What was the most impressive thing?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: What was the most impressive thing?

Absorbing repeat inside 50's in the first part of the 3rd quarter. That was their push and the goal we got after that broke them.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Our Backline & our young blokes led by Hunter

PADDLEPOP1000
The Peanut
Club Player

damienc wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 9:46am Loving this thread.
Me too :mrgreen:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Winning on the road two games in a row, both against bogey teams ... a BIG step for this club.

Sanctorum
Club Player

The most impressive thing for me was the way Sinclair and Hind slotted into the team and contributed to the win. It demonstrated the incredible depth of the list and the team's ability to interchange players without loss of performance, something that we haven't seen for years!

This win, on top of last week's 1st win ever on Adelaide Oval, should provide the team with tremendous confidence for the rest of the season because this would have been the first time for years that Port Adelaide were kept goal-less in the last quarter playing at home.

The other thing that stood out was St Kilda's defence, the back 6 have become a really strong unit, which combined with an equally strong attack and a well functioning midfield is testimony to the club's first class coaching panel - I loved the way Brett Ratten interacted with the players on the ground after the final siren to celebrate this "against the odds" victory...

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist