Sam Fisher off field issues?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mickbag1959

Re: Sam Fisher off field issues?

ummm

so did we ever discover what Chips has allegedly done?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

mickbag1959 wrote:ummm

Caro suggested he and Dane Swan are on ice. He must be going nuts if he's an ice addict and he can't get on the gear.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

Caro suggested he and Dane Swan are on ice. He must be going nuts if he's an ice addict and he can't get on the gear.
Exactly, gringo. If anyone is on ice, 3 weeks of "cold turkey" will find them out quickly enough. There'll be no need to ask the question. It will be obvious.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
gringo wrote:

Exactly, gringo. If anyone is on ice, 3 weeks of "cold turkey" will find them out quickly enough. There'll be no need to ask the question. It will be obvious.

The occasional person can use ice without being addicted though even though many are.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

And your qualifications to make this assertion are?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:And your qualifications to make this assertion are?

Having a very good friend who is a heroin addict and uses ice. Is that ok with you? What are your qualifications?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Having a very good friend who is a heroin addict and uses ice. Is that ok with you? What are your qualifications?
Are you mates with chips too?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Are you mates with chips too?

This person is female. I dont think Sam is unless it is Samatha Fisher.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

BTW, gringo wrote, "if he's an ice addict". That was the perspective I was giving my opinion on. If you've ever seen anyone who is addicted to ice, and you know what you're looking for, it's obvious. The so-called allegations against Sam seem to indicate his behaviour has been affected adversely, significantly and visibly, if we can believe the rumours. The person who uses ice and doesn't become addicted is rare and is usually a very, very occasional user. The fact remains it is incredibly addictive and it's side effects devastating. I base my opinions on 30 years of observing, dealing with and treating drug addicted people in a professional capacity.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

[quote="plugger66"][quote="White Winmar"]And your qualifications to make this assertion are?[/quote]

Having a very good friend who is a heroin addict and uses ice. Is that ok with you? What are your qualifications?[/quote]
So you base your opinions on what one drug addicted person has told you. Perhaps you could solve the entire drug problem, given your vast knowledge and experience. As I mentioned, 30 years dealing with people unfortunate to be afflicted, both as a copper and detective and after retraining in psychology, as a therapist and clinician. I continue to work in the field and lecture on the subject to organisations in relation to detection, support and treatment in the workplace. Is that ok for you?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:BTW, gringo wrote, "if he's an ice addict". That was the perspective I was giving my opinion on. If you've ever seen anyone who is addicted to ice, and you know what you're looking for, it's obvious. The so-called allegations against Sam seem to indicate his behaviour has been affected adversely, significantly and visibly, if we can believe the rumours. The person who uses ice and doesn't become addicted is rare and is usually a very, very occasional user. The fact remains it is incredibly addictive and it's side effects devastating. I base my opinions on 30 years of observing, dealing with and treating drug addicted people in a professional capacity.

I know the effects and it is a very bad drug. Heroin is like light beer compared to straight whiskey of Ice. And if you read what I said then you will see I mentioned the occasional person doesnt get addicted but many do. i doubt anyone on here knows if Sam uses or is addicted. Ben Cousins said he used it a lot but was able to go long periods in footy season without using. That to me means he wasnt addicted but loved the effect it gave him. My observations about this are from one year of hell and watching a person addicted to heroin not being able to go more than 10 hours without using or she suffered terrible pain.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So you base your opinions on what one drug addicted person has told you. Perhaps you could solve the entire drug problem, given your vast knowledge and experience. As I mentioned, 30 years dealing with people unfortunate to be afflicted, both as a copper and detective and after retraining in psychology, as a therapist and clinician. I continue to work in the field and lecture on the subject to organisations in relation to detection, support and treatment in the workplace. Is that ok for you?

Fine. You sound like you get angry easily. Ever thought of getting treatment for that? And also read what I said in future and dont make up things. It will give you more credibility. Seen that you know so much can you point out what was actually incorrect with what I said? Should be easy for such a knowledgeable person.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Ever thought of getting treatment for your narcissistic, paranoid and delusional tendencies? I fail to see what is so angry about my response, nor what I've supposedly made up. I respondedto your question and found it totally predictable that you didn't like it, because it didn't suit your baseless position. Fact is, to use the language of today, "you just got owned" and like any empty vessel, you responded in your typical fashion. You dish up your standard responses to anyone who dismantles the drivel you write. These are the infantile reactions of a very immature mind. I'll bet you've never considered getting help because you lack self awareness. Your anger is regularly expressed in your retorts. Almost 29,000 posts tells me all I need to know. The vast majority of them being sarcastic, unnecessarily contrary, angry and fuelling the delusion you are an insider who is in the know. I am not expressing anger, it is an observation, but that doesn't suit your nonsensical assertions, either.

