Caminiti in line for round 1 debut

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Caminiti in line for round 1 debut

B.M wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 4:58pm One thing I really like about Caminiti is the was he presents himself physically

He is a specimen with no body fat!

Lean and shredded

Means he takes diet and fitness seriously and acts how a pro athlete should - let’s just hope he can play

Some who have been in the AFL for 5-6 years are not even remotely similar.

Highly paid pro athletes - with nothing better to do than train - should present like elite athletes!
Yeah going to be a really interesting watch within the game to see how he handles the grade.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 10:58pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 16 Mar 2023 12:12pm Last night on Footy Classified, one of the things that Ross said was that he’s changed. He implied that he’s not exactly Cuddly Ross as has been suggested, but that he will try and develop relationships with his players. In the past he said there was more of a ‘wall’ between coach and player.

In a way, that can be a good thing in that you build trust and you show faith in someone and then they reward you with great effort.

Perhaps at some stage the player rewards the team down the track with an important win, but in another way it means that maybe you’re personal feelings might get in the way of making tough decisions on players or maybe you lose a player you haven’t given enough opportunity to, because you’ve been favouring others.

At the moment, with our injury toll, it seems Ross has no choice and it makes the selection committees job easy to pick a team. When it’s a choice between Sharman vs Caminiti or Sharman vs Hayes or Sharman vs Pou or Sharman versus a small nimble forward, that will be when we learn what they really think of Coops
That’s actually not at all remotely like what he said OR implied
What he said was in the past he’s built that wall between club and at times fans….this time he wants St Kilda fans to be part of the journey….especially in our 150th year he suggested
IF Ross Lyon has done 1 thing well he has ALWAYS been able to build strong relationships with his players - see Freo/Saints players of past years who still speak so highly of him and his previous internal “bubble” approach
The wall had nothing to do with his player relationships

Ross tends to blend phrases together and his sentences are a bit disjointed but this is what he said:

“ …really for my demenour…behind closed doors, I think I was always (had this element to me) with my players…there was a clear divide” After the word ‘players’ he gestures with hand flat - thumb pointing to ceiling and his arm goes up and down.

This is Ross implying the wall was up between coach and player at times. You cannot interpret it any other way. I suggest you watch it again. I just did.

He was answering a question from Bartel about how he would be different this time around. I used the word ‘wall’ in my first post because it’s what he meant with the word ‘divide’ and it’s what I saw (with the arm gesture) which was clearly his way of emphasising the divide between coach and player.

Ross then goes on to talk about the other things regarding engaging the fans. They are two seperate discussions however Ross wants to answer Bartel with a lot more aspects of ‘how he’ll be different’ than probably Jimmy was looking for.

If you want to argue that what you wrote above is true and carry on, that’s up to you. I won’t be replying any further

Edit…found it on Saints website. From 2.30 onwards…

https://www.saints.com.au/video/1282934 ... 8939033001

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 10:58pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 16 Mar 2023 12:12pm Last night on Footy Classified, one of the things that Ross said was that he’s changed. He implied that he’s not exactly Cuddly Ross as has been suggested, but that he will try and develop relationships with his players. In the past he said there was more of a ‘wall’ between coach and player.

In a way, that can be a good thing in that you build trust and you show faith in someone and then they reward you with great effort.

Perhaps at some stage the player rewards the team down the track with an important win, but in another way it means that maybe you’re personal feelings might get in the way of making tough decisions on players or maybe you lose a player you haven’t given enough opportunity to, because you’ve been favouring others.

At the moment, with our injury toll, it seems Ross has no choice and it makes the selection committees job easy to pick a team. When it’s a choice between Sharman vs Caminiti or Sharman vs Hayes or Sharman vs Pou or Sharman versus a small nimble forward, that will be when we learn what they really think of Coops
That’s actually not at all remotely like what he said OR implied
What he said was in the past he’s built that wall between club and at times fans….this time he wants St Kilda fans to be part of the journey….especially in our 150th year he suggested
IF Ross Lyon has done 1 thing well he has ALWAYS been able to build strong relationships with his players - see Freo/Saints players of past years who still speak so highly of him and his previous internal “bubble” approach
The wall had nothing to do with his player relationships
I will back scollops interpretation, thank you all the same.

StPeter
Club Player

I love the fact that Caminiti is playing his first game with us courtesy of a passing remark Jack Silvagni made to SOS about his form in a training session.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/how-jack ... JuSKlgtUb8