Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sebastian Tombs
Club Player

Re: Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

So let me get this right if you racially vilified someone and your in the crowd you get a life time ban , but if your a player on the ground and do it you get six weeks yeah that seems fair 🙄

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Sebastian Tombs wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 9:09am So let me get this right if you racially vilified someone and your in the crowd you get a life time ban , but if your a player on the ground and do it you get six weeks yeah that seems fair 🙄
Allegedly, the the vilified gets 3 weeks for reacting.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

How do they enforce it?

Do the ticket sales people keep mug shots of the racists in those little booths?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
happy feet
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 11:07am How do they enforce it?

Do the ticket sales people keep mug shots of the racists in those little booths?
You will find that they have facial recognition systems in place in most large venues. If you go to a shopping centre they have these systems and they record data like foot traffic, male &Female and age.They use these demographics in many ways from planning, marketing and so on. Facial recognition systems in airports and other security settings are more complex, they measure the bone structure of the face and the difference between features, say distance between eyes so that growing a beard or dying your hair will not trick the system.

So, you can almost guarantee, that wherever you go, someone is watching you.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 10:52pm Every club has to deal with the go home factor- fact is, Hobart is a beautiful (albeit trendy) city

With a footy culture

It will have elite facilities

An under roof stadium- which will be packed every game

Players will be able to afford to live in the best suburbs

For 500k - 1M I’d be happy to relocate there for work
Coldest place I have ever stayed in. That wind off the mountain cuts you to the bone. Yeah, the ground needs a roof.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 9:26am
Sebastian Tombs wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 9:09am So let me get this right if you racially vilified someone and your in the crowd you get a life time ban , but if your a player on the ground and do it you get six weeks yeah that seems fair 🙄
Allegedly, the the vilified gets 3 weeks for reacting.
Spot on mate, spot on. Funny thing, the journos never mentioned anything

Saint 58
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 9:46pm
saynta wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 9:07pm Tasmania won't have to worry about the go home factor as they will be the only team allowed to draft Tassie talent.
LOL - even possibly Roo's children when the time comes.
Actually a smart move by Roo
We will draft his boys as Cat B rookies
No draft picks involved which we can then use in the national draft 😁😁

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
Saints58
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 3:08pm Unfortunately this type of behaviour is still very prevalent everywhere in society including this forum. The challenge is amongst that group of ppl that harbour those negative attitudes but know what they can and can’t say and walk around the line rather than cross it.

All you can really do is confront it directly when it rears its ugly head up in terms of behaviour and hope that with enough education and pressure, people see the error of their ways.

Certainly the worst of it I’ve ever copped has been here on this forum (which all things considered makes me pretty lucky), which is why I talk a lot less about my background. Those types of posts wouldn’t fly these days but you still catch snippets of it in people’s mannerisms

“Why would I watch that foreign sport”
“Your type”

Or you see it with people that always have issues with minorities or people of other cultures that take a stand against the bias - that’s when politics is sports is often not ok.

All in all though… every generation seems better than the next and I really think the young ppl coming through today really believe in the message of inclusiveness + respect and will put this to bed for us

can relate to the ethnicity slur a lot as a kid growing up.

Rubyjo
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 11:50am
B.M wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 10:52pm Every club has to deal with the go home factor- fact is, Hobart is a beautiful (albeit trendy) city

With a footy culture

Coldest place I have ever stayed in. That wind off the mountain cuts you to the bone. Yeah, the ground needs a roof.
Haven't you been to Kyneton or Europe ..?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Or Canberra or Ballerat

FFS
NFL players play in the snow!!!!

It’s a winter sport - BTW winter in Melbourne isn’t great

ace
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 9:07pm Tasmania won't have to worry about the go home factor as they will be the only team allowed to draft Tassie talent.
I saw something along the lines that son of player drafted from Tassie like the Riewoldts would qualify for both Tassie and dad's club.
They would get to nominate like Rice got to choose St Kilda or Carlton.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Sebastian Tombs
Club Player

ace wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 5:31pm
I saw something along the lines that son of player drafted from Tassie like the Riewoldts would qualify for both Tassie and dad's club.
Hmmmm Nick was drafted from Queensland

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Sebastian Tombs wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 5:50pm
ace wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 5:31pm
Hmmmm Nick was drafted from Queensland
Born in Tassie though

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 2:58pm
saynta wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 11:50am

With a footy culture

Haven't you been to Kyneton or Europe ..?
Europe, no. Kyneton, maybe as a child.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 3:16pm Or Canberra or Ballerat

FFS

Canberra may get a colder temperature than Hobart, but the sky will be shinning and there is not the wind chill factor. So, I will stick with the city just to the north of the South Pole.

Ballarat and Goulburn might give Hobart a run for its money but my money would still be on Hobart

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 3:16pm Or Canberra or Ballerat

FFS

I don't know a place or city were the NFL plays that snows.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Did the person who racially vilified Jamarra Ugle-Hagen get a ban? Still can’t believe a Saints fan did that 🤦‍♂️

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 3:39pm Will the people booing JHF get a lifetime ban??
How about all those numpties that booed Adam Goodes? Retrospective bans for the lot of them!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 5:28pm Did the person who racially vilified Jamarra Ugle-Hagen get a ban? Still can’t believe a Saints fan did that 🤦‍♂️

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 3:39pm Will the people booing JHF get a lifetime ban??
How about all those numpties that booed Adam Goodes? Retrospective bans for the lot of them!
Milney says Hi

― Aristophanes

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 5:28pm Did the person who racially vilified Jamarra Ugle-Hagen get a ban? Still can’t believe a Saints fan did that 🤦‍♂️

I never booed Goodes but I think that at least a percentage of those that did, did so because he was an out and out thug.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 6:48pm

Milney says Hi
Mickie Milkshake should be banned retrospectively as well. What he said was disgraceful and the arseclown one time had thoughts of one day coaching the Saints.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 3:08pm Unfortunately this type of behaviour is still very prevalent everywhere in society including this forum. The challenge is amongst that group of ppl that harbour those negative attitudes but know what they can and can’t say and walk around the line rather than cross it.

All you can really do is confront it directly when it rears its ugly head up in terms of behaviour and hope that with enough education and pressure, people see the error of their ways.

Certainly the worst of it I’ve ever copped has been here on this forum (which all things considered makes me pretty lucky), which is why I talk a lot less about my background. Those types of posts wouldn’t fly these days but you still catch snippets of it in people’s mannerisms

“Your type”

Or you see it with people that always have issues with minorities or people of other cultures that take a stand against the bias - that’s when politics is sports is often not ok.

All in all though… every generation seems better than the next and I really think the young ppl coming through today really believe in the message of inclusiveness + respect and will put this to bed for us
Its actually not very prevalent.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sat 06 May 2023 5:43pm If only we had the same rule here!
Wouldn't that warm your little authoritarian heart.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 11:07am How do they enforce it?

They can't enforce it without unacceptably traversing people's privacy

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 7:23pm

“Your type”

It’s not blatant…
But in my experience, it’s very much prevalent

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 7:35pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 7:23pm

“Your type”

It’s not blatant…
But in my experience, it’s very much prevalent
Are you talking about vilification in general, or racism specifically?