big news on and off field in next 72 hours

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: big news on and off field in next 72 hours

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:A full review.... Where people are either bought in, or people do it as opposed to their operational job description.....
I'd prefer Pelchin stick to his area..... Not sure what his coaching expertise is?

Possibly

Each dept. should continually review their own area, to find continual improvemt
This is the most laughable description of an organisational review I have ever heard.

My god, talk about clueless and ignorant.

Every business minded organisation reviews their performance, structure and personnel based on their 3-5 year strategic direction.

Every successful business and organisation reviews and restructures constantly. You do not wait to thing to be bad, you definately do not have individual deptartments conduct organisational reviews, unless of course you want disconected fiefdoms and islands of information.

Goodness me, when I read this ignorant claptrap from people with no obvious business related experience I shake my head and marvel at their arrogance and I must say foolishness.

Really it is quite embarrassing for them, especially when I know many people who post here who are professionals and either work in upper management of business or own their own businesses.

Just dont argue thing you have zero competency in :roll:
I had a chuckle at this one too. Ignorant only part describes her.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:its been 72 hours......... just saying..
Lynch mob anyone??
Not quite.

Mr Fine's 72 hours to DOOM finishes at 7.00pm today !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

The Craw
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:A full review.... Where people are either bought in, or people do it as opposed to their operational job description.....
I'd prefer Pelchin stick to his area..... Not sure what his coaching expertise is?

Possibly

Each dept. should continually review their own area, to find continual improvemt
This is the most laughable description of an organisational review I have ever heard.

My god, talk about clueless and ignorant.

Every business minded organisation reviews their performance, structure and personnel based on their 3-5 year strategic direction.

Every successful business and organisation reviews and restructures constantly. You do not wait to thing to be bad, you definately do not have individual deptartments conduct organisational reviews, unless of course you want disconected fiefdoms and islands of information.

Goodness me, when I read this ignorant claptrap from people with no obvious business related experience I shake my head and marvel at their arrogance and I must say foolishness.

Really it is quite embarrassing for them, especially when I know many people who post here who are professionals and either work in upper management of business or own their own businesses.

Just dont argue thing you have zero competency in :roll:
IIRC Geelong went through such a review at the end of 2006. Club was in supposed turmoil. Fishlips kept his job .... just ..... went on to the ultimate sucess 2007.

Now I am not saying that this is what will be acheived at St Kilda but its not an unsual situation.

Not Craw, CRAW!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
saintly wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I love Finey :)

Ah yes Finey he has been banging on again about the saints and the mess we are in.,

No CEO
Noone likes Watters
its all Watters fault
assistant coaches leaving (only one so far, Jamie)
fitness guy left
Watters not being offered 1 year extension.

now I don't know if any of this is true about Watters. but if you support the saints as Finey says he does then he should not keep going on, and on, and on andon about the same thing. Support what the club is trying do, not keep on damaging it as he is doing via the media
And at the same time "I have nothing against Scott Watters, and would hate a family man to loose his job"

and would not elaborate on anything else but we are a mess. Also said he said all this 5 weeks ago, was it that long , thought it was only a couple. He was strange last night.
i forgot to add that bit. and then there were a couple of callers who are so called supporters.
everytime I turned on SEN last night to see if he was going to talk about another, nup its was only about how bad the saints off field is.

why is it that no media talks about off field of Collingwood, the dumping of players at Geelong. other clubs doing reviews. All clubs undertake reviews. why does ours cause angst by Fine. Besides ratings, does he have an ulterior motive? fiends at the saints that may be on the chopping block? other reasons?

I have no clue where he gets his info, but who ever it is should shut up, and let the board undertake its review. We all know that we are in the rebuild/transition faze, that's life. that's what previous recruiters left us.

Yes its going to be hard watching the saints next year. but the saints are doing the right thing, gaining draft picks moving on players etc.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

How many times have Geelong gone through a full scale review... Why did they do that famous review? What determines the scale of an organisation review

Difference between performance and development and strategic planning to conducting a full review of leadership

You knew that though Professor Fels?

