Lyon and his vision of our 2023 game style.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lyon and his vision of our 2023 game style.

Teflon wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 11:25am
Vortex wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 8:58am
B.M wrote: Wed 11 Jan 2023 12:30pm Didn’t Ross Lyon state

He doesn’t coach precision

He coaches structure and ball movement

Players must give effort
Something like that, he doesn't coach skills, and never studies a list before accepting a coaching role. Suggests he didn't have a clue about any of the players, makes you wonder how his pitch to Bassett made any sense with regards to game style. How do you pitch a game style at a presentation if you haven't studied player capabilities?
Yet you still think he was the right appointment?
Gobsmacked 😶
Probably time you moved on from asking your stupid question: all us "True Believers" think Ross can coach, and or have accepted there is a new coach, we are now moving into the phase where we comment on how the coach and how he's going about it, some of that comment might feel like a critique, for fanboys like you that might be offensive because of you blind love but try not to take it personally, Ross is just another St Kilda coach waiting to be sacked. Try and enjoy the journey and accept not everyone has butterflies in their stomach.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 11:35am

Players must give effort
Something like that, he doesn't coach skills, and never studies a list before accepting a coaching role. Suggests he didn't have a clue about any of the players, makes you wonder how his pitch to Bassett made any sense with regards to game style. How do you pitch a game style at a presentation if you haven't studied player capabilities?
Gobsmacked 😶
Probably time you moved on from asking your stupid question: all us "True Believers" think Ross can coach, and or have accepted there is a new coach, we are now moving into the phase where we comment on how the coach and how he's going about it, some of that comment might feel like a critique, for fanboys like you that might be offensive because of you blind love but try not to take it personally, Ross is just another St Kilda coach waiting to be sacked. Try and enjoy the journey and accept not everyone has butterflies in their stomach.
:wink: 8-)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Players must give effort
Gobsmacked 😶
Touchy?
So you’re saying you DO want Ross coaching us that’s all I’m asking? It’s a simple question for a simple troll-like mind like you have …

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 12:56pm

Players must give effort
Gobsmacked 😶
:wink: 8-)
Speaking of fanboys…

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 1:07pm

Players must give effort
Gobsmacked 😶
Touchy?
So you’re saying you DO want Ross coaching us that’s all I’m asking? It’s a simple question for a simple troll-like mind like you have …
I have answered your question that many times, see this is the problem when you go viral on the fan forums asking the same question in a scattergun approach, you forget who you have harassed. Has the autographed photo of Rossy turned up yet? I'm trying to get you one from Coopsy also.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 1:40pm
Teflon wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 1:07pm

Players must give effort
Gobsmacked 😶
Touchy?
I have answered your question that many times, see this is the problem when you go viral on the fan forums asking the same question in a scattergun approach, you forget who you have harassed. Has the autographed photo of Rossy turned up yet? I'm trying to get you one from Coopsy also.
I know , I know ….I’m sorry
It just feels good hearing it come from you through grated teeth ..
You love Ross too…(whisper it I won’t tell) 😉

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Teflon, Vortex. Gotta say your ongoing tit for tat sniping across multiple threads is wearing really thin. You guys might find it entertaining but it’s not adding any value to the forum. A bit of banter - okay. But ongoing tit for tat sniping across multiple threads is a pain in the butt.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 13 Jan 2023 8:48am Teflon, Vortex. Gotta say your ongoing tit for tat sniping across multiple threads is wearing really thin. You guys might find it entertaining but it’s not adding any value to the forum. A bit of banter - okay. But ongoing tit for tat sniping across multiple threads is a pain in the butt.
Ok thx Byron
In fairness I think you may have also left a few out of that…
I will desist from engaging Vortex….but that ought to go across the board …

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Not fair … it was Vortex’s turn

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Fri 13 Jan 2023 2:50pm
st.byron wrote: Fri 13 Jan 2023 8:48am Teflon, Vortex. Gotta say your ongoing tit for tat sniping across multiple threads is wearing really thin. You guys might find it entertaining but it’s not adding any value to the forum. A bit of banter - okay. But ongoing tit for tat sniping across multiple threads is a pain in the butt.
Ok thx Byron
Thanks. I know that you guys aren’t the only ones tit for tatting. The whole forum is becoming way too combative for my liking. In many threads discussion is going beyond footy opinions and into personal insults, aspersions and belittling. I suspect the majority of posters would much rather leave all that out and just talk about the Saints without the insulting behaviour.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 14 Jan 2023 1:17pm
Ok thx Byron
Thanks. I know that you guys aren’t the only ones tit for tatting. The whole forum is becoming way too combative for my liking. In many threads discussion is going beyond footy opinions and into personal insults, aspersions and belittling. I suspect the majority of posters would much rather leave all that out and just talk about the Saints without the insulting behaviour.
Yep, I agree .

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Ok thx Byron
To be fair Teffers you and Vortex are the most consistent, it never ends. TBH I dont know where you both get the energy, how about for everyones sake you both call a truce!

happy feet
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 14 Jan 2023 1:40pm
Ok thx Byron
To be fair Teffers you and Vortex are the most consistent, it never ends. TBH I dont know where you both get the energy, how about for everyones sake you both call a truce!
I will put my hand up and admit guilt by having engaged with Vortex in some good old fashioned slanging matches, so it’s not just Teffers. I have decided not to engage with Vortex at all anymore. Best for all here that we ignore Vortex, who I am sure gets some gratification from the attention.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 14 Jan 2023 1:19pm
st.byron wrote: Sat 14 Jan 2023 1:17pm
Ok thx Byron
Yep, I agree .
Hear hear well said Saynta….

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Sun 15 Jan 2023 12:40pm
Ok thx Byron
I will put my hand up and admit guilt by having engaged with Vortex in some good old fashioned slanging matches, so it’s not just Teffers. I have decided not to engage with Vortex at all anymore. Best for all here that we ignore Vortex, who I am sure gets some gratification from the attention.
Yep I too am genuinely trying not to engage Vort or Saynta as that’s just pointless anyway and it ends up where we’ve been
Look I’m a culprit and I know that so am trying to desist and talk footy…
But geezus at times it’s hard going ….like that famous Godfather line…
“Just when I thought I was out…..they drag me back in…”

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 15 Jan 2023 3:20pm
Ok thx Byron
Yep I too am genuinely trying not to engage Vort or Saynta as that’s just pointless anyway and it ends up where we’ve been
You are the most invested person one could ever be in a coach and so it probably is best you don't engage with others who have opposing views just for your own health's sake...I genuinely mean that as one of your friends.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 17 Jan 2023 1:18pm
Ok thx Byron
You are the most invested person one could ever be in a coach and so it probably is best you don't engage with others who have opposing views just for your own health's sake...I genuinely mean that as one of your friends.
Troll alert
Not engaging *eyes closed as typing*

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 17 Jan 2023 2:23pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 17 Jan 2023 1:18pm
Ok thx Byron
Troll alert
Not engaging *eyes closed as typing*
That was a sincere compliment, believe it or not I admire your passion, how could I not.