Hi Saintsational......again. Its been a long time!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hi Saintsational......again. Its been a long time!

Con Gorozidis wrote:agree gringo.
i dont believe anyone should insult anyone ever - no matter who the person is. treat people 'online' like ud treat them in person. sure argue ideas and disagree on the issues . go to town on that. i have no probs there. but personal stuff is simply the realm of sh*t blokes (or girls).
I was extremely disappointed that armos brother was bullied off here. He provided lots of insights we wouldnt otherwise get yet some people took it upon themselves to berate and bully him. and now hes gone. Just really appalling and upsetting behaviour. Having GT is an absolute privilege. Super coach, great mind manager, insightful and insider and a true saints man. An absolute privilege.
Now back to talking footy!
was dwoodrow really "bullied" off here? can't imagine him caring too much what people think…

Atilla couldn't be bothered dealing with Marto from memory.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

StThomo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Dont want to sound like i am sucking up to you Grant but what you and the the Saints did for one of my best mates family when their mother died after being hit by a car was one of the best things any footy club could do. Arranging for players and yourself to visit the family at their home, getting the family in the rooms after the game even though we had lost to the WB and even having a tribute on the banner that day. Craig still has the photo taken that day on his fridge.
Hey Plugger66. Say hi to Craig and family. My daughter Ally is great mates with Craig's daughter Georgia. They go to school together.

Yep Georgia and my daughter Nicole are best friends. Ally also a good friend of Nicoles and she has been to our house many times. We were actually at Craigs when Lenny, Sammy, Rooy and yourself came round that day.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

wow pluggsy you are a friggin celebrity! 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:wow pluggsy you are a friggin celebrity! 8-)

Why is that matrix? Very strange comment. You come across as a person with issues. You should get them sorted out. If you think I am a celebrity for knowing GT's daughter then please seek help. if you think I am a celebrity for being at a friends house when he had asked our family to come in a period of the worst grief you could imagine then please seek extra help.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

I can only see one person that needs help judging from this thread. The bloke dropping the names. By the way did I tell you all I played in a Premiership with Winmar in 2000 and he lived in my house and drove my ute. :oops:

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
stinger
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:I can only see one person that needs help judging from this thread. The bloke dropping the names. By the way did I tell you all I played in a Premiership with Winmar in 2000 and he lived in my house and drove my ute. :oops:

yeah, i remember that well.......i wanted so badly to meet cuz that i once travelled to the top of the rialto tower to see him , ......someone told me he was a tour guide there.....wasn't there of course....i do have a personally autographed copy of his famous photo though....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
DWOODROW
Club Player

dragit wrote:
i dont believe anyone should insult anyone ever - no matter who the person is. treat people 'online' like ud treat them in person. sure argue ideas and disagree on the issues . go to town on that. i have no probs there. but personal stuff is simply the realm of sh*t blokes (or girls).
I was extremely disappointed that armos brother was bullied off here. He provided lots of insights we wouldnt otherwise get yet some people took it upon themselves to berate and bully him. and now hes gone. Just really appalling and upsetting behaviour. Having GT is an absolute privilege. Super coach, great mind manager, insightful and insider and a true saints man. An absolute privilege.
was dwoodrow really "bullied" off here? can't imagine him caring too much what people think…

Not bullied off. Just sick of argueing with people that think they now more than they actually do. No dramas tho. I still like to come on here and see what is happening.

Also the workload is now very different. Not much time to get on here anymore. Hope everyone has a great chrissy.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintsfreak wrote: What about Atilla Siposs?
what happened there? i remember some kind of stoush over who knew him best or something that turned nasty on here but i cant recall what happened.
IIRC
Big Mart posted his opinion on Siposs after we drafted him having taught him at school.

The opinion was fairly detailed, mostly positive but also focused on areas of concern as well.

Attila then just exploded, got very personal and abusive with Big Mart in response to what was a rather inoffensive post I thought. Good riddence there

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Good call, Con.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
dragit wrote:

Not bullied off. Just sick of argueing with people that think they now more than they actually do. No dramas tho. I still like to come on here and see what is happening.

Also the workload is now very different. Not much time to get on here anymore. Hope everyone has a great chrissy.
:)

This thread is bringing back all the gang

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote: Hope everyone has a great chrissy.
Likewise fella :D

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I have a question, but it might be a sensitive one...

Do you feel like at any time, that the medical team cleared guys to play or that they told you they were right...but in your opinion, you knew that that weren't right and yet you stilled played them?

Kosi and Ball come to mind...with both of them, there were times were I just couldn't understand why on earth they were either back out there so soon from injury, and/or so obviously playing well below their best.

