Crouch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: Crouch

Will be 27 in Jan
History of Hamstring injury already
..and slipping over,”on the stairs” During recovery

Hannebery Mark II?

North Ballarat so a Saint.

I can smell the 1980s, but I loved the 1980s.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/477160/-buy ... uch-worth-

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saintbob
SS Life Member

Caldwell will announce the same thing tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The other rumour that growing... have read it here and is now popping up on FB is that Ross might want out

I bring it up because something has to give if we get both of Crouch and Caldwell

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:00pm Caldwell will announce the same thing tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞
Rumour or opinion?

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Think it might be worth going back and watching the games we lost.

We got beaten by inside bulls.

Crouch is an inside bull.

Jack Steven god love him, was not.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:02pm The other rumour that growing... have read it here and is now popping up on FB is that Ross might want out

I bring it up because something has to give if we get both of Crouch and Caldwell
Oh no... that's terrible... please stay...

;)

In all seriousness, Crouch would just be an upgrade on Ross then yeah?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Great news. Im sure Gaggs and co have done their home work and wont be selling the farm to get him. Immediately makes our midfield better and if he can remain durable he will be a star.

In the past the drug issue might have put some supporters off, but I think now it is exceedingly common practice for the younger generation.

takeaway
Club Player

Good news, although that reduces our pitch to Caldwell for more midfield time. Hope it doesn't sway him to stay at GWS or go to Bombers.

saintbob
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:04pm
saintbob wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:00pm Caldwell will announce the same thing tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞
Rumour or opinion?
Only my opinion hence the 🤞, I just hope the fact that he was a Saints supporter sways his decision.

saintbob
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:14pm Good news, although that reduces our pitch to Caldwell for more midfield time. Hope it doesn't sway him to stay at GWS or go to Bombers.
He’ll get plenty of time through the middle even with Crouch coming.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 11:36am
saynta wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:40am
older saint wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 8:59am Some are reporting now that we are leading the race for Crouch.
If this is true and we get as a free agent, and a reasonable contract with protection from injury in there that it doesn't blow out, then yes.
Not best user but does know how to find the ball. Probably see the end of Dunstan if happened.

Still then have 1st round pick if needed for Caldwell ?
That's only because no one else wants crouch, a druggie who is a worse kick than Dunstan.

You now saying we got him

Oops, :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
He takes drugs like the majority of AFL players except they don't get caught! That's the only difference.
I really hope that that is not true.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saynta
Saintsational Legend

nostalgicsaint wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 11:50am Would arguably be our best midfielder and definitely top 3 next year.

Massive win for us.

Paton Howard Wilkie
Coffield Carlisle Long

Hill Steele Jones

Gresham Battle Billings
Butler King Membrey

Marshall Crouch Clark

Hannebery Ryder Dunstan Sinclair

Midfield rotations
Crouch, Steele, Jones, Hill, Gresham, Clark, Hannerbury, Billings, dunstan and Sinclair.

Add a forward and one more mid and we're in great shape.
From AFL.com.au

His decision to join the Saints will see him slot into a promising midfield that includes reigning best and fairest Jack Steele, SEB ROSS, Bradley Hill, Dan Hannebery, Zak Jones, Jack Billings and Jade Gresham."

Moods
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 8:59am Some are reporting now that we are leading the race for Crouch.
If this is true and we get as a free agent, and a reasonable contract with protection from injury in there that it doesn't blow out, then yes.
Not best user but does know how to find the ball. Probably see the end of Dunstan if happened.

That's only because no one else wants crouch, a druggie who is a worse kick than Dunstan
What a ridiculous statement. You’d be horrified then at what I heard was happening in Noosa. It’s rife across the league whether us old farts 50 and over like it or not.

Comparing an AA midfielder who has won a club B&F to Dunstan? 😂😂😂

C’mon.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Faulky63 wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 11:14am great news for the club though he misses the first 2 games of next year due to suspension.
That suspension is a blessing in disguise actually. Gives him an extra 2 weeks to be chery ripe and hungry to play. Perfect!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

saintbob
SS Life Member

SaintPelican66 wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:45pm
Faulky63 wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 11:14am great news for the club though he misses the first 2 games of next year due to suspension.
That suspension is a blessing in disguise actually. Gives him an extra 2 weeks to be chery ripe and hungry to play. Perfect!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Agreed and lessens the $$$ on his contract

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Geez we identify we need a mid field bull, we get one, it costs us nothing in picks or trades....we should be elated.

Who is next?