You must be a terribly lonely and bitter old man. That's certainly what your illiterate rumblings project. I will sign off with the following . I will not continue to argue with you, as you clearly are an idiot. Never argue with an idiot. They drag you into their type of fight and then beat you with their expertise in the area

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

What's this thread about again?

White Winmar wrote:Ever thought of getting treatment for your narcissistic, paranoid and delusional tendencies? I fail to see what is so angry about my response, nor what I've supposedly made up. I respondedto your question and found it totally predictable that you didn't like it, because it didn't suit your baseless position. Fact is, to use the language of today, "you just got owned" and like any empty vessel, you responded in your typical fashion. You dish up your standard responses to anyone who dismantles the drivel you write. These are the infantile reactions of a very immature mind. I'll bet you've never considered getting help because you lack self awareness. Your anger is regularly expressed in your retorts. Almost 29,000 posts tells me all I need to know. The vast majority of them being sarcastic, unnecessarily contrary, angry and fuelling the delusion you are an insider who is in the know. I am not expressing anger, it is an observation, but that doesn't suit your nonsensical assertions, either.

You must be a terribly lonely and bitter old man. That's certainly what your illiterate rumblings project. I will sign off with the following . I will not continue to argue with you, as you clearly are an idiot. Never argue with an idiot. They drag you into their type of fight and then beat you with their expertise in the area

Another very angry post. For a person who seem to claim how smart you are, you lack one thing and that is common sense. You can go to school all you like but in the real world I reckon you would really struggle. You have had a job where no one questioned you at all because people were scared of you. I can feel the anger as you read this. I am very good at reading these things.

Your reading of me couldnt be further from the truth. I have many friends and are involved in one footy club where I am a life member. Not bitter about anything. Dont hate anyone. Waste of time hating. I reckon you have read my personality like you read my post on this topic. Very poorly indeed. The funny thing is what I said wasnt even a big statement. It was a true comment. You havent even had the guts to point out what was wrong with what I said.

You also claim that I have over 29000 posts which is true. You also say that you will not continue to argue with me because I am clearly the idiot. Who is really the idiot. Is it the person who reads 29000 posts before he realises the other person is an idiot.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 02 Dec 2012 4:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:All the illegality of drugs does is ensure a big revenue stream for organised crime. Kids will still be kids and take risks, experiment and fall prey to peer group pressure, that's life.
If the drugs were decriminalised it would lessen the burden on our legal system dramatically, take away massive funding for organised crime and permit harm minimisation strategies to be put in place.

From a philosophical point of view, it's my body, why shouldn't I be free to put into it whtever I wish? My body is my property surely.......

because when you f*** it up the rest of us have to pay to fix it.......making drugs freely available is an insanity no government will ever agree to...thankfully....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
stinger wrote:
Austinnn wrote:right, that must be dope that causes suicide then. Do me a favour. Yes many people who smoke pot regularly or in large quantities can experience serious problems, just like alcohol; doesn't mean the drug is bad, just education about appropriate dosage is insufficient, caused by people who've seen worst case scenarios taking a zero tolerance approach. Here's a tip; you want less people to develop neurological or psychological disorders from drug use? Take a mature approach, and don't demonise the curious and sensible drug user.

I deliberately stopped drinking 21 years ago and lived a happy fulfilling and rich life ever since. I also smoked pot and did other stuff too, with no probs; not all users are hopeless addicts and we've been down the all drugs are bad route before, and this is where we ended up. Time for a new approach.

i didn't say dope caused youth suicides...i was indicating that it was a factor in most if not all of the cases i was involved with.......dope is a depressant...as is alcohol......mix them together in a person clinically depressed and you have a problem...or the young person does..a big black hole they find difficult to climb out of....you are just burying your head in the sand.....these drugs are illegal because they are harmful....full stop......taking them is illegal.....in most places....a few places have decriminalised pot...but you still cop an on the spot fine and can still be charged depending on the quantity.......i have seen drugs wreck whole families, destroy lives....more than i care to remember...one of the reasons i retired initially....i hope they will never be legally available...i make no apologies for stating this...and i don't give a fat rats if anybody disagrees with me...that's their choice....
Fair enough. No point in arguing with a person with a closed mind. Is alcohol illegal? Should it be? Should we criminalise anything which has been proven to cause loads of deaths or problems for families? Driving for example? Gambling? Following a religion? Are these things illegal?

