Jones hamstrung

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jones hamstrung

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 9:26pm
bigred wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 8:17pm
sunsaint wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 6:55pm
SaintPav wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 6:49pm GWS beginning to sound like a rabble which might save us.
yes they are warning about big name omissions
Heard that one before. Quite recently.
You are not kidding.

Hoping for an implosion of Essendonian proportions, but been sucked in before.

Jones cannot be counted on in in 2021. Best be prepared. Hamstrings don’t go away. When will be the fourth?

Melbourne - seven changes, on the ropes, we still lose.

I just hope they use last seasons disaster against the Swans as an example of how NOT to finish a home and away season.

Lest we forget that thrashing last round last year with Ratts mind you. A different team, it must be said.
Yep, every game for the passed few weeks feels like we were told we should win easy because the opposition was a rabble for some reason or other.

Hasn’t worked for us yet!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

How disappointing!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

For those saying put Clark in the middle, you do realise that he played virtually the whole last qtr last week in the middle and some of the third too I think.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
johnearljames
Club Player

Clark was recruited to be a midfielder when ready. He will start there this week I reckon. He has all the tools to be a good centre man. Natural progression.

Guys like Webster, Savage and Roberton can play his position.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

With Jones out, we need every bit of midfield grunt we can get. Luke Dunstan is a must in my book.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan and Jones.
Are they pretty even Stevens?

My guess as a faraway supporter/damaged fan, suggests yes.

Both barrel in. Both have trouble effecting a clean disposal.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
minneapolis
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 9:54pm Forget the dreams of a rabble, who wants to play one anyway? That's for the weak. That's for those who believe players don't care, players that believe their livelihoods are safe (despite the belief they don't care about the season & situation)...Season Deniers.

GWS may have some issues but I'll put my left testi on a platter and say not one who plays has not got an eye on next week, next season, next club. All who play for GWS this Friday want to prove something. I hope all who play for St Kilda feel the same.
You can't gamble your left testi as you lost it in a bet 12 months ago.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
minneapolis
Club Player

Toy Saint wrote: Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:38am With Jones out, we need every bit of midfield grunt we can get. Luke Dunstan is a must in my book.
What's the point of playing Luke if he busts a gut to get the ball and then kicks it to our disadvantage.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

GWS can’t play finals unless they beat us by 50 points.

They will throw in the towel at selection and on field

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Recruitment Wizard Gallagher will have learned some valuable lessons about medical due diligence this year and have a clear picture from Ratts about which players are tradeable/ de-listable, and he knows all the contracts by heart and spreadsheet classifications. The emphasis this shopping season might be on younger rising stars than guys past their prime (not thinking of you Paddy, you gun); be nice to know how many list members they are thinking of churning.There was a time when I looked forward to the preseason games to see what new young talent was going to play, but those times seem to have passed with a steady/lengthy apprenticeship the thing before getting sporadic chances - Max K is an exception - while selectors adopt the old school Aussie Cricket team approach of its very hard to get dropped (unless your name is Phillips). The summary from Ben Mc was interesting; wouldn't it be good to know the real thinking about the younger players on our list and why they are overlooked when the team is clearly on the down - is it size/strength or have we an unusual number with fatal skill flaws. I guess it is unfair impatience bias,but Bulldogs seem to pull several fast skillful debutantes out of the kennel every year, but we don't seem to. I also wonder if we knew about GWS' Riccardi and decided he was not worth a spot - I hope the Geelong name didn't put us off. Of course it will be hard to spot recruits from VFL/junior comps at the moment so trade period will be hamstrung, like several of our nominal stars are at the most inconvenient times.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote: Wed 16 Sep 2020 5:05am GWS can’t play finals unless they beat us by 50 points.

They will throw in the towel at selection and on field
You don't think Coniglio will want to make a statement?

Crossy66
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 16 Sep 2020 8:57am Recruitment Wizard Gallagher will have learned some valuable lessons about medical due diligence this year and have a clear picture from Ratts about which players are tradeable/ de-listable, and he knows all the contracts by heart and spreadsheet classifications. The emphasis this shopping season might be on younger rising stars than guys past their prime (not thinking of you Paddy, you gun); be nice to know how many list members they are thinking of churning.There was a time when I looked forward to the preseason games to see what new young talent was going to play, but those times seem to have passed with a steady/lengthy apprenticeship the thing before getting sporadic chances - Max K is an exception - while selectors adopt the old school Aussie Cricket team approach of its very hard to get dropped (unless your name is Phillips). The summary from Ben Mc was interesting; wouldn't it be good to know the real thinking about the younger players on our list and why they are overlooked when the team is clearly on the down - is it size/strength or have we an unusual number with fatal skill flaws. I guess it is unfair impatience bias,but Bulldogs seem to pull several fast skillful debutantes out of the kennel every year, but we don't seem to. I also wonder if we knew about GWS' Riccardi and decided he was not worth a spot - I hope the Geelong name didn't put us off. Of course it will be hard to spot recruits from VFL/junior comps at the moment so trade period will be hamstrung, like several of our nominal stars are at the most inconvenient times.
I feel like:we are on the right path, pretty much since satan joined us, but this year is like no other. Our second tier players from Bytel and Byrnes down, have had thier development stalled with no VFL.
The club have been reluctant to make unforced changes to the team as a result.
In a normal year, I think a few of the developing players and some returning from long term injury will surprise a few.
Still need atleast 2 A grade mids though.