Premiership clock according to the Hun.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Premiership clock according to the Hun.

DJ Higgins wrote: Tue 19 Nov 2019 12:38pm What did we really trade for hill. From all accounts this year's draft is nothing special and next year's is going to be the most effected by father son academy gold coast compensation picks. Basically we lost Bruce who will hurt, Steven who won't because if he stayed he wouldn't have played for us and acres who was good one out of every three games and Newnes who was good three years ago.

What we got was speed which we needed in hill. He was not cheap sure but he is worth more to us then other teams, Ryder for ruck depth,great and relatively cheap, Howard who I never heard if before and now I hear is slow and gets lapped in time trials so not sold on him, Jones who is quick but can't hit a target so he needs work and Butler who couldn't keep his spot in the tigers. But too be fair tigers are class

Bottom line is we will be better but we have a weak forward line so I'm not sure where the goals are really going to come from so better than last year but still a fair way off seems fair
Except if King comes in and has an immediate impact - his brother did at the Suns.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

9pm on my clock

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Dont believe in the premiership clock. All Malthouse dribble. Just ask Clarkson.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 22 Nov 2019 7:57am 9pm on my clock
Says 4:57

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

barneyboyz wrote: Wed 20 Nov 2019 7:27am What we got for Tony Locket nearly won us a premiership. What we paid for Hill won't matter when he lifts the blokes around him next year

I'm sure you'll tell us all how well those picks have gone over the next couple of years too, well the successful ones anyway :roll:

At the end of the day, we got done by Carlton late last season, freaking Carlton!

Something needed to be done
The loss to the Sydney Swans, and the passive way we went down, sent off alarm bells for me. There needed to be wholesale changes, and not just to the low hanging fruit variety either.

Happy with the trades, and the people behind the failures post-2014 are gone. New era.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.