Pathetic

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Re: Pathetic

In my opinion, Membrey should have come in to replace Owens.
I can guarantee that Sicily wouldn't have had such a dominant game against him instead of a kid playing his 7th or 8th game.
Sicily, just brushed him aside all the time because he was simply stronger, would not have brushed Membrey aside so easily and probably would have lost a few times.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Rubyjo
Club Player

RTB has not looked happy for a few weeks ..he knows he is up against it and the first few rounds were an anomaly

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Tommyj wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 6:25pm That's it for me why the hell we don't play Campbell is really pissing me off Marshall gets murdered in the ruck against taller opponents he's great around the ground that's it. How the hell Ross Camino gets a game over membery and winger is beyond belief sorry about grammar drunk and angry
:lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Rubyjo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 6:56pm
Tommyj wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 6:25pm That's it for me why the hell we don't play Campbell is really pissing me off Marshall gets murdered in the ruck against taller opponents he's great around the ground that's it. How the hell Ross Camino gets a game over membery and winger is beyond belief sorry about grammar drunk and angry
:lol:
Skank is concussed. W I ndy should play hic

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Membrey is play right now at Sandy - was available

Saint 58
Club Player

Just call the season
We've been punching above our weight since the start
Play all the kids for the rest of the year
Let's see who can do what

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 7:25pm Membrey is play right now at Sandy - was available
That’s correct.

Too many trolls who come on here right after a loss.

Usual suspects who never post during the week or after a win.

Now, that IS pathetic!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

To be fair, Hawthorn played pretty well, with few turnovers or skill errors and were harder at the ball around the packs. Their kicking for goal was reminiscent of ours in the past, except we usually lose those ones.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

perfectionist wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 7:37pm To be fair, Hawthorn played pretty well, with few turnovers or skill errors and were harder at the ball around the packs. Their kicking for goal was reminiscent of ours in the past, except we usually lose those ones.
Every side miraculously seems to play pretty well against us. All the time. Pretty incredible.

nobhead
Club Player

perfectionist wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 7:37pm To be fair, Hawthorn played pretty well, with few turnovers or skill errors and were harder at the ball around the packs. Their kicking for goal was reminiscent of ours in the past, except we usually lose those ones.
Correct , this loss has been coming for a few weeks now.the most disapointing thing was imo the lack of effort especially from our experienced players .broken takles ,stagnant ball movement,poor descion making.all to familiar from the same players year after year.personaly i would like to see some massive changes especialy on ball .
Windy,bytel,owens would be a good start.
Need to see something different ,we know what we get from ross,byrnes,paton etc...
Can't keep doing the same things expecting different results.

saintkid
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 7:41pm
Every side miraculously seems to play pretty well against us. All the time. Pretty incredible.
Exactly. This bullsh*t mentality has to stop. We seriously were rudderless and insipid for most of the match, like Adelaide and North. Only reason we beat North is because they were not good enough to capitalize on our sh*t play.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 6:42pm In my opinion, Membrey should have come in to replace Owens.
9 disposals in 3 quarters, 2 marks, zero scoring shots. At VFL level.

Membrey is done. Doesn't fit the forward pressure gameplan either.

Club Player

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 5:41pm Ross Lyon (as much as I love the tactics) has smoked us. The game plan is strong. It reminds me a lot like Melbourne with more tackling and pressure to force turnover. What separates Melbourne from us is that Melbourne are clean with the ball and can win it. When you are clean and can win the ball you do less and less of that two way running. Less and less of two way running results in less fatigue and running related injuries and your players aren’t smoked every from fatigue every game.

I look at our players and we are so buggered. Look at Max King throwing up at 3/4 time. Look at all the hamstrings, the calf’s and contact injuries we sustained due to going high speed all the time.

We always chose the ball butchers in selection who f*** over the rest of the boys in the team and fatigue us. I’m calling out Paton, Byrnes (sorry he’s not good everyone his disposal efficiency is horrendous), Ross, Howard, Hill (at times), Phillipou (at times) and even golden boy NWM (at times).