Nee!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:41pm

That's only because no one else wants crouch, a druggie who is a worse kick than Dunstan
What a ridiculous statement. You’d be horrified then at what I heard was happening in Noosa. It’s rife across the league whether us old farts 50 and over like it or not.

C’mon.
Don't believe everything you hear would be my only advice,

He got caught with drugs, therefore he is a druggie afaic and everyone knows he can't
kick so the only thing ridiculous about my statement is your obnoxious reply. :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 7965d68099

"AFL star Brad Crouch has officially requested to leave the Crows announcing a shock new club as his preferred home for 2021. '

Why is it a shock ffs? :roll:

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 1:18pm

C’mon.

He got caught with drugs, therefore he is a druggie afaic and everyone knows he can't
kick so the only thing ridiculous about my statement is your obnoxious reply. :roll:
Get a life Santa, you brainless old goon!

<1 day ban for commenting negatively on another poster>

Look again it's the Flash!!
Saintly66
Club Player

C’mon.

Going off that good thing we got rid of Jack and let him get to Geelong lol.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

From the age.com.au

"Saints primed to land Crouch
By Michael Gleeson and Daniel Cherny
Updated October 21, 2020 — 12.25pmfirst published at 11.52am

Adelaide's restricted free agent Brad Crouch has told the club he wants to move to St Kilda.

The onballer's management informed the Crows the Saints were his preferred home, having been pursued by both Geelong and cross town rivals Port Adelaide.
Brad Crouch.

The Crows will now eagerly await the contract terms St Kilda offer for the player, who won their best and fairest last year.

It is expected Crouch's contract will draw no more than an end-of-first-round draft pick as compensation. The Crows will then query whether they are better to match the compensation and seek to trade for St Kilda's first-round pick, or whether that compensation selection is sufficient.

Twelve months ago Crouch was seeking million-dollar-a-year contract terms to move to a new club.

No club valued him at that level and the terms he has been offered by St Kilda this year are well below that initial hefty contract request. They are unlikely to be sufficient to fit the AFL's secret and constantly moving free agency compensation formula to deliver Adelaide pick two as compensation. That is, a compensation pick after Adelaide's first draft selection, pick one.

Typically a contract has needed to be in the range of the higher end of more than $700,000 a year over at least three years for a player to draw a first-round compensation pick. The player's age is important in the formula but there is also a strong discretionary component from the AFL in deciding value and appropriate compensation.

Crouch, 26, had been chasing a long-term contract, however interest in him had only been lukewarm following another injury-interrupted season that finished in ignominious fashion when he was suspended for two matches after being caught in possession of illegal drugs.

GWS Giants restricted free agent Jeremy Cameron nominating Geelong as his preferred destination will have complicated the picture for the Cats in being able to satisfy contract terms in their pursuit of

It is unclear what the likely acquisition of Crouch means for St Kilda's pursuit of Greater Western Sydney midfielder Jye Caldwell, who has also been in the sights of Essendon.

The Saints are increasingly a destination club, having landed five players during a hectic trade period last season.

St Kilda coach Brett Ratten said after the Saints' finals campaign ended that the club was in the market for another midfielder.

Geelong are also in discussions with Shaun Higgins about a move there after an aborted attempt by the North Melbourne midfielder to move to the Cats last year. Since then North has told Higgins they would be open to trading him as part of the scorched earth overhaul at Arden Street this post-season."

SaintPelican66
Club Player

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 2:18pm

C’mon.

Get a life saynta, you brainless old goon!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:05pm
skeptic wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:02pm The other rumour that growing... have read it here and is now popping up on FB is that Ross might want out

Oh no... that's terrible... please stay...

;)

In all seriousness, Crouch would just be an upgrade on Ross then yeah?
To be honest, I’d rather lose Hannebery than Ross as Seb will at least give us a full season

If we get Crouch, lose Ross for cap space and Hannebery plays 5 games next year, it doesn’t seem like a win

Ppl were posting the ridiculous platitudes about Dan post the first final about how he was worth every dollar on that one performance (many of those also sank the boots in the next week)... but if we end up losing Ross on the back of no longer needing Acres... ends up looking more and more like a disastrous recruitment

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 11:18am I’m not sure if on balance he was the player we needed...
Pbly suggests we won’t get Caldwell?

Who does he push out? Feel like he’s alongside Steele, Ross, and Hannerbery.

This looks to me like it stamps Dunstan’s papers.
Don’t think it suggests we won’t get Caldwell. Still up in air is t it? Crouch costs zero at the trade table. We still have a first rounder for Caldwell, plus whatever other picks we gain for players traded out. Am imagining Crouch AND Caldwell added to our midfield. I like.