Hurley!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hurley!!!!!

Swingmen is actually very 70's

The Recruit
Club Player

No reason we can't get Hurley and Prestia
Future 1st round for Prestia. Longer and 1st round this year for Hurley..(preferably nothing for him though).all in move but I reckon we would be very good in 2017-18

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:No reason we can't get Hurley and Prestia
Future 1st round for Prestia. Longer and 1st round this year for Hurley..(preferably nothing for him though).all in move but I reckon we would be very good in 2017-18
No reason?
Hurley is contracted for starters.

And if you think those picks you suggest would get it done you are just dreaming. Both those players would require a top 5 pick. We wont have a top 5 pick.

Simple.

People need to stop talking s***.

footynut
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
No reason?

And if you think those picks you suggest would get it done you are just dreaming. Both those players would require a top 5 pick. We wont have a top 5 pick.

Simple.

Hurley has the ability to break his contract, so if he wants to come we should insist that's best for him and the club.

Longer could have some currency... More than when we got him so late 1st rounder. Which I think we could bundle with our 3rd and/or a player. He is out of contract.

We must keep our 1st pick or we will do a Ross Lyon and self our future for our present.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

footynut wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
No reason?

Simple.

Hurley has the ability to break his contract, so if he wants to come we should insist that's best for him and the club.

Longer could have some currency... More than when we got him so late 1st rounder. Which I think we could bundle with our 3rd and/or a player. He is out of contract.

We must keep our 1st pick or we will do a Ross Lyon and self our future for our present.

Longer definitely has currency. I agree there. Probably a pick 25-35.

damienc
Club Player

Hurley, Hurley, Hurley

Ok.

This is an appropriate place to test the buoyancy of the odd bit of rumour or wishful thinking.

Although , what I am about to suggest might be slightly stronger than a rumour.

A friend was at a supporters lunch last week and our coach was one among a number of guest speakers.

And Richo mentioned the name Michael Hurley three times in his speech.

Now before you you go wanting to assassinate this particular messenger, I would say this;

Hurley is yet to recommit to the Bombers. If the door is open for him then we would be mad not to make a play to try and get him.

The guy is all class and can play forward or back. And he is a mad St Kilda supporter, which is a small bonus in my view.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hurley, Hurley, Hurley

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

This thread is three times better.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
stonecold
SS Life Member

Richmond out of the frame, Micheal deciding between, Ess, us and believe or or not Sydney!!!!!

We're a big chance though, as I've stated for a while now!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

This belongs in the other Hurley thread.
Anyway, Mr Positive talking about Hurley might just mean the club is interested in that type of player.
They might get a mature aged recruit of that type from SANFL or WAFL, or if there's one at the Swans that can't get a game, like Membrey.
Bombers bent us over with Lovett-Murray, and Jake, so I hope they steer clear of the injectors.
Once bitten (twice, actually)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote:Ok.

This is an appropriate place to test the buoyancy of the odd bit of rumour or wishful thinking.

Although , what I am about to suggest might be slightly stronger than a rumour.

A friend was at a supporters lunch last week and our coach was one among a number of guest speakers.

And Richo mentioned the name Michael Hurley three times in his speech.

Now before you you go wanting to assassinate this particular messenger, I would say this;

Hurley is yet to recommit to the Bombers. If the door is open for him then we would be mad not to make a play to try and get him.

The guy is all class and can play forward or back. And he is a mad St Kilda supporter, which is a small bonus in my view.
You mean was.
Sydney have Aliir Aliir who can play forward or back. They don't need Hurley

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I still think he is odds on to stay put at the cheats.

Swans have Aliir Aliir and Michael Talia but history tells us to never discount the Swans when it comes to recruiting.

Would he come as a FA? What compo would the cheats get? Could thy potentially end up with pick 1 and 2?

silverhalo
Club Player

I don't want Hurley!! Overrated and would be hugely overpriced.......

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Don't ever deal with Bombers.
Greedy, nasty and dishonest.
See how we got Roberton and Membrey from Dockers and Swans respectively,
they were (I think) easy and uncomplicated.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
stonecold
SS Life Member

So according to Damien Barrett, Hurl's has gone from signing with Essendon to now only 50/50, 6 clubs in the mix, one of which is Us, Interesting!!!!!