Maybe it's naive, but I reckon coaches should have their best interests at heart, and be strong enough to say no if you know they're not up to it.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
dragit wrote:

Thanks for screwing up my story mate.;) Anyway happy chrissie to you to. by the way your brother had better go well next year I've been talking him up a fair bit with no basis other than how fit he looks. He only needs to go top 3 in the BF and All Australian -no pressure.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
dragit wrote:

best wishes to you and yours mate.... :D

Beekay
SS Life Member

I love how some people conveniently forget how mentally soft we were until Lyon came along.

I'm glad's he's gone, but he made talented boys with little tricks up their sleeves when the pressure was on (see Geelong for a prime example of innate clever footballers) start playing like intelligent hunters.

Some of the more simple posters, like Stinger, will think it was all GT's work years before and that it's just natural development.... even though Geelong had been miles ahead of us for some time. They got unlucky in 2005 as well, remember.

Saints43
Club Player

Beekay wrote:I love how some people conveniently forget how mentally soft we were until Lyon came along.
Do you think a large part of that may be the difference between Riewoldt being 22 years old in 2005 and being 26 years old in 2009. Dal being 24 instead of 20 etcetera?

I think some people just look at the names on paper in, say, 2004 and say 'ooh Dal Santo, Hayes, Roo, Gehrig, Hamill etc all in the same team - how could you not win a flag?' but conveniently forget how young some of them were.

And were competing against clubs (Sydney/Brisbane) who had significant salary cap advantages.

Beekay
SS Life Member

Saints43 wrote:
Beekay wrote:I love how some people conveniently forget how mentally soft we were until Lyon came along.
Do you think a large part of that may be the difference between Riewoldt being 22 years old in 2005 and being 26 years old in 2009. Dal being 24 instead of 20 etcetera?
A small part. Intelligence can rarely be taught. It is what it is.

The largest part would be Lyon realising that we don't have Chapman, Bartel, Ling, Ablett, Selwood, Scarlett, etc using their football nous to drag us over the line.

We never had a handful of nifty, gun decision makers. After a certain point, age doesn't have much to do with it.

So we became soldiers. Oh yeah..... and started playing as a team.
Last edited by Beekay on Mon 10 Dec 2012 2:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

(crap) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Some of the more simple posters, like Stinger, will think it was all GT's work years before and that it's just natural development....

i love you too beekay......and i'd bet my iq against yours every day of the week.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

i believe that had grant not been fired we would now have three premiership cups...not one.....if that makes me simple ..i couldn't give a rats.... :twisted:

Beekay
SS Life Member

stinger wrote: i believe that had grant not been fired we would now have three premiership cups...not one.....if that makes me simple ..i couldn't give a rats.... :twisted:
It must be an amazing deluded world you live in.

All the best with that. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :? :cry: :oops: :D :?: :?: :?: :?: :|

In this dream world of yours, is Milney apart of any of the glory? :lol:

Is Luke Ball the midfield general superstar, running like the wind and turning on a dime? :lol:

Did Aussie Jones stay on and continue to smother small forwards in big games? :lol:

Are the fans being blamed for prelim losses because of ground invasions? :lol:
Last edited by Beekay on Mon 10 Dec 2012 2:26pm, edited 3 times in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

StThomo wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Now Grant where was it we left off again, can you bring me up to speed?
Hovering around court rooms for memory. Hope you are well and over your ailments. All the best.
lol

Grant I do have a few curly questions for you but am too busy with the ant farm, designing crop circles, playing with seaweed and responding to my own legion of demanding fans which I'm sure you can appreciate

I've read too many pages of this thread already and am feeling nauseous

I'll pop in again when my heavy schedule permits

Hope you are also well and over your ailments

cheers

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I'm glad's he's gone, but he made talented boys with little tricks up their sleeves when the pressure was on (see Geelong for a prime example of innate clever footballers) start playing like intelligent hunters.

Some of the more simple posters, like Stinger, will think it was all GT's work years before and that it's just natural development.... even though Geelong had been miles ahead of us for some time. They got unlucky in 2005 as well, remember.
I love how some posters conveniently play the man and not the ball.

Some of the more soft posters, like say Beekay, might think it is natural development.....and they would be right.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Beekay
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote: I love how some posters conveniently play the man and not the ball.

Some of the more soft posters, like say Beekay, might think it is natural development.....and they would be right.
Oh... and I started that trend in this thread.

I love how some of the more blind posters, like say SEN, might think it is a natural chip on shoulder, like their own.. instead of common sense.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:)

do you think your ants might leave home before the 21st
or are they at peace 'n expecting the sun to come up on the 22nd ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:

I love how some posters conveniently play the man and not the ball.

well...he did on this occasion...2nd time he has taken a pot shot at me out of the blue...i ignored him the first time......think i will in future also.... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Pass me the popcorn would you please matrix…