When was our last review Joffa? Do you know that? Why reported 2013' not 2012 if its an annual thing... Did Andrew Thompson do that last year....
If they are three yearly reviews why 2013, were we set for review?
You sound like you know the answers, really you don't and your talking from

You don't really know my background, level of success/failure or training.... You're just defending the club, really

Been through and conducted numerous defense force and education reviews... Which are both planned reviews and underperformance reviews

In general terms you would expect SW full review (as opposed to continual) to be in his last year of his contract

I employ around 100 people Joffa
Do an annual review on all of them.... Generally a tick box
Leadership reviewed 4 yearly
Organisation diagnostic review if required

The famous Geelong review was diagnostic.... It tested every section of the club in detail?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:How many times have Geelong gone through a full scale review... Why did they do that famous review? What determines the scale of an organisation review

Difference between performance and development and strategic planning to conducting a full review of leadership

When was our last review Joffa? Do you know that? Why reported 2013' not 2012 if its an annual thing... Did Andrew Thompson do that last year....

You don't really know my background, level of success/failure or training.... You're just defending the club, really

Been through and conducted numerous defense force and education reviews... Which are both planned reviews and underperformance reviews

In general terms you would expect SW full review (as opposed to continual) to be in his last year of his contract

The famous Geelong review was diagnostic.... It tested every section of the club in detail?
lol you are a school teacher and now you employ a hundred people - lol hilarious.

Mate I would put my professional expertise and knowledge of a membership organisation over yours anytime.

Really dont prattle on with something you just googled on the internet, there are many real people in business who have seen through you incredible level of ignorance on this subject.

Give it a rest, you are really embarrassing yourself on this issue, mate you have less than no idea

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:How many times have Geelong gone through a full scale review... Why did they do that famous review? What determines the scale of an organisation review

Your a school teacher. You dont employ anyone. Please dont lie to try to prove a point. I have read most of your crap today and its very funny. Its better to just not mention things you have little knowledge in because people who do have knowledge will find you out.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

If you've been involved in defence and education, you're a bureaucrat, you don't employ anyone. And based on your ranting on here, if you're responsible for performance reviews of 100 people, as a taxpayer I would like my money back please.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Having 100 direct reports says it all

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

maverick wrote:Having 100 direct reports says it all
Doesn't it though.

Any organisation that allows that can only exist on taxpayer funds or closing it's doors in the near future........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-13/dun ... their-mark

So no ones jumping up and down about Lions dissaray or Hawks losing board members and staff?
But heaven forbid the Saints ask tough questions of the football department

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:http://m.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-13/dun ... their-mark

So no ones jumping up and down about Lions dissaray or Hawks losing board members and staff?
But heaven forbid the Saints ask tough questions of the football department

Hawks won the flag dso they are hardly going to get bad reports in the paper. Brisbane has been mentioned many times on the radio even though its a club out of this state.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Whats the big news?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Finey is a nitwit.
Anyone except those who had complete blind-folds on knew the Saints were driving directly towards a crumbling cliff after 2010.

We had almost zero under 25 talent. The lowest in the comp by a long way. There was a big empty vacuum just behind us.

At that stage - Just as the two front wheels of the Saints bus were about to reach the edge of the cliff - we thrust Watters into the drivers seat.

The Board also knows whats coming - so they hire Crash Repair & Bus re-build engineer Chris Pelchen.

Thrust into the drivers seat of a bus with two wheels already hurtling over the edge of the cliff - and the cliff foundations giving way - Watters then does the natural thing and tries to slam on the breaks (back wheel breaks ) and slows the bus momentum down a little so that there is a bit of time between the front wheels going over and the back wheels (2012). Some passengers aboard the bus hadnt noticed that in fact the bus was already half in mid air and were looking backwards to see that a few inches of back tyre were still touching some form of crumbling earth so heck- to them it all looked ok and we were just driving along a regular road. No cliff in sight!

When the unavoidable came and the bus completely drove off the cliff and crashed to the ground - some in the bus had taken the precaution of putting on a seatbelt. Some hadnt.

