Young guns who can take the next step

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: Young guns who can take the next step

oldie60 wrote: Wed 16 Dec 2020 8:41am
Vazelos wrote: Tue 15 Dec 2020 10:51pm
saynta wrote: Sun 13 Dec 2020 12:05pm
SaintPelican66 wrote: Sun 13 Dec 2020 11:39am The 2 question marks I have on Bytel are his decision making and his lack of professionalism on the training track.
What utter crap. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Have to agree with Saynta on this one that’s not the intel I have heard about Bytel..
He is known to be meticulous in his training and professionalism.... Hannebery mentioned it in a speech how he is a bit like him regarding training etc....
Agree, my itk, my son who does not follow the Saints knows Bytel from his work at Calder in the strength and conditioning team and says the kid is professional in everything he does. The kid was co-captain of his team with great leadership skills and very good skills. As ive mentioned my son has been working with Calder for 5 years and has seen most of the draftees from Calder ( Balta, Scholl,Taylor, Riccardi, ) come through and from what he says and sees you can tell why these kids are drafted. Even our latest draftee Matthew Allison is the type of guy you want at your club simply on their want to become an AFL player. Unless you are involved personally you can't really make a judgment on players training,preparation and attitude.
Well said.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmike65
Club Player

In his draft year, Jack Bytel was touted a top 15 pick, with back and elbow injuries that year causing him to slide to #43.
There was a doco made on the AFL website following 4 gun potential draftees...they were Sam Walsh, Max & Ben King, and JACK BYTEL!!
Jack has a golden opportunity to slot into the 22 in round 1, as Brad Crouch will be unavailable due to suspension.
I believe he can go past Seb Ross in the pecking order of our mids.
Another to keep an eye on is Leo Conolly.
By all reports, he is a smooth mover with elite kicking either foot, just needed to put on a bit of size, as most kids need to do.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Sat 19 Dec 2020 10:01am In his draft year, Jack Bytel was touted a top 15 pick, with back and elbow injuries that year causing him to slide to #43.
There was a doco made on the AFL website following 4 gun potential draftees...they were Sam Walsh, Max & Ben King, and JACK BYTEL!!
Jack has a golden opportunity to slot into the 22 in round 1, as Brad Crouch will be unavailable due to suspension.
By all reports, he is a smooth mover with elite kicking either foot, just needed to put on a bit of size, as most kids need to do.
The expectation in 2021 is for this list to continue improving and finish in the top 4. Bytell will need to be the second coming of Chris Judd and Dustin Martin to push into the side if we keep improving our ladder position.

However in this echo chamber the belief is Bytel will knock Sebby out of the team and all before R1. It will be a massive fall from grace for Sebby but most realists will agree it's a highly unlikely scenario.

Brad Crouch and Jack Higgins also comes into this side too so I think it will be very hard for Bytel to get a game in 2021 and it's possible he could be talking to his manager regularly if we are flying and if he thinks he's going to being starved of opportunity at the Saints. It happens.

An interesting sub plot for 2021.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 20 Dec 2020 8:19am
Saintmike65 wrote: Sat 19 Dec 2020 10:01am In his draft year, Jack Bytel was touted a top 15 pick, with back and elbow injuries that year causing him to slide to #43.
The expectation in 2021 is for this list to continue improving and finish in the top 4. Bytell will need to be the second coming of Chris Judd and Dustin Martin to push into the side if we keep improving our ladder position.

However in this echo chamber the belief is Bytel will knock Sebby out of the team and all before R1. It will be a massive fall from grace for Sebby but most realists will agree it's a highly unlikely scenario.

Brad Crouch and Jack Higgins also comes into this side too so I think it will be very hard for Bytel to get a game in 2021 and it's possible he could be talking to his manager regularly if we are flying and if he thinks he's going to being starved of opportunity at the Saints. It happens.

An interesting sub plot for 2021.
There was an interesting part of Rattens latest interview on what to expect in 2021. He mentioned he wouldn't over coach and he would let talented kids play to their strengths.
This is good because he has already weeded out or basically omitted the seasoned hacks who never really produced much.
Seb is still best 22 and one or two others who possessed 'great leadership qualities'. Seb produced heaps pre Ratten, but he was just tempered and asked to swim between the flags.
Crouch isn't there to replace the kids and Higgins is just another kid with talent that coaches can't teach.
Bytel still needs his full year in the two but the promise shown in his 3 games last year has him knocking on the door. I trust the selectors.
I'm not too sure that there are many under 25's that will be looking to leave the Saints right now.