For all the at times… it’s the turnover and the guy running from the other team mates over the course of the game that cause these players to miss targets.

We lost today because Ross Lyon and selection committee keep selecting these duds that aren’t taking us anywhere. Windhager got top in all time trials and his efficiency is amazing. Why can’t he take Ross spot when his contract is finishing at the end of the year? He could taken Byrnes spot and play wing for all I care. Can at least win the ball and has efficiency. Why aren’t we playing him?

Bytel … can take Ross spot as he’s clean by handball and GUESS WHAT can win his own ball. Why aren’t we playing him?

Dougal Howard … defence is trash at the moment. Not clean at all. Highmore, better efficiency why aren’t we playing him?

Connolly - probably one of our best users in Sandringham and is very clean with the ball and has run can’t even get a game. Probably would have had a better game than Phillipou.

It’s selection integrity at the moment and it’s the same when we were with Ratts. Yet our club doesn’t do anything about it.

This loss is disgusting and we should be embarrassed. Get some of these kids in the team. Why persist with players who haven’t got us going in the past than why do we think they will in the future?
Be careful for suggesting Windy, Highmore and Bytel get a game. You will be told ' I am glad people on this forum don't get to select the side'. Too many plodders in this side but let's not make changes in the year of exploration.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 8:03pm
Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 6:42pm In my opinion, Membrey should have come in to replace Owens.

Spot on
Anyone thinking Membrey is the cavalry is delusional he’s another - cooked
We can’t keep going back to the sane well
Owens Bytel Windhager need to go through that midfield
Owens can rest forward

“Yeah….nah””
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 5:25pm The door is that way. Like all the richmond supporters that tore up their memberships in the bad years, don't deserve to follow the club.
Maybe the club doesn't deserve the loyal supporters it has?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 9:11pm
Otiman wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 5:25pm The door is that way. Like all the richmond supporters that tore up their memberships in the bad years, don't deserve to follow the club.
Like I said - the door is that way. If anyone wants the club to relocate to Tassie, or support GWS instead - go for it.

FQF

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I think even Blind Freddy would play Campbell.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 9:21pm
Play a 31 year old over Max Heath? No thanks.

Campbell is an insurance policy for Marshall, and to help our developing rucks.

I can't see a side where both Campbell and Marshall are selected.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 9:19pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 9:11pm
Like I said - the door is that way. If anyone wants the club to relocate to Tassie, or support GWS instead - go for it.

FQF
Maybe supporters like you are the problem?
Apologists for insipid performances and glaring selection omissions.
Today was a putrid performance against what is comfortably the 3rd worst team in the comp...And it needs to be criticised.
We almost pinched it and only played, at best, a quarter and a bit of good footy. Any kind of effort and desire would have won the game. Better selections on Thursday and some cooler heads might not have let the last five goals sail by.

At this point of the season, we are in a worse position than last season...and we all know how that ended.

But, no, let's tell critics to go and support GWS. Clever.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 9:57pm But, no, let's tell critics to go and support GWS. Clever.
Read the first post in the thread again.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 9:08pm

Spot on
Owens can rest forward
So, were we expecting Membrey to kick 10 goals for Sandy tonight?
Would Sicily been able to push him around as easily as he pushed Caminiti out of the way? That's not a slant on Caminiti, he's just a kid who hasn't played 10 games yet, he hasn't developed the body strength to go one on one with Sicily.
A forward line of King, Membrey and Caminiti sounds pretty good with Owens drifting down there from the midfield.
Plus, Caminiti and Membrey would give us stronger midfield marking options in the midfield while we are coming out of defence.
No, Membrey isn't caviar, bit he gives us a 3rd option forward and takes the 2nd best defender.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Rubyjo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 7:35pm
B.M wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 7:25pm Membrey is play right now at Sandy - was available
That’s correct.