Sometimes take these so-called experts a while to catch on hey!!!!!

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:So according to Damien Barrett, Hurl's has gone from signing with Essendon to now only 50/50, 6 clubs in the mix, one of which is Us, Interesting!!!!!

Stonecold lets say he does chose to come to us - what are we going to have to give up to get him? Essendon would want 1st round plus, given there history they would turn it into another fiasco.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

injectus interruptus

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I've been told that Essendon are using the Compensation Insurance as a 'lever' to get the 12 players to sign.
Apparently each player can get more/less compensation depending on how many 'injections' they received.

Hurley's management know he can get as much (if not more) outside Essendon as rival clubs 'throw money' at him to secure him.
So the reason he hasn't signed could possibly be the amount he's been offered in compensation?

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I've been told that Essendon are using the Compensation Insurance as a 'lever' to get the 12 players to sign.
Apparently each player can get more/less compensation depending on how many 'injections' they received.

Hurley's management know he can get as much (if not more) outside Essendon as rival clubs 'throw money' at him to secure him.
So the reason he hasn't signed could possibly be the amount he's been offered in compensation?
How can compensation be used as an inducement here ---- wouldn't players be able to sue regardless of whether they decide to stay or move on?
Wouldn't/shouldn't compensation be a separate matter?

I mean a player by moving on - demonstrates (in and of itself) that they have been wronged - and they are due for more compensation (than a player who forgives and stays on).
Last edited by samoht on Thu 14 Jul 2016 6:34pm, edited 2 times in total.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Impatient Sainter wrote:
stonecold wrote:So according to Damien Barrett, Hurl's has gone from signing with Essendon to now only 50/50, 6 clubs in the mix, one of which is Us, Interesting!!!!!

Stonecold lets say he does chose to come to us - what are we going to have to give up to get him? Essendon would want 1st round plus, given there history they would turn it into another fiasco.
What if I said to you that Essendon might not have a leg to stand on and the players could walk without Essendon receiving anything?????

Just saying!!!!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:

What if I said to you that Essendon might not have a leg to stand on and the players could walk without Essendon receiving anything?????

Just saying!!!!!
Most people seem to think that is the case.

Most people seem to think that won't happen.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I've been told that Essendon are using the Compensation Insurance as a 'lever' to get the 12 players to sign.

How can compensation be used as an inducement here ---- wouldn't players be able to sue regardless of whether they decide to stay or move on?
Wouldn't compensation be a separate matter?
Under normal circumstances I would agree with you.
BUT here we have vested interests (not least the the AFL) trying to make sure that this doesn't end up in court (players suing EFC/AFL) and that the 'insurance' kicks in to cover any compensation.
I have heard that players are being offered differing amounts depending on how many injections they received and that the Club (EFC) is telling the players what they can 'get (compensation) for them. Obviously the Club (EFC) will 'work harder' on maximising the compensation for those players who recommit.
From what I've heard most players are 'ropeable' with the Club because they either cannot or will not tell them what was injected. They were all apparently given a list of what the substances were supposed to be but nobody at EFC can/will guarantee that the substances on the list were what was actually injected.

Maybe it would be interesting to hear what Carlisle/Melksham/Ryder/Crameri et al are being told about their 'compensation'?

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Interesting, Mr Magic. I suspect empty, bombastic rhetoric by the blathering, babbling bombers. This calls for joint action and a court ruling - it's not for Essendon and vested interests to decide.

adjective: bombastic

high-sounding but with little meaning; inflated.
"bombastic rhetoric"
synonyms: pompous, blustering, ranting, blathering

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:

Just saying!!!!!
In a just world that would be the right outcome. But the AFL is far from just and equitable. If Hurley walks from the Bummers for nowt, I'll be very very very surprised. Reckon there would be lots of internal AFL forces at work to stop that happening. Jaysus they don't even have the spine to take Little TImmy's brownlow that he no longer should have. Hurley walking for nothing.....tell 'em they're dreaming.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:

Just saying!!!!!
Valid statement.