Training - Friday February 12

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Training - Friday February 12

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 13 Feb 2022 8:38am Less than 3 minutes to go, Dockers nine points up and the ball in the hands of Brad Hill. What could go wrong?
Oops!
Who’s that behind Jack Steven?
Ahh - under-cu-stubble

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
damienc
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022 3:40pm Kyle at it again!

I am loving this.

damienc
Club Player

Saintmike65 wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022 2:10pm Today was a half a scratch match, with most players on the list competing plus a compliment of Sandy players.

NEW PLAYERS

MARCUS WINDHAGER- Didn’t look out of place at all, with his power running able to get him to many contests. Seems to have footy smarts and poise…exciting prospect, alternating between wing and forward.

MITCH OWENS - Not as prominent as Windhager but did some nice things in tight, spending a fair amount of time at centre bounces.

JOSIAH KYLE - Didn’t do a lot but has a lovely shimmy, is quick and dangerous, reminds me a bit of a young Charlie Cameron.

JACK PERIS - Super quick and has a crack…exciting to see him when he adds some size and strength.

JACK HAYES - Took a couple of strong one grab marks and kicked a goal…will be a good pick up and should debut early.

MAX HEATH - I really like his combativeness.
He held his own up against Marshall and didn’t take a backward step, winning a fair bit of possession and hit outs.

TOM CAMBELL - Inaffective and dropped 3 marks he should’ve taken.
Although undersized I think Hayes will be first cap off the rank if Marshall or Ryder are unavailable.

NASIAH WANGANEEN- Milera - Along with Kyle and Peris, NWM was rested half way through but did a couple of nice things.

Of the established players, Higgins and Membrey were outstanding, Paton very prominent, Wood lively between wing and half forward, Joyce did a good job on King, Hill and Sinclair providing run and flair down back, Wilkie, Webster and Howard very solid down back.
No apparent injuries but Young Connelly copped a heavy knock in a contested marking contest in a pack.
Sharman not sited, has looked flat each occasion I’ve seen him.
Thank you so much.

damienc
Club Player

Loving this report.

The new, young academy boys seem to be doing well which is very pleasing.

Really like the look of Josiah Kyle. Didn't attract the attention of the others before we got him on board but he seems to have some special tricks up his sleeve.

If he turns out to be another Charlie Cameron woo hoo.

Also like what we are hearing about Max Heath. How good would it be if we have recruited a genuine, top class, A grade ruck?

Jack Higgins sounds like he is about to have a monster season. Let's hope he stays injury free.

Is this the group that is going to take us to a premiership? Please let it be so.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 13 Feb 2022 7:56am
kosifantutti wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 9:48am
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 12:20am
shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022 11:44pm

I don’t get not rating Hill at all. I think he is one of our best. He had a poor start last year obviously and in 2020 I thought there were times he thought our culture was odd and he wasn’t fitting in. But I still think he is a superstar and I would be shocked if we drop such skill from our side.

So that is the bit I wanted to figure our. I was asking about Sharman but it turned into ‘give Hill a whack’ ..But I understand that too, I’ve done it also, with Kent etc.
I don't know - I still reckon Hills best game for us was at Moorabbin against Hawthorn preseason
He won us the game against the Dockers 3 years ago.
Ummm:
2020 - we lost the one encounter with Freo
2021 - In a 58 point thumping of Freo - Hill does his Achilles

Confused
Maths not your strongest subject SD?

2020 is two years ago
2021 is 1 year ago

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 13 Feb 2022 2:42pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 13 Feb 2022 7:56am
kosifantutti wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 9:48am
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 12:20am
shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022 11:44pm

I don’t get not rating Hill at all. I think he is one of our best. He had a poor start last year obviously and in 2020 I thought there were times he thought our culture was odd and he wasn’t fitting in. But I still think he is a superstar and I would be shocked if we drop such skill from our side.

So that is the bit I wanted to figure our. I was asking about Sharman but it turned into ‘give Hill a whack’ ..But I understand that too, I’ve done it also, with Kent etc.
I don't know - I still reckon Hills best game for us was at Moorabbin against Hawthorn preseason
He won us the game against the Dockers 3 years ago.
Ummm:
2020 - we lost the one encounter with Freo
2021 - In a 58 point thumping of Freo - Hill does his Achilles

Confused
Maths not your strongest subject SD?

2020 is two years ago
2021 is 1 year ago
I was not thinking that the reference would be to him playing FOR Freo when I specifically referred to his best game FOR US. But I now worked out the reference.

PS - Maths was a strong subject - Illogical references not so much - lol :wink:

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Did anyone get down to training today?

Report from Barrels on BF -

Wandered down today.
First up was a kicking drill; a sort of static circle work - clearly aimed at kicking through a press.
- Leo Connolly wasn’t training. Paddy on the bike.
- Peris is absolutely rapid, but tiny.
- Brynes was very vocal and slick by foot. Body looks mature.
- Allison is surprisingly athletic and silky.
- Doogs had a stopped-up schnoz. Must have copped a very early knock.
- NWM is marathon runner skinny, but gets to the right places.
- Kent was lazy and sloppy.

Post 2.

Hill on Long (now Webster)
nB: at the stoppage itself, NWM and DMac are rotating on Steele, but Hanners is obliterating everyone.
It’s Hanners/Steele/Windhager against Jones/DMac/NWM where I am.
Doogs just ruined Max Heath who was trying to shepherd him out… 

Hanners & Gresham in full training and match sim. Billings doing running sessions early then match sim.

shadrock
Club Player

Quick question as an interstate fan who doesnt get over to Melbourne much, but will be in Melbourne for the week leading up to the Round 1 game. Do the Saints have regular training days/time every week? And if so, are any fans able to attend? Where do they train etc? I would love to come watch a training session leading up to round 1.

Second question, at the ground, is there a certain bay or area of the ground im best to get a ticket if i want to sit amongst other St Kilda fans? I would love to be able to get into the Victory room pre/post-game as that seems to be a thing, but no idea how to do so.

Any info appreciated.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

shadrock wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 4:28pm Quick question as an interstate fan who doesnt get over to Melbourne much, but will be in Melbourne for the week leading up to the Round 1 game. Do the Saints have regular training days/time every week? And if so, are any fans able to attend? Where do they train etc? I would love to come watch a training session leading up to round 1.

Second question, at the ground, is there a certain bay or area of the ground im best to get a ticket if i want to sit amongst other St Kilda fans? I would love to be able to get into the Victory room pre/post-game as that seems to be a thing, but no idea how to do so.

Any info appreciated.
Usually, unless you are in the Moorabbin Wing you will have opposition fans scattered throughout the seating - especially if you shell out for Medallion Club seats (well worth it is you can)

Victory Room is only open to the Social Club (unfortunately)

― Aristophanes

spiral3
Club Player

shadrock wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 4:28pm Quick question as an interstate fan who doesnt get over to Melbourne much, but will be in Melbourne for the week leading up to the Round 1 game. Do the Saints have regular training days/time every week? And if so, are any fans able to attend? Where do they train etc? I would love to come watch a training session leading up to round 1.
hey Shadrock, you can call the club about training times, sometimes they’re helpful (sometimes not).
shouldn’t be any issues attending, there is a lot of open space around the ground.
The usually have set days, of late that’s been Mon, Wed, Fri but it may change approaching round 1.
training over summer has been all over the show ( a lot at Sandy oval). guessing they are back at Moorabbin now, intraclub there this week.
Best to call the club or if Tony74 is about he may be able to help you out