IF we dont get DeGoey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: IF we dont get DeGoey

We will not get him, Collingwood must come to its senses and re-sign him. De Goey showed Saturday night why he is the player St Kilda wants. Fast, strong, excellent kick, ability to break tackles, bull-like. And stands up to finals pressure. Thrives on finals pressure it seems.

Saint supporter since '62
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Banger9798 wrote: Tue 13 Sep 2022 10:52am
Saints58 wrote: Tue 13 Sep 2022 10:47am
Goose is king wrote: Mon 12 Sep 2022 7:56pm Any chance we are working on Bing? I’d prefer to let him recover and get him as a free agent when Bing and Ming are absolutely dominate

GS is interested in Clark we should demand a first rounder he is a quality player.
They will baulk at this so we go back to them and ask for Bing he is injured and they now have players who can cover his spot it is a fair trade.
They would want our FRDP and Clark
And some!

We gave up (from memory) a top 10 pick, a second rounder, a third rounder, Acres and a shuffle of picks for Hill.

Based on that it’s this year, next years first rounders plus Clark and a shuffle of picks for Bing.

Melbourne want 2 x top 10 picks for Jackson and GWS want 2 x first round picks for Hopper according to media reports.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

JDG was never going to go to St.Kilda. And there is absolutely no way Collingwood will let him go, particularly after these two BOG performances he’s displayed in the finals thus far.

We should be looking to trade for higher draft picks. End of story!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Because the draft has served us well

Let’s get rid of developed high draft picks
Long
Clark
Billings
Gresham

Replace them with draft picks - and bottom out for 3-5 years

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 13 Sep 2022 12:49pm
Teflon wrote: Tue 13 Sep 2022 12:13am At 28 ?
Who really thinks we are challenging in 2 years ???
Move on from De Goey
Just pray that Lethers and co (who by now realise they’ve stuffed this “windows open flag tilt” by topping up) don’t go out in desperation looking for another Brad Hill messiah deal ,…I wouldn’t put ut past them
“Look over here all you members ….a shiny new toy to keep you distracted ..”
I love these sort of ridiculous posts.

No one can tell who will or won't challenge at any time or year.
$50 says we aren’t top 4 next year ??
Money where mouth is
I’d be happy to pay??
You’re so sure I mean….cause I am
Not top 4 not challenging
I like all your ridiculous posts usually impure whingeing

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 13 Sep 2022 7:24pm Is DeGoey 28?

I thought he was 26 now

Why do we report inaccuracies reported to suit arguments

DeGoey has at least 5 seasons left in him
27 in March
But gee that 1 year just changes the whole argument!

“Yeah….nah””
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Wed 14 Sep 2022 10:36pm
Move on from De Goey
Just pray that Lethers and co (who by now realise they’ve stuffed this “windows open flag tilt” by topping up) don’t go out in desperation looking for another Brad Hill messiah deal ,…I wouldn’t put ut past them

$50 says we aren’t top 4 next year ??
Money where mouth is
I’d be happy to pay??
You’re so sure I mean….cause I am
Not top 4 not challenging
I like all your ridiculous posts usually impure whingeing
Actually, I reckon we're either going to finish top 4 or close to it or bottom 4 or close to it. I really don't expect another mid table finish.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Didn't Tom Green want out from GWS? Wanted to go to Richmond but Richmond won't be able to get him if they're getting Taranto and Hopper. He'd be a huge prize, he will be a star and a beast. Richmond should be looking at him way before Taranto and Hopper. Alas with the loss of Taranto and Hopper, I doubt GWS would want to lose him and may be able to offer him a lot more.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I don't think many players want to come to us while Ratts is coach, as it appears he is not highly regarded around the traps as a cutting edge coach who will get the team up there ladder- nice guy all the same.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Move on from De Goey

Disagree.

I’ll bet you $100k at 10-1 odds that North Melbourne are not top 4 at seasons end in 2023.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Move on from De Goey
I can definitely see that happening with a Nat Fyfe type.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

......we should have a real crack at Will Setterfield. Actually, we should just have a crack anyway.
Low on the pecking order at Carlton but probably ahead of Bytel, Owens and Windy and holds the same genuine potential pedigree. He reminds me of Acres with more insidevpotential.
Would compliment Steele, Ross and Crouch beautifully and could really enhance our bid bodied mids stock with a balanced mid approach.
He seems a lovely field kick in his impressive highlights and he appears ready to take the step from 15 to 20+ possessions a game. Should be a bargain if he nominates us and at 24, 192 and 89kg, he gives us a genuine mid/forward but
the only problem is! he's had 36 shots on goal in 57 games at 30%. King and Lloydy can sort that out though.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I haven’t followed the career of Liam Stocker closely, but maybe people who have could comment

Carlton have delisted Liam Stocker. Is he any good?

https://www.zerohanger.com/former-carlt ... on-127410/

older saint
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 8:29am I haven’t followed the career of Liam Stocker closely, but maybe people who have could comment

