor kid you would think he has comitted an act of treason against his country! When all he has done is changed employer half thru an apprenticeship - because his previous employer hadn't treated him that well. Happens all the time get over it ...

Welcome to the Saints Nathan will love having you aboard!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Hate to say it but Collingwood have a good midfield.
Pendlebury, Swan, Treloar, Adams, Varcoe, Crisp, Greenwood.
Not a bad rebuild for a side that played off in a GF in 2011. Thats a 5 year re-build.
Only Swan is old in that group,

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Hence the difficulty getting in.

Only the insiders at the club know what the clique is....

This kid should walk and we should pick him up for nuddin.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
saintjake wrote:Just watched his video for his draft year before he was drafted.. Can't say I see what all the excitement is about.
Looks like he is quick, but with average disposal. Steven gets smashed on here for his disposal.. Freeman looks very similar.
Is the excitement just because a top 10 pick has nominated us?

Wouldn't even want to give a second rounder for him to be brutally honest.
As I said, looks to have average skill. His draw card is his pace but he hasn't played a game yet because he has dodgy hammys. No good being quick if your body can't keep up!!
How dare you point out the relevant facts. I too, was somewhat underwhelmed by his highlights package. His disposal looks less than elite, which is what we desperately need. If that is the highlights reel, I wonder what the "Clanger" reel looks like. There is a place for someone with leg speed and the ability to break lines, but let's not give the filth a leg up by paying too much. If he's such a gun, surely the filth would also offer him three years. Maybe they believe he is a risky proposition. Proceed with caution!
We really don't need another player that can't kick, do we?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:Hate to say it but Collingwood have a good midfield.
Pendlebury, Swan, Treloar, Adams, Varcoe, Crisp, Greenwood.
Not a bad rebuild for a side that played off in a GF in 2011. Thats a 5 year re-build.
Only Swan is old in that group,
Only Pendles & Treloar are A Graders.

Adams is average & can't hit the side of a barn. Varcoe is flashy but inconsistent, Crisp has been good but is still a kid & Greenwood has had one good season in his career.

They do have a few kids including Scharenberg that look good but currently have potential & nothing more.

The Filth have done well from getting 1st round picks in at the expense of their previous stars like Thomas, Shaw, Beams, etc. The kids they got at those picks are still unknown to a large extent.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Adams is average & can't hit the side of a barn.
If we had a midfielder who averaged 27.4 disposals (11.7 contested), 5.4 clearances, 5 tackles and a goal assist per game at 21 years of age this forum would anoint him the next Lenny. His kicking isn't great but it's no worse than Steven, Weller, Ross, Acres, Geary, Gilbert, Ray, Dunstan, Wright, Shenton and a few others who played senior footy for us this year.

Collingwood are building a midfield that will be one of the top few in the competition for quite a while. Here's hoping they can't land any decent talls other than Moore.