Too many trolls who come on here right after a loss.

Usual suspects who never post during the week or after a win.

Now, that IS pathetic!
So committed

Rubyjo
Club Player

1971 wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 8:41pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 5:41pm Ross Lyon (as much as I love the tactics) has smoked us. The game plan is strong. It reminds me a lot like Melbourne with more tackling and pressure to force turnover. What separates Melbourne from us is that Melbourne are clean with the ball and can win it. When you are clean and can win the ball you do less and less of that two way running. Less and less of two way running results in less fatigue and running related injuries and your players aren’t smoked every from fatigue every game.

I look at our players and we are so buggered. Look at Max King throwing up at 3/4 time. Look at all the hamstrings, the calf’s and contact injuries we sustained due to going high speed all the time.

We always chose the ball butchers in selection who f*** over the rest of the boys in the team and fatigue us. I’m calling out Paton, Byrnes (sorry he’s not good everyone his disposal efficiency is horrendous), Ross, Howard, Hill (at times), Phillipou (at times) and even golden boy NWM (at times).

For all the at times… it’s the turnover and the guy running from the other team mates over the course of the game that cause these players to miss targets.

We lost today because Ross Lyon and selection committee keep selecting these duds that aren’t taking us anywhere. Windhager got top in all time trials and his efficiency is amazing. Why can’t he take Ross spot when his contract is finishing at the end of the year? He could taken Byrnes spot and play wing for all I care. Can at least win the ball and has efficiency. Why aren’t we playing him?

Bytel … can take Ross spot as he’s clean by handball and GUESS WHAT can win his own ball. Why aren’t we playing him?

Dougal Howard … defence is trash at the moment. Not clean at all. Highmore, better efficiency why aren’t we playing him?

Connolly - probably one of our best users in Sandringham and is very clean with the ball and has run can’t even get a game. Probably would have had a better game than Phillipou.

It’s selection integrity at the moment and it’s the same when we were with Ratts. Yet our club doesn’t do anything about it.

This loss is disgusting and we should be embarrassed. Get some of these kids in the team. Why persist with players who haven’t got us going in the past than why do we think they will in the future?
Be careful for suggesting Windy, Highmore and Bytel get a game. You will be told ' I am glad people on this forum don't get to select the side'. Too many plodders in this side but let's not make changes in the year of exploration.
Did A I take over wtf

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 9:48pm
saynta wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 9:21pm
Play a 31 year old over Max Heath? No thanks.

Campbell is an insurance policy for Marshall, and to help our developing rucks.

I can't see a side where both Campbell and Marshall are selected.
We sadly need a ruckman that can win the centre bounce and throw-ins. Someone who can tap it down the throat of a mid like Campbell was doing, albeit in the VFL. While Marshall is a good player around the ground, he is just a little too short (as is Max Heath). We never seem to get consistent first use, and when we do, we get that kick that Gresham did near the end.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 11:18pm
Teflon wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 9:08pm

Spot on
Owens can rest forward
So, were we expecting Membrey to kick 10 goals for Sandy tonight?
Would Sicily been able to push him around as easily as he pushed Caminiti out of the way? That's not a slant on Caminiti, he's just a kid who hasn't played 10 games yet, he hasn't developed the body strength to go one on one with Sicily.
A forward line of King, Membrey and Caminiti sounds pretty good with Owens drifting down there from the midfield.
Plus, Caminiti and Membrey would give us stronger midfield marking options in the midfield while we are coming out of defence.
No, Membrey isn't caviar, bit he gives us a 3rd option forward and takes the 2nd best defender.
The way the ball was being kicked into our forward line today Membrey would’ve done squat
He also ain’t a contested marking machine - his last 3 ganes he was pushed out of the way constantly
He’s not the future
Prefer keep playing kids
Owens resting up there today would’ve given us more than Membrey

“Yeah….nah””