From what i have heard he is doesn't have the tank for the midfield and not fast enough for other spots. Carlton people tell me if it wasn't for Silvani and the trade first round pick the following year he would be hardly noticed and no on is surprised they delisted him.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 8:28pm I don't think many players want to come to us while Ratts is coach, as it appears he is not highly regarded around the traps as a cutting edge coach who will get the team up there ladder- nice guy all the same.
Really, is that a fact?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 8:28pm I don't think many players want to come to us while Ratts is coach, as it appears he is not highly regarded around the traps as a cutting edge coach who will get the team up there ladder- nice guy all the same.
I don't think many players want to come to us because we have a bottom 4 list that has a crash and burn look about it and it appears the list is not highly regarded around the traps and is unable to get higher than 10th on the ladder. Apparently players at other clubs looking for a new club refuse to even let their manager talk to the club.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 11:07am
I don't think many players want to come to us because we have a bottom 4 list that has a crash and burn look about it and it appears the list is not highly regarded around the traps and is unable to get higher than 10th on the ladder. Apparently players at other clubs looking for a new club refuse to even let their manager talk to the club.
So you don't think because ..... apparently :lol:

Seems like your sources are rock solid :roll:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 11:34am
Vortex wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 11:07am
So you don't think because ..... apparently :lol:

Seems like your sources are rock solid :roll:
gotta love the internet aye!...maybe I should have used emojis to highlight it was a piss take.

Killa
Club Player

Vortex, really?

I would suggest you go and get vaccinated

And stay off internet sites (when you are not polluting our suburbs on your "freedom" crusade)

And that is not "apparently"

You do not rank Coffield, Gresham, Crouch, Hill, Steele, Clark, King, Billings, Marshall, Howard, Higgins, Battle, Membrey, Paton, Sinclair and Wilkie?

Before you get to Wanganeen-Milera, Windhager and Owens - plus the potential of Heath, Adams and Peris.

Plus who we add to the List for 2023.

Yes, there are structural issues, the requirement being Ruck support for Marshall (Heath), key defender support for Howard (Adams?) and adding class to our mid-field (which makes us different to every other side how exactly?)

There is a dearth of class key position players available across the competition.

Were you in a position to listed to Rattan referring to the 2022 Season - including referencing the development of Heath and Peris at VFL level (straight from the Under 18 Competition)?

You will note that from the aforementioned names, Coffield, Gresham, Steele, Clark, Billings, Marshall, Howard and Higgins had injury impacted seasons - and (as mentioned by Rattan), Paton was coming back from a badly broken leg.

Perhaps you could learn to listen more to what is being said by those in positions to actually know.

Thought not!!!!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 12:03pm Vortex, really?

I would suggest you go and get vaccinated

And stay off internet sites (when you are not polluting our suburbs on your "freedom" crusade)

And that is not "apparently"

You do not rank Coffield, Gresham, Crouch, Hill, Steele, Clark, King, Billings, Marshall, Howard, Higgins, Battle, Membrey, Paton, Sinclair and Wilkie?

Before you get to Wanganeen-Milera, Windhager and Owens - plus the potential of Heath, Adams and Peris.

Plus who we add to the List for 2023.

Yes, there are structural issues, the requirement being Ruck support for Marshall (Heath), key defender support for Howard (Adams?) and adding class to our mid-field (which makes us different to every other side how exactly?)

There is a dearth of class key position players available across the competition.

Were you in a position to listed to Rattan referring to the 2022 Season - including referencing the development of Heath and Peris at VFL level (straight from the Under 18 Competition)?

You will note that from the aforementioned names, Coffield, Gresham, Steele, Clark, Billings, Marshall, Howard and Higgins had injury impacted seasons - and (as mentioned by Rattan), Paton was coming back from a badly broken leg.

Perhaps you could learn to listen more to what is being said by those in positions to actually know.

Thought not!!!!
It still kills you that I was right about the ineffective dodgy and very expensive junk vaccine.

But back on footy matters before the vaccine police arrive...The ladder doesn't lie. It's a middle of the ladder list at best and is in desperate need of repair on EVERY line. We are missing key positional players on every line. Sandy is a shambles and has zero AFL capable players. I can't see us turning things around unless we get ultra lucky at the trade table this year and next year.

The current list is capable of maybe reaching as high as 6th to 8th if they have incredible luck with injury which as we know never happens and because we have zero depth below about 10th or 12th on the list we are not able to bring in players to cover injury.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 8:29am I haven’t followed the career of Liam Stocker closely, but maybe people who have could comment

I'd place in in the same category with Bytel and Setterfield. Definitely worth a shot in the midfield. Would be a decent replacement for Long, tough, reliable, hard at it but has his floors.

Struggled with injury, has missed almost a whole year and also poor development, 3 coaches at Carlton in his first 4 years. Starved for midfield time at but has played on and contained some big tasks, similar to Paton in defence.

Probably a better in and under midfielder as a junior, than he looks as a defender but probably no better than Dunstan was.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

JDG gone totally missing in the Prelim

How to completely disappear .......

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we just upped our offer.

saintkid
Club Player

Hickey's been great again. :)

saintkid
Club Player

...and saved the game for them. We're constantly reminded of what a dumb club we have been for the last 11 years with our list management.
Watch us rue the loss of Long next year.