Let's settle this .. which camp are you in?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Let's settle this .. which camp are you in?

freely wrote: Sat 16 May 2020 2:04am No faith in Ratten whatsoever. Talk about lead from the front - lead from the front of his belly! You'd think he'd be ashamed to go out in the street, the state of him.
There are plenty of ISO fat c***s around at the moment.

I’m one of them and will happily fart on your face.

PS Ratts lost a teenage son in car accident. Cut him some slack FFS

<1 day ban for abuse>

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 11:46pm
freely wrote: Sat 16 May 2020 2:04am No faith in Ratten whatsoever. Talk about lead from the front - lead from the front of his belly! You'd think he'd be ashamed to go out in the street, the state of him.

I'll decline your kind offer. As to the rest, relevance?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Mon 18 May 2020 4:56am
saintspremiers wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 11:46pm

I'll decline your kind offer. As to the rest, relevance?
Relevance? Yes, what's the relevance of your observations of Ratten? I would guess you'd think GT was a great coach when on his soup diet but the worst coach we've had when he ballooned out like a cattle tick.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

The relevance is that we're trying to gain some credibility as an elite sporting outfit. And the image our coach projects is a big part of that. Why was it relevant that so many of us found Richo's style of speaking boring? Because that's the image the club was projecting.

Not just that either. We would say, if he's boring us, what's he doing to the players? I say, if he thinks it's all right to let himself go like that, why should the players think they need to bother?

We don't want to be known as the boring club. But we don't want to be known as the clapped-outs either. Yes, it's relevant.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I can't agree there freely but at least you explained.

A coach needs to convey a message, a plan, a tactic. He needs to sell that and promote buy in - yes, agree that after 6 years, Richo's communication style suffered or was certainly exposed.

If our weights and conditioning coach, our dietician or our captain appeared out of condition, unhealthy and unfit - yes, we'd have a problem.

Ratten has been in the industry several decades. Elite as a player, in preparation and on match day. He knows what it takes. Where time has taken his body at his age I think is allowed and understandable.

The Brisbane Lions didn't play like old men with dodgy hammies last year & no one thinks of them as such.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

So Ratts is carrying a bit of condition. The only cause for concern there is for his health in what is a high-stress job. Couldn’t care less about the image it projects.

So long as he is an effective communicator, knows the tactical side of he game and - most importantly - that they will play for him.

That’s what I want in a St Kilda coach and I think Ratts will deliver.