Excitement surrounding Max King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Excitement surrounding Max King

Most young key talls get rag dolled by experienced big bodied players early in their careers.

I remember Reiwoldt playing back and getting physically worked over by Pebbles Rocca and getting hammered by the Brisbane defenders.

Mark Jamar was charging at Nic Nat in his 2nd season and poor Nic Nat was shell shocked, but it proved a great learning experience.

Max looked frustrated and dejected when Steven May got hold of him but it will do him the world of good.

Max to me is the most exciting young KPP at the club player since Reiwoldt & Lockett and has everything in the bag to be a super star of the competition but who knows, injuries and other factors can impact.

He dropped a lot of sitters this year as others mentioned after doing the hard work to get into position to mark, but if he starts grabbing those look out. Would also love to see him get on his bike more and use his speed to get the hit up leads but not sure this is really the Saints game plan as they seem to love going long to a tall like King, Marshall, Ryder then have the mosquito fleet of Butler, Gresham, Billings, Lonie, Kent & now Higgins swarm onto it if it spills free.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Sanctorum
Club Player

Barring injuries (perish the thought!) I am in no doubt that Max King will be a vastly improved player in 2021, being mentored by Roughie will be terrific.

If he has trouble hanging on to marks maybe he should consider wearing a glove to boost his confidence, the way Travis Cloke did late in his career, and assuming that is legal...

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

As stated earlier, finished 7th in contested marks as a skinny kid in his first proper year of footy.

I’m thinking marking is not an issue.

He just needs experience at the highest level 👍

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 23 Dec 2020 6:54pm As stated earlier, finished 7th in contested marks as a skinny kid in his first proper year of footy.

I’m thinking marking is not an issue.

He just needs experience at the highest level 👍
I think it’s more so the number of instances where Max appeared to win the physical aspect of the contest, got into prime position and then dropped a sitter...
Reckon he would have had another 20 shots on goal if he clunked those.

None the less, his ability to out position his opponent in the contest was incredibly impressive for a kid of his age/experience.
Unlike so many other forwards, he appears to use his size and strength to out think and position his opponent as opposed to crash into the packs

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

He'll be working on his set shots this pre season which has a technical flaw.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 24 Dec 2020 3:07pm He'll be working on his set shots this pre season which has a technical flaw.
Really? Who would have thought that a professional young footballer would be working on his football skills!

Are you sure he’ll have enough time in between trying to improve his golf swing and learning to surf?

btw....the above is sarcasm/ my attempt at humour

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 24 Dec 2020 9:00pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 24 Dec 2020 3:07pm He'll be working on his set shots this pre season which has a technical flaw.
Really? Who would have thought that a professional young footballer would be working on his football skills!

Are you sure he’ll have enough time in between trying to improve his golf swing and learning to surf?

btw....the above is sarcasm/ my attempt at humour
Just when you think you know a poster.

Have a great xmas scollop and get on the boys at 18 bucks for the flag while you can.