Message from the President

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Message from the President

saynta wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 11:29am
SteveStevens66 wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 7:19am
freely wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 11:36pm You also have to remember that Ratten was up to his ears in creating the mess that he inherited!
This! When Ratten got the top job he was asked what he’d be changing from Richo’s approach and he said “very little.” So he was 2IC to the worst coach in our history and he wants to change “very little.” Well, he’s been true to his word. One assumes he said something similar to the search committee that interviewed him. How such an answer didn’t have them running in the opposite direction is beyond me.
Worst coach in our history? Hardly. I think. Watson, the dwarf or Blight all would have a better claim to that title.

Reading some of the comments on here, (this thread and others) one would think that certain posters think that they know more or could do a better job at running the club. So why don't they f****** apply for a job down at Moorabbin.

Makes me want to throw up. :roll:

/
I think what you struggle with is forming an opinion of your own

That’s why your contribution to the site is predominantly posting other people’s opinions via the Herald Sun.

You still think Dunstan is the missing link to our midfield and that we should have persevered with McCartin and that Hannebery and Kent are excellent recruits?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

As I said, certain posters make me want to throw up. f****** know all know nothings if you ask me.

Not only do they think they know more than the club, they get off on telling others what they think others think.

f****** pathetic. :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Lol

Right or wrong... this site runs on people that talk football and post their opinions. It generally makes for interesting reading. I don’t claim to know more than anyone... I just post opinions based on the lite information out there. The fact that you interpret perceive that as a sense of superiority really points to your own insecurity.

Makes sense because you’ve countlessly alluded to yourself as a bit of a guru here

Stay on the sidelines and throw stones Saynta

That’s all you can contribute and you know it.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

What are you on about saynta??? Are you happy with the way the club is being run? Hiding behind B&Fs from shite seasons, your pet Seb...good player but no other club wants him.

We need some genuine AFL footballers. Please do not fall for B&F votes & Brownlow votes as your compass. We need a team that gels, not individuals.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 8:12pm What are you on about saynta??? Are you happy with the way the club is being run? Hiding behind B&Fs from shite seasons, your pet Seb...good player but no other club wants him.

We need some genuine AFL footballers. Please do not fall for B&F votes & Brownlow votes as your compass. We need a team that gels, not individuals.
Listen mate, that.is a rubbish post not befitting you.

I don'tagree that Seb would be.unwanted.if he was on the open.market. He is also one of the better players this year when star players have been s***.

I form my opinions from watching footy at the top level and other levels.for over 70 years.Not from B and F or brownlow votes. ALTHOUGH I am yet to see a saints player who has won a brownlow who did.not deserve it.

Ihave no idea what you view on Seb is apart from.what you posted above but I am aware that a few.posters on.here would never admit his abilities or give him.a vote even.if he had 50.possessions.in a.game

Agree though that we.need a team that gels.

And no I am not happy with how the club is run, but unlike some.self professed "experts".on this site who sprout s*** at length and at will, I am not puffed up with self importance and think I know better than the real experts within.the club

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 8:28pm
Ghost Like wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 8:12pm9
What are you on about saynta??? Are you happy with the way the club is being run? Hiding behind B&Fs from shite seasons, your pet Seb...good player but no other club wants him.

I don't agree that Seb would be unwanted.if he was on the open.market. He is also one of the better players this year when other star players have been s***.

I form my opinions from watching footy at the top level and other levels.for over 70 years.Not from B and F or Brownlow votes. ALTHOUGH I am yet to see a saints player who has won a brownlow who did.not deserve it.
Nor a TB award.

I have no idea what you view on Seb is apart from.what you posted above but I am aware that a few.posters on.here would never admit his abilities or give him.a vote even.if he had 50.possessions.in a.game

Agree though that we.need a team that gels.

And no I am not happy with how the club is run, but unlike some.self professed "experts".on this site who sprout s*** at length and at will, I am not puffed up with self importance and think I know better than the real experts within.the club

I would love the club to be winning or at.least putting in a decent effort. Unfortunately that is not happening. WHY. f*** knowns. I certainly don't.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 1:41pm As I said, certain posters make me want to throw up. f****** know all know nothings if you ask me.

