The Butler-Higgins Combo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Butler-Higgins Combo

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 22 Mar 2022 8:44am "Impatient Sainter wrote: ↑Mon 21 Mar 2022 7:45pm

Tony74 has said Darren Rath has far too much influence on things, so perhaps we can point the finger at him.
It's David Rath.

https://www.saints.com.au/news/702672/i ... david-rath"

Selected Quotes from that link:

1. Explosive and instinctive players like Jonathon Marsh, Matty Parker and Nicholas Hind – who wield the potential to be deployed as opposition off-setters – could benefit most from Ratten’s philosophy.

2. while Josh Battle’s reading of the play........

Anything wrong with this picture, insights have aged well, si senor Guru?
The ‘rath’ bird ….just like the ‘pelican’ may both go the way of the ‘dodo’ (google is good for finding things :mrgreen: :wink:)

https://www.deviantart.com/vertell/art/ ... -539828225

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Butler-Higgins Combo

Saints58 wrote: Tue 22 Mar 2022 11:02am Why not play Butler on the HBF or midfield if Sinclair in middle he could use his pace to break the lines and has good ball use.
This would ad pace to either defence or the midfield which is sorely lacking right now.
Unfortunately I don't see any if only 1 change for next week and that would be Geary in young guy out I really hope I am wrong with this but that seems to be the process with selection young guys out should give them a go.
I know we did last year and it was great but it was due manly to injury.
I disagree S58 on the Butler to HB. We have plenty whose only spot appears to be on the half back line. Butler is needed forward. What is also needed forward is good, quick midfield delivery.

Sadly you may be right on the 2nd point and if you are then it's official, Ratts is coaching for himself, not the Club's future or the players.

I cannot see them making more than two changes, I just hope that neither Owens or Byrnes get chopped before Kent.