I had a little chuckle when you said "Drugs are illegal because they are harmful full stop" just after you accused me of burying my head in the sand. But maybe you're right, maybe people shouldn't have any access to dangerous things, humans generally don't have the necessary self control. I'm glad to see at least one person arguing FOR a nanny state, most folk complain that their government is too controlling.

:wink: ...i'm not arguing for more government control...where did you get that from.....

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:because when you f*** it up the rest of us have to pay to fix it.......making drugs freely available is an insanity no government will ever agree to...thankfully....
People f*** up their kids and society has to pay for it. It's the price of living in civilisation.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:
Moods wrote:Plenty of sensible drug users around.
no such thing imhfo....
I've done plenty of drugs in my time and also run a company of reasonable size. That's obviously no guarantee of being sensible, but in my personal opinion doing drugs has affected me in my life about as much as drinking has, which is minimally. Working with a hangover every now and then seems to be something that most Aussies seem to deal with.

Of course, I'm lucky that I have physiological resilience to the addictive qualities of drugs. "Gambling" on the stock market has affected my life significantly more than consumption of any substances.

you have been lucky.......silly...but lucky all the same......i would never encourage or condone anybody engaging in criminal risky behaviour...but it's your life and i really only worry about family.....in other words ....i don't care what the bulk of society do or don't do..do i have a closed mind as one poster has suggested?...no....just 40 odd years experience in dealing with this issue in a number of capacities.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:because when you f*** it up the rest of us have to pay to fix it.......making drugs freely available is an insanity no government will ever agree to...thankfully....
People f*** up their kids and society has to pay for it. It's the price of living in civilisation.

yep...but we still try to do somrthing to prevent it.......me.??..i would prevent bogans from having kids in the first place. nothing to f*** up then...only themselves......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

...your answer is no justification for allowing drugs to be more freely available.........civilised societies are usually against such things....

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:you have been lucky.......silly...but lucky all the same......i would never encourage or condone anybody engaging in criminal risky behaviour...but it's your life and i really only worry about family.....in other words ....i don't care what the bulk of society do or don't do..do i have a closed mind as one poster has suggested?...no....just 40 odd years experience in dealing with this issue in a number of capacities.....
I may have been lucky, or you may have been exposed to a particular subset of the population in your job. I know plenty of others in similar positions to me - mostly they've done plenty of drugs and also been very successful in their professional life. I know of only maybe one who seriously damaged himself, and he was always a loose cannon.

Closed mind, maybe. But if you don't take new evidence into account when thinking about an issue then that's not a closed mind, that's just kinda dumb.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Perhaps people should read the scientific journals in which studies have shown a very strong correlation between teenage marijuana use and subsequent mental health issues, particularly schizophrenia. Smokers in the 1950s and 1960s didn't believe that cigarettes caused cancer. Even when the evidence presented itself, most didn't believe it and carried on smoking. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it isn't a serious social and health issue.

I'm with Stinger on this one. And of those people I knew in my youth who indulged in the weed, about half have gone on to develop mental health problems. So I when I put the scientific studies and what I've seen with my own eyes together, the conclusion, as Mr Spock used to say, is logical.

spot on mate...

and now back to chips...who hasn't been found guilty of anything afaik.....

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

White Winmar wrote:Ever thought of getting treatment for your narcissistic, paranoid and delusional tendencies? I fail to see what is so angry about my response, nor what I've supposedly made up. I respondedto your question and found it totally predictable that you didn't like it, because it didn't suit your baseless position. Fact is, to use the language of today, "you just got owned" and like any empty vessel, you responded in your typical fashion. You dish up your standard responses to anyone who dismantles the drivel you write. These are the infantile reactions of a very immature mind. I'll bet you've never considered getting help because you lack self awareness. Your anger is regularly expressed in your retorts. Almost 29,000 posts tells me all I need to know. The vast majority of them being sarcastic, unnecessarily contrary, angry and fuelling the delusion you are an insider who is in the know. I am not expressing anger, it is an observation, but that doesn't suit your nonsensical assertions, either.

Glad to see someone else has similar thoughts to me about P66 who is one angry and defensive scribe.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:

Glad to see someone else has similar thoughts to me about P66 who is one angry and defensive scribe.

Why do you pick on me? It really hurts. Angry. You wouldnt realise how far from the truth you are.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:What's this thread about again?

Ha Ha Ha !

Apparently sam fisher likes whiskey on the rocks ? :oops:

In red white and black from 73