Not only do they think they know more than the club, they get off on telling others what they think others think.

f****** pathetic. :roll:
This is a forum this is where you express your opinion that is what a forum is for IMO , Weather you agree or disagree you have a chance to vent your spleen or blow your own trumpet. No one is an expert we are all here for the one reason

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 8:12pm What are you on about saynta??? Are you happy with the way the club is being run? Hiding behind B&Fs from shite seasons, your pet Seb...good player but no other club wants him.

I don'tagree that Seb would be.unwanted.if he was on the open.market. He is also one of the better players this year when star players have been s***.

Well trust us when we say, he would be unwanted. He's been a great trier at our club, but for some reason his decision making and skills let him down time and time again. He is symptomatic as to why we are shite. Simply can't trust him to hit a target or kick a goal when the opportunity arises. He's not on his pat malone there but he's a former club B&F winner. We expect more from him and we don't get it. There's a reason he's morphing into a tagger rather than the playmaker he used to be. He's had some reasonable games this year and is certainly not the reason we're crap this year or have had beltings, but he's part of the reason why we're just not moving fwd. Bit like Jack Steven. Everyone hero worshipped him and he won 4 x B&F's. But at the end of the day we couldn't trust his disposal and he was symptomatic of a good player (not a great one) at a bottom club. As opposed to Banger Spud and Plugger who were champions at a bottom club and helped lift them into successful teams.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 7:19am
freely wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 11:36pm You also have to remember that Ratten was up to his ears in creating the mess that he inherited!
This! When Ratten got the top job he was asked what he’d be changing from Richo’s approach and he said “very little.” So he was 2IC to the worst coach in our history and he wants to change “very little.” Well, he’s been true to his word. One assumes he said something similar to the search committee that interviewed him. How such an answer didn’t have them running in the opposite direction is beyond me.
So ...you were expecting him to publicly bag the football related decisions that had been implemented by people that actually appointed him?? ...hmmmmm... Remember the people that appointed him were also mainly responsible for appointing Richo. So if he bags Cho or bags the decisions made before he arrived he is indirectly bagging his employer

Maybe...perhaps you would have just been happy if Ratten declared to the media and to all Saints fans that Cho was a dud and he was overhauling the whole footy department and the game plan?

Speaking of game plan...we all know that Ratts did overhaul that. It was one of the main reasons we had such a successful year and one of the many changes that Ratts had implemented.

Ratts didn't create the mess and is NOT up to his ears imo. Ratten is the senior coach but Ratten is not the reason we have a mediocre team. He does make mistakes, but Ratts was NOT solely responsible for recruiting.

He's not responsible for the decisions to trade and bring in recycled players and trade away all our draft picks for Brad Hill. He certainly had nothing to do with the decision to recruit Hannebery.

He wasn't responsible for the development program over the last 4-5 years. He's not responsible for strength and conditioning (we have guys like Gresh and Jones getting injuries that I think were probably avoidable). He's not the only bloke who makes selection committee decisions. I don't even think he has the final word if you listen to Simon sometimes

The people running the club for the last 5-6 years...along with Lethlean are the ones responsible for where we are atm. Let's hope they allow Ratts to make more longer term decisions in the interest of building a good team for 2022 and beyond

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I note with interest certain media outlets have ripped into the Pez's propaganda and the massive contradiction it includes, turns out we weren't aiming for a premiership this year but rather our crack at a flag starts around 2022 to 2023.

Good to know...everyone relax now.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I like Pez. My favourite dispenser was Tweety Bird 😉

You are correct though, 2021 is only an apparition, relax, enjoy the rest of the year...2022 is when we try.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Seb would get snapped up by another club if he was on the market.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Look I can only go by what I see live at the game* and that is that Sebby works hard, presents often - even if ignored, has good hands and disposal seems fine given the intense pressure and he is hard at it, tackling and tactical running. Seems a leader out there and respected by other players. I try to understand what I am missing that makes him so often vilified on here. Seems one of the better performers and that there are plenty of others that deserve chastisement before Seb comes into the frame. Plenty. Will seek advice from an expert at first opportunity.

*Understand that is very different from TV.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Wed 26 May 2021 12:08am

Well trust us when we say, he would be unwanted.

You're joking aren't you " trust us". f*** me. Nothing could be further from the truth. And by the way , Who the f*** is "us".

Just more s*** heaped on a hood player as far as I'm converned. :roll: :roll: :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Wed 26 May 2021 9:46am Seb would get snapped up by another club if he was on the market.
Yep, that is as certain as the sun rising tomorrow.

Only the nuffies would deny that. :wink:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Was pleased to see a message from him, with good sentiments.

Has he got it in him to drive success in a sports-based environment? Still unsure about that one.

One thing is for sure: we need him to lead by example, and he has to get on the front foot, create expectations and drive them.

The era of quiet, leather couch types - primarily Westaway and Summers - saw us fall off the map in terms of expectations and public relevance.

We need a President with purpose: you're not in charge of a Sandbelt golf club.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 26 May 2021 10:29am Look I can only go by what I see live at the game* and that is that Sebby works hard, presents often - even if ignored, has good hands and disposal seems fine given the intense pressure and he is hard at it, tackling and tactical running. Seems a leader out there and respected by other players. I try to understand what I am missing that makes him so often vilified on here. Seems one of the better performers and that there are plenty of others that deserve chastisement before Seb comes into the frame. Plenty. Will seek advice from an expert at first opportunity.

It's the long bomb. BUT - I'm not sure what his alternatives are half the time when he's under pressure to release and there's literally nobody presenting upfield for him to pass to. Our blokes just don't seem to run towards the ball or into space - ever. Just stagnant.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 26 May 2021 10:29am Look I can only go by what I see live at the game* and that is that Sebby works hard, presents often - even if ignored, has good hands and disposal seems fine given the intense pressure and he is hard at it, tackling and tactical running. Seems a leader out there and respected by other players. I try to understand what I am missing that makes him so often vilified on here. Seems one of the better performers and that there are plenty of others that deserve chastisement before Seb comes into the frame. Plenty. Will seek advice from an expert at first opportunity.

He's only vilified by those who wrote him off in his first few games and wanted him delisted or traded as they believed he was a dud.

Then they got pissed off when he proved them wrong and won a best and fairest. A second best and fairest meant that they were doubly pissed and sought to fault him at every turn

Fortunately, no very fortunately, the club doesn't listen to such rubbish and thought otherwise, making him vice captain even. :wink:

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 26 May 2021 2:13pm

He's only vilified by those who wrote him off in his first few games and wanted him delisted or traded as they believed he was a dud.

Then they got pissed off when he proved them wrong and won a best and fairest. A second best and fairest meant that they were doubly pissed and sought to fault him at every turn

Fortunately, no very fortunately, the club doesn't listen to such rubbish and thought otherwise, making him vice captain even. :wink:
I'm not sure that's correct saynta, but it's your narrative so run with it. I do not think he's villified, a catchy word used by those that wish to question those being questioned.

Seb is hard at it, a great clubman but a player that is not top 10 in a Premiership side. I've said it before, he needs to be in our 16 to 22 not our B&F winner for us to threaten a Top 4 side.

He is the epitome of why B&Fs and Brownlow votes mean jack in winning a flag. While some may fate him as our best, I admire him for getting the best from himself but whilst he's our best we are where we are.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Didn't realise we had a President. Who is it?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Dick Smith

life time appointment

we can be his little Dick Heads

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 26 May 2021 7:06pm
saynta wrote: Wed 26 May 2021 2:13pm

I'm not sure that's correct saynta, but it's your narrative so run with it. I do not think he's villified, a catchy word used by those that wish to question those being questioned.

Seb is hard at it, a great clubman but a player that is not top 10 in a Premiership side. I've said it before, he needs to be in our 16 to 22 not our B&F winner for us to threaten a Top 4 side.

He is the epitome of why B&Fs and Brownlow votes mean jack in winning a flag. While some may fate him as our best, I admire him for getting the best from himself but whilst he's our best we are where we are.
Of course I'm f****** correct. Seen it all unfold over the years and have been disgusted by the derogatory comments and the failure to acknowledge him or his achievements and good games.

He was clearly our best player or at.least one of our better players a few weeks ago, yet one poster gave votes to 7 players but none to Seb.

I just hope and pray he doesn't read this forum.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Yes saynta, I remember you banging on about that on a few occasions. On one of those occasions you had been so incensed by people ignoring him in the votes, yourself included for that particular round. It still means jack in the scheme of things.

Whether you or I give Seb votes or the coach or the umpires, it does not change how St Kilda is travelling. The more votes that Seb gets the more average our club is, true or false?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 26 May 2021 8:31pm Dick Smith

life time appointment

we can be his little Dick Heads
Excellent work

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:)

yes

i thought that as well

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.