Gresham out; Connolly In

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gresham out; Connolly In

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 3:55pm
Teflon wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 3:46pm Always liked Leo
Can use it….
Peris? Not so much
What's very clear is that RtB likes runners. Above pretty much everything else. There's no better runner in the entire AFL than Peris. And it's not even close
Not this week

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 7:29pm Out of curiosity, who do we think is facing the most pressure this Sunday...
Caminiti
Sharman
Membrey
Butler
Byrnes
Paton
or another???

Some reasonable players are looking to be playing AFL in the next one to three weeks.
Membrey - based on performances
Paton - Webster looms

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I heard from an internal source (not T74) that both Billings and Marshall were given a rocket by RTB in the pre season.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Rubyjo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 8:34pm I heard from an internal source (not T74) that both Billings and Marshall were given a rocket by RTB in the pre season.
Please explain

Rubyjo
Club Player

Looking forward to the team without Gresham . It's fine to be unpredictable to the opposition but if your team mates arnt on the same page it can be hopeless ..

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 7:53pm
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 7:29pm Out of curiosity, who do we think is facing the most pressure this Sunday...
Caminiti
Sharman
Membrey
Butler
Byrnes
Paton
or another???

Some reasonable players are looking to be playing AFL in the next one to three weeks.
I’m a bit uncertain of where & who this pressure is coming from on these players GL.

Do you mean pressure from the Club & coaches?

Or do you mean pressure from some of the experts on SS?

Now that is what I call pressure, all of the players you mention, bar one, Caminiti, have at some stage been ‘whipping boys’ of some of our SS experts.

I’ll closely read the match day thread to see if, ‘Heaven to Betsy’ one of these whipping boys is stupid enough to make a mistake and, thereby leave a big target 🎯 on his back for the baying mob of experts to crucify him mercilessly. Now that is real pressure being placed on some of the favourite whipping boys of SS experts.
Who cares what RTB, Boris, Haves, Lenny & match selection team think of the said players output & adherence to their roles? That’s all small stuff, compared with SS experts on ‘whipping boys’ with knives at the ready.
Club, coaches & the players themselves loris. As much as I hang on the wisdom & musings of SS posters, it is the ones that actually have some say that matter.

I merely named the obvious, a.k.a. the 'whipping boys', so as not to alienate any in our readership.

Personally my view is that Membrey may be feeling some pressure, elsewhere it is up to those not in the side to say they must be chosen.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 8:41pm
SaintPav wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 8:34pm I heard from an internal source (not T74) that both Billings and Marshall were given a rocket by RTB in the pre season.
Please explain
I did at the time a few months back which has since been confirmed by comments made by RL around training standards, lifestyle choices etc.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 8:48pm
loris wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 7:53pm
Caminiti
Sharman
Membrey
Butler
Byrnes
Paton
or another???

I’m a bit uncertain of where & who this pressure is coming from on these players GL.

Do you mean pressure from the Club & coaches?

Or do you mean pressure from some of the experts on SS?

Now that is what I call pressure, all of the players you mention, bar one, Caminiti, have at some stage been ‘whipping boys’ of some of our SS experts.

I’ll closely read the match day thread to see if, ‘Heaven to Betsy’ one of these whipping boys is stupid enough to make a mistake and, thereby leave a big target 🎯 on his back for the baying mob of experts to crucify him mercilessly. Now that is real pressure being placed on some of the favourite whipping boys of SS experts.
Who cares what RTB, Boris, Haves, Lenny & match selection team think of the said players output & adherence to their roles? That’s all small stuff, compared with SS experts on ‘whipping boys’ with knives at the ready.
Club, coaches & the players themselves loris. As much as I hang on the wisdom & musings of SS posters, it is the ones that actually have some say that matter.

I merely named the obvious, a.k.a. the 'whipping boys', so as not to alienate any in our readership.

Personally my view is that Membrey may be feeling some pressure, elsewhere it is up to those not in the side to say they must be chosen.
Interestingly, Steele has pretty much had little focus yet his return has been as average as Membreys. Both returning from injuries, neither are spring chickens...although Steele is younger by a season.

I give both some time to improve. That said, Tim's position exposes you much more than Jacks. Jack can get low disposals & do an avg job tagging and come away without anyone frying him on the grill...a forward has low marks, low scoring, its flames to feet...much more visible...