Anyone see this?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anyone see this?

I have a vision of a luxury motor yacht, moored in a scenic inlet off the coast of Corsica, with a view of the Mediterranean sunset.

Delicious seafood on the Barbie out on deck. Lindsay Fox is entertaining guests and pours Eddie McQuire some plonk from his special bottle of this or that. They have a big screen connected to satellite 📡 and Skype .. and Eddie is chatting to his new ‘mate’ Ross Lyon, buying a bit of Fox love for having access to Ross while they discuss Eddie and his Super Bowl ventures.

It irks me that they are a tight circle of media-mates, footy-friends, real estate developers, and that they are basically soaking it up.

Miserable bastard I may be, but I hope none of this vision can be true.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 8:33pm
Brunswicksainter wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 6:55pm
saynta wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 2:09pm Just more shade thrown at us from Harry Highpants who is well know to have no respect for the Saints along with his s*** club.

Why the f*** would players like Banger, Lenny, Gears, Rooey permit a drinking culture to exist in the club.

Just nonsense and exactly what turds like Wilson and Cornes want to hear.

RTB described Moorabbin as a very special place and he would not have returned if there was an ounce of truth in those defamatory comments.

I hope the club sues the dropkick.
Mate I hate to break it to you but I’ve seen first hand the party culture of the club over the past few years. Although I’m completely sure this exists at every club.
If that was true, it would have made it to the Media last year. There is no proof, so probably people making things up.
Doesn’t seem like a huge stretch that the playing list may have been less focused on training/fitness over the last few years…
Steven went off the rails
Stories RE Hannebery and Jones
Inability to run games out
A number of players that seemingly never got close to their peak fitness
Skills that never improved

There’s the story as well of RTB laying the law down with a number of players at season’s beginning with a subsequent turnaround in the club’s fortunes (though a connection between the two in isolation is a stretch)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 8:38pm I have a vision of a luxury motor yacht, moored in a scenic inlet off the coast of Corsica, with a view of the Mediterranean sunset.

Delicious seafood on the Barbie out on deck. Lindsay Fox is entertaining guests and pours Eddie McQuire some plonk from his special bottle of this or that. They have a big screen connected to satellite 📡 and Skype .. and Eddie is chatting to his new ‘mate’ Ross Lyon, buying a bit of Fox love for having access to Ross while they discuss Eddie and his Super Bowl ventures.

It irks me that they are a tight circle of media-mates, footy-friends, real estate developers, and that they are basically soaking it up.

Miserable bastard I may be, but I hope none of this vision can be true.
Who the f*** is Eddie McQuire?

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

As I've said many times on this forum, just another case of the footy scribe's doing what they do best slagging off the Saints. And we can't really tell them to F ...off as they and all other supporters go the old mocking line " that's why they've never won anything ! "
What with our average list and injuries all the experts have written us off this year .
Lloyd would never speak the truth that nine times out of ten he's talking out his arse , so it's " the last few year's they've all been on the turps to much .
But as supporters of any club , what would you prefer .
Players having a few beers after a game and on their day off or player's having a few coke & ice's emulating Cus ?

In red white and black from 73
Killa
Club Player

Absent Lindsay Fox and Lindsay’s “clout” thru Linfox there would be no St Kilda FC

There was a major bank which was the Secured Creditor

That major bank was central to the Scheme of Arrangement - absent their agreement there was no Scheme of Arrangement

And you can take that to the bank

Those were the days of the Football Club and the Social Club being 2 distinct organisations, the Social Club passing donations to the Football Club at their discretion exclusively

The 2 entities continued - until finally they amalgamated

There was much agro between the 2

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

saintly wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 8:33pm
Brunswicksainter wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 6:55pm
saynta wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 2:09pm Just more shade thrown at us from Harry Highpants who is well know to have no respect for the Saints along with his s*** club.

Why the f*** would players like Banger, Lenny, Gears, Rooey permit a drinking culture to exist in the club.

Just nonsense and exactly what turds like Wilson and Cornes want to hear.

RTB described Moorabbin as a very special place and he would not have returned if there was an ounce of truth in those defamatory comments.

I hope the club sues the dropkick.
Mate I hate to break it to you but I’ve seen first hand the party culture of the club over the past few years. Although I’m completely sure this exists at every club.
If that was true, it would have made it to the Media last year. There is no proof, so probably people making things up.
Quite possibly the most naive comment I have ever read. Frequent the bathroom of electric bar, the Osborne or the Albion on a Saturday night and you will have all the proof you need. Again an issue at all clubs.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 9:29pm Absent Lindsay Fox and Lindsay’s “clout” thru Linfox there would be no St Kilda FC

There was a major bank which was the Secured Creditor

That major bank was central to the Scheme of Arrangement - absent their agreement there was no Scheme of Arrangement

And you can take that to the bank

Those were the days of the Football Club and the Social Club being 2 distinct organisations, the Social Club passing donations to the Football Club at their discretion exclusively

The 2 entities continued - until finally they amalgamated

There was much agro between the 2
I remember having a piss one night in the social club loo in '80s along with L Fox, and he said to my face " there's no way that South Melbourne are going to Sydney" ..nothing much to do with this thread, but there ya go

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 4:18pm They should be looking at their own especially Stringer. A bit rich coming from Lloyd especially with the drug culture at Essendon.
Spot on
Shyte human Stringer
But it’s more Lloyd “conflicted” rubbish
He’s one of the least insightful football media types I’ve ever heard offers NOTHING by way of intellectual analysis just tries to be a shock jock
How about his previous pathetic attempts to throw shade at Saints suggesting King might be better at Bombers
Shameless **** head
His club are THE WORST EVER in AFL history for bringing the game into disrepute abd he still has the audacity to sling mud
Coke-head.

“Yeah….nah””
Banger9798
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 2:56pm i would like to see caros wig on hutchy
Yep, I'll get behind that.
Can we start a campaign?

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2023 8:36am
The Fireman wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 2:56pm i would like to see caros wig on hutchy
Yep, I'll get behind that.
Can we start a campaign?
I'm in. 8-) :lol:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 9:45pm
magnifisaint wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2023 4:18pm They should be looking at their own especially Stringer. A bit rich coming from Lloyd especially with the drug culture at Essendon.
Spot on
Shyte human Stringer
But it’s more Lloyd “conflicted” rubbish
He’s one of the least insightful football media types I’ve ever heard offers NOTHING by way of intellectual analysis just tries to be a shock jock
How about his previous pathetic attempts to throw shade at Saints suggesting King might be better at Bombers
Shameless **** head
His club are THE WORST EVER in AFL history for bringing the game into disrepute abd he still has the audacity to sling mud
Coke-head.
All true.

Templar
Club Player

Flog Lloyd on Jack Crisp. "It's tough for all parties involved. Jack and his whole family and the CFC going into the next game." Commiserating tone essentially: "Commiserations. Poor Jack."

I don't give a s*** what Crisp does in his own time but imagine Lloyd if this was a Saint's player. He would be gleefully cracking his Harry High Pant's whip in every direction and on every outlet and go on all week about culture, lack of discipline etc etc. His disparaging glee would know no bounds. Prick.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!