Direct contact

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

outside66
Club Player

Re: Direct contact

The Fireman wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 11:46am
outside66 wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 11:03am I reckon we'd have a better chance of pulling Roo out of retirement before a club official would agree to come onto this garbage forum!
Why do you think it’s a garbage forum ?
I just think it's a pretty stale and negative environment that offers little to nil value - I just scan it because I'm bored and it relates to the Saints. Some other reasons for it being garbage IMO would be; Little to no juice from those that are 'ITK'. Same posters hijacking threads to continue their rolling sniping at each other. Same stupid posts from SunnyBert. Largely misogynistic attitudes and views towards our AFLW team etc

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Fair points

Killa
Club Player

In regard this being a rubbish forum, to quote Macron, I don’t think, I know

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 2:32pm In regard this being a rubbish forum, to quote Macron, I don’t think, I know
Who is Macron ?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 1:06pm
outside66 wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 11:03am I reckon we'd have a better chance of pulling Roo out of retirement before a club official would agree to come onto this garbage forum!
I just think it's a pretty stale and negative environment that offers little to nil value - I just scan it because I'm bored and it relates to the Saints. Some other reasons for it being garbage IMO would be; Little to no juice from those that are 'ITK'. Same posters hijacking threads to continue their rolling sniping at each other. Same stupid posts from SunnyBert. Largely misogynistic attitudes and views towards our AFLW team etc
The SS site is like a dusty well worn copy of Woman's Day on a coffee table in a doctors waiting room, absolute garbage content but you pick it up anyway and flick it through it anyway for some titilation.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 3:18pm
outside66 wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 1:06pm
The SS site is like a dusty well worn copy of Woman's Day on a coffee table in a doctors waiting room, absolute garbage content but you pick it up anyway and flick it through it anyway for some titilation.
For the nothing its worth, I think it is great. I really appreciate all the effort by the forum administrators and the mods. Excellent work guys/gals.
I enjoy reading all your opinions and witticisms. I enjoy the therapeutic effect when we are down. I appreciate the thoughtfulness of Santa in bringing things to attention and admire his unswerving loyalty. I appreciate all the work of Kosi and his dry humour. And Aeon, well, just marvellous.

Now as to the point of the thread, I actually did write to the CEO and suggested the post match message to members seemed so stressful for Brett in recent weeks, except for the Carlton week, that it be shelved for a while and we make do with the presser. I got a quick and most pleasant response that reads in part (and I am sure the Club doesn't mind me posting it) "As anyone who has met Brett or had the pleasure to work with him knows, he does feel deeply and is an extremely passionate person. That being said, he is always more than happy to film a Coaches Message video after the game, be it a win or a loss. We value the transparency we have with our members, as illustrated by our league-leading behind the scenes content, and the post-match Coaches Message forms an important part of maintaining that. Know that the emotion Brett shows in those videos is further evidence of his commitment to the club and his dedication to bringing success to our valued members."

So maybe the Fireman's idea has a chance if we did it respectfully and the administrators could facilitate order.

PS
(Last doctor I visited had Jaguar Club mags and "European Canals Holidays", both notated by his wife. I don't think he bulk billed.
There was a good article in the Jag Mag about the famous Sharman's Boxing Troup. Apparently all Sharman's are good with their hands, great coordination, good footballers all through the generations.)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I agree with you about the forum yorkeys and well said
Last edited by The Fireman on Fri 22 Jul 2022 5:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Teflon wrote: Mon 18 Jul 2022 11:05pm I’m prepared to come in between 6-7pm each night if people would like to ask me questions
I’ll answer all honestly and fairly with the exception of those from old, senile posters whose eye balls constantly roll in their head..
you wont get any questions from them
they subscribe to the motto nothing to see here move on stupid idea

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

seeing how we sponsor a few players - dont we own them?
no probs then - part of the arrangement should be 2 hours of community service spent on here per year

Seeya