Now we are at the bottom of the cliff some people notice that the guy in the drivers seat when the bus hit the bottom must be to blame - hey hes in the drives seat - must be his fault. Others noticed the first on the scene was the crash repair and rebuild engineer - heck he must have some dodgy kick back deal with the towing company - so lets blame him too.
:wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Finey is a nitwit.
Anyone except those who had complete blind-folds on knew the Saints were driving directly towards a crumbling cliff after 2010.

We had almost zero under 25 talent. The lowest in the comp by a long way. There was a big empty vacuum just behind us.

At that stage - Just as the two front wheels of the Saints bus were about to reach the edge of the cliff - we thrust Watters into the drivers seat.

The Board also knows whats coming - so they hire Crash Repair & Bus re-build engineer Chris Pelchen.

Thrust into the drivers seat of a bus with two wheels already hurtling over the edge of the cliff - and the cliff foundations giving way - Watters then does the natural thing and tries to slam on the breaks (back wheel breaks ) and slows the bus momentum down a little so that there is a bit of time between the front wheels going over and the back wheels (2012). Some passengers aboard the bus hadnt noticed that in fact the bus was already half in mid air and were looking backwards to see that a few inches of back tyre were still touching some form of crumbling earth so heck- to them it all looked ok and we were just driving along a regular road. No cliff in sight!

When the unavoidable came and the bus completely drove off the cliff and crashed to the ground - some in the bus had taken the precaution of putting on a seatbelt. Some hadnt.

Now we are at the bottom of the cliff some people notice that the guy in the drivers seat when the bus hit the bottom must be to blame - hey hes in the drives seat - must be his fault. Others noticed the first on the scene was the crash repair and rebuild engineer - heck he must have some dodgy kick back deal with the towing company - so lets blame him too.
:)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Just over two hours to go.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
sainterinsydney
Club Player

I know this sounds like a crazy rumour, but there are people saying there could be a deal where Roo and Joey go to GWS for Pick 1 and Bruce. I would do that in a heartbeat, but I highly doubt we are ballsy to do a trade like that.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:I know this sounds like a crazy rumour, but there are people saying there could be a deal where Roo and Joey go to GWS for Pick 1 and Bruce. I would do that in a heartbeat, but I highly doubt we are ballsy to do a trade like that.
Hopefully that's just a rumour because that would be just madness, something Melbourne would do

I love this club
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:I know this sounds like a crazy rumour, but there are people saying there could be a deal where Roo and Joey go to GWS for Pick 1 and Bruce. I would do that in a heartbeat, but I highly doubt we are ballsy to do a trade like that.

and given that the Club- Pelchen has said never going anywhere... and not near enough return.....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Very long 72 hours

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The rumour I heard was Pelchen was given the role to oversee Ross Lyon because there was a genuine concern for the way the list was being managed. Freo have safeguards in place where Ross is removed from an autocratic role in the football department. We let him go because we were seen as gunning for a flag. we spent everything chasing the prize.

I think the way we are structured now will take an adjustment from a largely unprofessional organisation into the modern business that football clubs have been forced to become.

25 years ago clubs like us were like a larger scale model of your local footy club. now we are being forced to chase the professional models teams like Collingwood are able to import from the world biggest sporting clubs. We have taken a bit longer to catch up because we are cash strapped and probably don't have the corporate citizens to help us out like the bigger clubs.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think you are spot on Gringo.
Everyone (except BM it seems) knew a train wreck was coming and Lyon had left a massive hollow in our list.
Lyon himself knew it.
Thats why the Board hired Pelchen.
Its so obvious i cant believe we are wasting time giving BM oxygen on this.
BM have you been in a coma the last 4 years ?
Im embarrassed for you you are only getting hysterical now.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

37 minutes to go ... So far:

- Watters given thumbs up

- McEvoy traded (and I predicted that in August)

- at a stretch our fitness guy off to the Pies
Hardly big news

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

All over - nothing on the news.

Still waiting Finey :roll:

Disgrace - you should be sacked

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
jimmy_slats wrote:its been 72 hours......... just saying..
Lynch mob anyone??
Not quite.

Mr Fine's 72 hours to DOOM finishes at 7.00pm today !!
7.03pm ...tick tick....no bombom :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.