Meh to the Sharman doubters.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Meh to the Sharman doubters.

saintsRrising wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 7:26pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 6:40pm 3rd lowest stats and managed only 1 tackle and dropped a few sitters against the 3rd from the bottom.

Needs to stop trying to win mark of the century at every opportunity because it requires him to hang out the back to get his run up and that's why he gets caught out of position which weakens his defensive side.

will probably struggle to hold his spot when King and Members come back.

LOL at the above.

Meanwhile how Hawthorn FC saw it:

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/1391 ... -challenge

Saints, Sharman work hard to quieten Sicily
James Sicily produced an enormous performance when the Hawks shocked the Saints in round 11.

But St Kilda worked hard to quell the Hawthorn captain's influence this time around and it worked, with Cooper Sharman doing most of the hard work, especially in the first quarter as the Saints ran rampant.

Sicily finished with 26 disposals and seven marks plus eight intercept possessions, but his influence was lessened.
yeah he did ok in that first quarter, and also not too bad in the last but we went missing for 2 quarters with the Hawks literally walking through our wall defense.

he needs to win more of his own ball and possibly not attempt mark of the century at every opportunity as he gets caught out the back trying to position himself for the speccy which weakens his defensive game.

Would be good if he could put in a good game against quality opposition now.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 6:40pm 3rd lowest stats and managed only 1 tackle and dropped a few sitters against the 3rd from the bottom.
Ok, so Sharman and Bruest both only had 8 disposals. Both had ! tackle. 5 marks to Sharman, 6 to Bruest.

Clearly both must have been crap with no influence on the game.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 7:39pm
Ok, so Sharman and Bruest both only had 8 disposals. Both had ! tackle. 5 marks to Sharman, 6 to Bruest.

I didn't watch Bruest that closely so I can't comment on his influence.

Sharman had some influence on the game so not sure what you are getting at.

Looking forward to seeing Sharman against Carlton, be good if he could win more ball.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Oh and some dude named Sicily had 22 intercept possessions and won the game for the Hawks last time. Sicily only had 8 this time. Now why was that? Who was his opponent this time?
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 31 Jul 2023 7:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 7:44pm

Looking forward to seeing Sharman against Carlton, be good if he could win more ball.

Pretty obvious to anyone who watched the game with open eyes. Both players had low possession, high value games. Both players did what their coaches had asked of them.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 7:47pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 7:44pm

Pretty obvious to anyone who watched the game with open eyes. Both players had low possession, high value games. Both players did what their coaches had asked of them.
fair enough

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

There are moments in a developing career, and at each point it can go either way. Some people jumped way too early (Just like Cooper on a few occasions on Sunday).

- Shows glimpses of potential
- Executes on potential - but lacks consistency
- Build a body of work over many games
- Consistent performer

When the Sharman train started, we were in point 1, this year we are in point 2 and we are not far from point 3.

Still has to earn his spot each week, especially with King, Membrey, Hayes all returning KPF coming back, and Hill coming back on the wing.

I believe he will make it, for what it's worth. I just don't think he's the messiah.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Has a great leap and is going for it. Smart player, good field kick and a good finisher.

Why it has taken this long to play him back in the forward line I don't know.

On the upside, he is now fit enough for AFL

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 10:08pm There are moments in a developing career, and at each point it can go either way. Some people jumped way too early (Just like Cooper on a few occasions on Sunday).

- Consistent performer

When the Sharman train started, we were in point 1, this year we are in point 2 and we are not far from point 3.

Still has to earn his spot each week, especially with King, Membrey, Hayes all returning KPF coming back, and Hill coming back on the wing.

I believe he will make it, for what it's worth. I just don't think he's the messiah.
I don’t think anyone else thinks he is the Messiah either

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 10:08pm
I just don't think he's the messiah.

Did anyone suggest he was this season?

He has only played 26 games.

He has shown enough of late to indicate that he should be retained for next season.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Is there a spare room at The Doc's for Cooper to move in?

If not, then he needs to follow Mason into the weights room and do some extra sessions with Jack Sinclair as well.

He needs some education and discipline on nutrition and adding muscle mass. I don't think it will inhibit his leap or his overall game if it's balanced for both legs and upper body

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Let's give some credit for Sharman's impact, to the forwards coach.
A guy who won 2 Brownlows in the midfield.
Our scoring this year has been low efficiency, low scoring.
Is it only our second game this year over 100 points?

Somehow, Harves has managed to get into Sharman's head and pushed the right buttons.
Forget about the attempted speccies, Harves maybe realised if you fill a young guy's head with too much info, he'll second guess himself.
Go out and play to your strengths, use your instincts. Maybe has a set of rules but with some wriggle room.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

go the speccies lad - you'll start clunking them. a modern day cazaly - they don't write songs about the dull and the dour.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Compared to the last Hawthorn game, Sicily had 17 fewer disposals, 9 fewer marks, 14 fewer intercepts and 8 fewer score involvements. Massive game from Sharman

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 10:08pm There are moments in a developing career, and at each point it can go either way. Some people jumped way too early (Just like Cooper on a few occasions on Sunday).

- Consistent performer

A very well balanced post, he’s got some work to do to keep his spot on the list.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I can’t see how he won’t be on the list next year, particularly given his versatility.

He’s done enough. As far as I’m concerned, it’s settled.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 10:26am I can’t see how he won’t be on the list next year, particularly given his versatility.

Yeah it will be interesting, If King and Members in the side and Caminiti having passed him and Hayes about to return then he’s floundering at Sandy.

He’s going to need to put some impressive performances in before the H&A is closed out to be confident he isn’t cut as a result of the anticipated significant list changes being made by Lyon during trade period.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 9:12am

- Consistent performer

A very well balanced post, he’s got some work to do to keep his spot on the list.
doesn't that apply to all ?
you dribble out the same garbage over and over.. you really are a chat bot..only difference is your intelligence isn't artificial , it's non existent

give it a rest, you stuffed up bigtime on Sharman , admit it and move on.

Saintmike65
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 2:04pm He’s earned his spot in the team.

When Byrnes (I think) coming thru the centre hit him lace out on a lead I nearly creamed myself, when do we ever see that?!

Better than Caminiti at this stage.

They practice lowering the eyes going into forward 50 a lot at training..nice to see it in a game, thought a couple of bullets from Byrnes was terrific!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Cooper is a natural footballer. Anyone but a fool could see that from when he first played senior football.

Well done Gags for recruiting him in the first place.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 11:37am

- Consistent performer

you dribble out the same garbage over and over.. you really are a chat bot..only difference is your intelligence isn't artificial , it's non existent

:) :lol: :wink:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

- Consistent performer

Nice work on the red highlighting, good to see you are developing your computer skills in your twilight years.

Keep up the good work.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 2:00pm

- Consistent performer

Nice work on the red highlighting, good to see you are developing your computer skills in your twilight years.

Keep up the good work.
Is this a chat bot?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 11:26am
SaintPav wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 10:26am I can’t see how he won’t be on the list next year, particularly given his versatility.

Yeah it will be interesting, If King and Members in the side and Caminiti having passed him and Hayes about to return then he’s floundering at Sandy.

He’s going to need to put some impressive performances in before the H&A is closed out to be confident he isn’t cut as a result of the anticipated significant list changes being made by Lyon during trade period.
Sharman is ahead of Caminiti.

He's a better forward and smarter footballer.

Caminiti's inexperience has shown at times this year.

Not much "free thinking" coming out of Secret_Vortex lately, just the same tired old takes repeated over and over.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Caminiti is Key Position size

Sharman is not

Therefore they are different