Pride Game this Saturday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pride Game this Saturday

Banger9798 wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 5:48pm Got to say , I don't get all of the this confusion around gender.
Seems to reflect the fundamental confusion in the world.

Be kind and inclusive to all, but why elevate these issues?

Are we going to have a Diabetes round?
A round for people who love Star Wars?
A round for people who identify as Geniuses?

I mean , it is footy FFS

No doubt I have committed some sort of hate crime by wanting a Footy round, but on what basis can you be Proud of something that as they seem determined to point out, is part of their make up from the get go?

Tell me when the Round for slightly overweight, balding middle aged men is an I'm available as flagbearer.
People aren’t beaten and murdered because they have diabetes.
People don’t commit suicide because they love Star Wars.
People aren’t treated as sub-humans because they identify as geniuses.

And there are already games aimed at diseases like MND, Maddie’s match, depression etc.

Every round is ‘footy round’. Once in a while a game aims to promote some kind of worthy cause. I can’t understand why that is such a difficult concept for some to deal with?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 3:41pm
The_Dud wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 3:22pm
Yes I agree, we have had many pea-hearted performances this year, including last week.

Still has nothing to do with the Pride game though.
Did you even read the opening post - or just pile on????

Let me remind you
Sainter_Dad wrote:
What the Royal #)$(&_&_%(_)($% do we, as a club, have to be Proud of????

Until we have sustained success on field - I feel these 'cause' games are irrelevant.
Harden up St Kilda - Week in - Week out - we as supporters should know that you stand first and foremost for success on field
And to spell it out

We are playing a pride Game this week - but we have no right to be Proud of ANYTHING last week and a few other times this year

Until we have sustained success on field we as a club in total should be concentrating on winning the f@rking football game and therefore I feel these 'cause' games are irrelevant.
Maybe I should phrase it - It does not matter if the meal is Steak or Sausages if you have bowel crippling diarrhea. We, at the moment, ARE the sh!ts and need to harden the f@rk up

So having no perceived PRIDE in the jumper and the club and the colours has no bearing on a game called a PRIDE game - hmmm - Go figure

Sometime Dud - I think you purposely look for ways to be obtuse and pick stuff just to be 'semi-relevant'.
I understood exactly what you were saying, until we play with ‘pride’ in the jumper (and are winning more) we shouldn’t be associated with the Pride game (or any other ‘cause’ games)

I disagreed saying the 2 things (on field performance and off field cause) aren’t connected or have any influence over each other.

On another note, these games are organised months/years in advance, they can’t really organise/cancel them at the drop of a hat depending on either teams form.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

I have no issue with the pride game it brings an awareness to an issue that was once taboo & to move forward in this ever changing world you have to move with the times or get left behind . IMO only I don't think it been a distraction to our own on field development issues more of an excuse to mask our self inflicted inadequacies

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 3:41pm
Sometime Dud - I think you purposely look for ways to be obtuse and pick stuff just to be 'semi-relevant'.
Nice.

👍

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
lewdogs
Club Player

The Pride Game is about gay pride, it has nothing to do with pride in the jumper. People have been and still are ashamed to say they're gay because of the discrimination gay people have faced. People have been murdered because they are gay or queer. I don't think anyone has been murdered for wearing a St Kilda jumper.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 9:53pm The Pride Game is about gay pride, it has nothing to do with pride in the jumper. People have been and still are ashamed to say they're gay because of the discrimination gay people have faced. People have been murdered because they are gay or queer. I don't think anyone has been murdered for wearing a St Kilda jumper.
No, but there may have been the odd suicide over the years.🤔

happy feet
Club Player

B.M wrote: Thu 05 Aug 2021 10:32pm Why do we need to do it?
Because it sends a message that we don’t care whether you are straight, gay, queer, bi, black or white, or any combination of the aforementioned we welcome you and you are safe with us.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

People who have to declare their views always interest me

This thread reminds me of PC Principal

happy feet
Club Player

B.M wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 11:42pm People who have to declare their views always interest me

This thread reminds me of PC Principal
That must be the most hypocritical post of all time! You ram your views down everyone’s throat more than anyone else I have ever seen on this site. And if anyone disagrees with you there is usually a snide comment or a dig at them. You are totally unbelievable.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Football views, on this site I don’t care for anything else

Isn’t that what a footy forum is for

Expression and debate about FOOTBALL related topics

I find that there is a few people who don’t like my opinions- which is fine - but some of those people (like you) don’t like me having an opinion.

And argue the person and not the point

There are people on here who think they genuinely don’t like me, having never met me or know anything about me?!

Why??

Because I have a vocal stance, that is sometimes contrary to those who support the club. But really, I just call as I see it, and make comment. I’m no expert - never said I was - just frustrated!!!!

Either way, I don’t care. This is an anonymous site. I don’t have personal feelings toward anyone on here.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

One of the worst threads we've had on here, IMHFO. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
happy feet
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sat 07 Aug 2021 1:19am Football views, on this site I don’t care for anything else

Isn’t that what a footy forum is for

Expression and debate about FOOTBALL related topics

I find that there is a few people who don’t like my opinions- which is fine - but some of those people (like you) don’t like me having an opinion.

And argue the person and not the point

There are people on here who think they genuinely don’t like me, having never met me or know anything about me?!

Why??

Because I have a vocal stance, that is sometimes contrary to those who support the club. But really, I just call as I see it, and make comment. I’m no expert - never said I was - just frustrated!!!!

Either way, I don’t care. This is an anonymous site. I don’t have personal feelings toward anyone on here.
I like reading your posts, but there is a concept you need to embrace, you are not always correct. When people proffer an alternative view you and some debate starts, that’s when you get narky.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote: Fri 06 Aug 2021 9:53pm The Pride Game is about gay pride, it has nothing to do with pride in the jumper. People have been and still are ashamed to say they're gay because of the discrimination gay people have faced. People have been murdered because they are gay or queer. I don't think anyone has been murdered for wearing a St Kilda jumper.
I agree with the sentiments of the Pride Game - I was just calling for some Pride to be shown for the Jumper as well!
I do not see how the 2 things are mutually exclusive.

If this was the Honour Game - I would have called for us to Honour the Jumper

But I should know better - that if you leave any ambiguity it will be viewed in the worst light

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 07 Aug 2021 10:44am
I agree with the sentiments of the Pride Game - I was just calling for some Pride to be shown for the Jumper as well!
I do not see how the 2 things are mutually exclusive.

If this was the Honour Game - I would have called for us to Honour the Jumper

But I should know better - that if you leave any ambiguity it will be viewed in the worst light
Nothing to do with ambiguity SD.
There are certain sacred cows such as race or gay issues that cannot be questioned without causing a ruckus.
You must either follow the prevailing orthodoxy (as determined by the enlightened) or you are a hater/bigot etc!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

So, did the boys do the jumper ‘proud’ last night?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 3:06pm So, did the boys do the jumper ‘proud’ last night?
Yes they did
- Nothing to do with the result - as it turns out - if we play with Pride - and play for the Jumper - we are good enough to beat anyone.

I do not know if you wear the colours - but the point is after the Carlton Game - how many people did you see wearing the colours? And today?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 3:52pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 3:06pm So, did the boys do the jumper ‘proud’ last night?
Yes they did
- Nothing to do with the result - as it turns out - if we play with Pride - and play for the Jumper - we are good enough to beat anyone.

I do not know if you wear the colours - but the point is after the Carlton Game - how many people did you see wearing the colours? And today?
The Carlton and Port games were pathetic, which makes last nights performance, and the one against a Brisbane, even more frustrating.