St Kilda, you are finished!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

happy feet
Club Player

Re: St Kilda, you are finished!!!

I am 58 and I believe that I will not see another Premiership in my lifetime. I really did not see the first as I was only 3 at the time. Like many I stood at the Gilbey’s Gin end of Moorabbin through the 70’s and early eighties and they were terrible times. I thought we had a chance when we recruited Roo, Kosi, Goddard, Dal, Joey, Gehrig but we stuffed that up and sacked GT, who I think would have got us that Premiership. A GFDraw doesn’t cut it but it was the best we got. And in the years after that not much joy. Look at the recent recruiting stuff ups, it’s no wonder we are a rabble. I guess the saddest thing is that after all this, I just don’t care anymore.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Re: St Kilda, you are finished!!!

happy feet wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 5:28pm I am 58 and I believe that I will not see another Premiership in my lifetime. I really did not see the first as I was only 3 at the time. Like many I stood at the Gilbey’s Gin end of Moorabbin through the 70’s and early eighties and they were terrible times. I thought we had a chance when we recruited Roo, Kosi, Goddard, Dal, Joey, Gehrig but we stuffed that up and sacked GT, who I think would have got us that Premiership. A GFDraw doesn’t cut it but it was the best we got. And in the years after that not much joy. Look at the recent recruiting stuff ups, it’s no wonder we are a rabble. I guess the saddest thing is that after all this, I just don’t care anymore.
Agree with this, Those players, and throw in Lenny Hayes Max Hudghton, Sam Fisher , Stevie Milne, Luke Ball , Adam Schneider, Sean Dempster....if we couldn't do it with that many elite/ A grader/ B + players....if they couldn't shrug off the culture of failure....what chance do the mere mortals at the club now have?

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi