We're going to the Show!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: We're going to the Show!

aaron82 wrote: Sun 20 Aug 2023 9:15pm Great effort & result!

If we’re lucky to finish 6th I believe Marvel is out of action due to a mini golf set up of some description.

We’d be at the G
FMD!

It just gets worse.

Amateur hour!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

shrodes wrote: Sun 20 Aug 2023 4:58pm You beauty!

Putting aside our worst efforts this year, I’m just bloody excited that the team gets to experience finals again. Regardless of how deep we go, getting finals experience into these kids can only be a positive. Go Saints!
You do need to put aside the use of the word "worst". In games we have lost, barring the woeful Crows game, we have been close enough to win at some stage. Some of these we lost because we were short on manpower and strength, eg, the gaping hole at CHF that gifted so many intercept opportunities for opposition defenders. Some losses were just through losing our run and dare, which has also been a contributing factor to some less convincing wins.

We've continued to improve our game over the past 5 weeks, the run and dare, fierce tackling and whole-of-ground defence would have every other top 8 team concerned. We have remained in the 8 the entire season despite starting with 14 players on our injury list, which has diminished to 4. Two players that have missed more than a year and a half, Coffield and Hayes, are back and firing and are the type that could turn a final our way.

We have found season's-best form at the business end of the year. We may prove not good enough - yet - as genuine flag contenders. The Bulldogs and Tigers weren't considered ready by most media fools in 2016 and 2017 either.

Just strap-in and enjoy the ride over the next few weeks.

Saint supporter since '62
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sun 20 Aug 2023 11:31pm

If we’re lucky to finish 6th I believe Marvel is out of action due to a mini golf set up of some description.

We’d be at the G
FMD!

It just gets worse.

Amateur hour!
Why? What’s wrong with playing at the G?
The more we play there the better if we ever want to win a premiership. We are also a pretty good team at the G anyway so shouldn’t be scared to play there

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 1:22am
SaintPav wrote: Sun 20 Aug 2023 11:31pm

We’d be at the G
FMD!

It just gets worse.

Amateur hour!
Why? What’s wrong with playing at the G?
The more we play there the better if we ever want to win a premiership. We are also a pretty good team at the G anyway so shouldn’t be scared to play there
Nothing wrong with playing at the G at all.

My comment related to a Putt-Putt tournament being scheduled at Marvel and the venue being unavailable during finals.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 12:27am
We've continued to improve our game over the past 5 weeks, the run and dare, fierce tackling and whole-of-ground defence would have every other top 8 team concerned. We have remained in the 8 the entire season despite starting with 14 players on our injury list, which has diminished to 4. Two players that have missed more than a year and a half, Coffield and Hayes, are back and firing and are the type that could turn a final our way.

We have found season's-best form at the business end of the year. We may prove not good enough - yet - as genuine flag contenders. The Bulldogs and Tigers weren't considered ready by most media fools in 2016 and 2017 either.

Great post mate. Anything's possible. The players want to take destiny in their own hands. The 5 week time line is interesting.

Found this post from an itk after the loss to Gold Coast.
None of the board or coaching panel realistically thought we were going to win a flag this year. And to be honest probably thought the eight was a distant chance. Doesn’t mean they’re not trying to, just means they’re realistic.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

So it seems the players have faith in each other despite the doubt coming from within (... again...that's according to the post from someone itk)
... the coaching panel are having a real good look at who will be there in the future. I’m sure RL has put a line through certain players- even if they’re getting a regular game
I think the board and the coaching panel shouldn't have doubted the quality of our players..i.e. if you believe the post from tony74. I wonder if it was RTB who was the biggest doubter

viewtopic.php?p=2020505#p2020505

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 5:45am

Great post mate. Anything's possible. The players want to take destiny in their own hands. The 5 week time line is interesting.

None of the board or coaching panel realistically thought we were going to win a flag this year. And to be honest probably thought the eight was a distant chance. Doesn’t mean they’re not trying to, just means they’re realistic.

So it seems the players have faith in each other despite the doubt coming from within (... again...that's according to the post from someone itk)
... the coaching panel are having a real good look at who will be there in the future. I’m sure RL has put a line through certain players- even if they’re getting a regular game
I think the board and the coaching panel shouldn't have doubted the quality of our players..i.e. if you believe the post from tony74. I wonder if it was RTB who was the biggest doubter

Ah, you're getting desperate now Scolops, (UD) trying to conjure up imaginary negatives about the Saints at a positive time just because they are not following your narrative. I understand your frustration. lol

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

to all the negative nellies ... I actually feel a bit sorry for you

to all that could see the potential....go you good things.

RTB fanboy

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 8:36am

Ah, you're getting desperate now Scolops, (UD) trying to conjure up imaginary negatives about the Saints at a positive time just because they are not following your narrative. I understand your frustration. lol
Ok. I get it

The club and the coach are allowed to be negative about our players, but supporters can’t be negative about club officials…

Around the same time as tony74 made that post he was hinting that a favourite son is being traded. See the irony here? Our boys.. yes our players have largely - mainly - been responsible for our wins and getting the club into finals and the coach and club officials are plotting to turf them out of RW&B colours

Instead of you jerks giving the credit to the whole of club including our playing list and the captain and his leadership group, it’s all RTB is a God bs.

What…..Should we pretend tony74 didn’t say it? All he’s probably doing is channelling the party line…they don’t rate our players. They think RTB is going to win games and win finals on his own

Don’t shoot the messenger.
Last edited by Scollop on Mon 21 Aug 2023 9:02am, edited 1 time in total.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 8:56am

Ok. I get it

The club and the coach are allowed to be negative about our players, but supporters can’t be negative about club officials…

Instead of you jerks giving the credit to the whole of club including our playing list and the captain and his leadership group, it’s all RTB is a God bs.

What…..Should we pretend tony74 didn’t say it? All he’s probably doing is channelling the party line…

All RTB? Nothing to do with players and other coaching staff? No-one said that, it'd just your perception bias kicking in.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 9:02am

Ok. I get it

What…..Should we pretend tony74 didn’t say it? All he’s probably doing is channelling the party line…

All RTB? Nothing to do with players and other coaching staff? No-one said that, it'd just your perception bias kicking in.
Obviously you haven’t read a dozen threads over the past 2 weeks praising the messiah

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 9:04am

Ok. I get it

Obviously you haven’t read a dozen threads over the past 2 weeks praising the messiah
Most of us believers have been praising the coaches, headed by RTB, since they lodged themselves in the 8 and have stayed there all year long.

The last four weeks have been exceptionally frustrating for you, but its ok.

Ross is the better coach and we are playing finals. Get some sleep, relax and stop going through old posts.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 9:14am

Ok. I get it

Most of us believers have been praising the coaches, headed by RTB, since they lodged themselves in the 8 and have stayed there all year long.

The last four weeks have been exceptionally frustrating for you, but its ok.

Ross is the better coach and we are playing finals. Get some sleep, relax and stop going through old posts.
Well…you make good sense with your first and last paragraph. There’s rfi with the one in the middle. But that’s ok

2 out of 3 aint bad

Btw, I stumbled on that page with the post from 5 weeks ago. Just an old tab I left open

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

ummm..that was mainly me.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 9:27am

He doesn't need it Firey. Most of the media love him and were thrilled to have him back in the coaching ranks. He was good entertainment at the start of the year when we were flying. He lost focus there for a while

He needs to be challenged, not all this crap about how good he is. 😉

Now..along the same lines...I hope that's what he and the coaches were up to with those negative comments in the box in February and also when we lost to the Sun's and Ross said he can't fix anything until 2024

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 9:57am
The Fireman wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 9:27am

He doesn't need it Firey. Most of the media love him and were thrilled to have him back in the coaching ranks. He was good entertainment at the start of the year when we were flying. He lost focus there for a while

He needs to be challenged, not all this crap about how good he is. 😉

Now..along the same lines...I hope that's what he and the coaches were up to with those negative comments in the box in February and also when we lost to the Sun's and Ross said he can't fix anything until 2024
yeah i get it..no one needs a pat on the back when they are doing well..I just think it' nice to give it. :) and until 2024 I think he has set the foundations very nicely. We are playing finals.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

he has set the foundations
We ...

They...

The club...

The thread also says WE'RE going to the Show!!

Saint2
Club Player

We have made the finals twice in three years under different coaches- Ratts and Lyon. I wonder if that's a first for the club?

King Max
Club Player

Saint2 wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 10:25am We have made the finals twice in three years under different coaches- Ratts and Lyon. I wonder if that's a first for the club?
2006 Thomas
2008 Lyon

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 20 Aug 2023 5:04pm
Otiman wrote: Sun 20 Aug 2023 5:02pm
desertsaint wrote: Sun 20 Aug 2023 4:56pm feel for crows fans now.
I prescribe this for you:

https://www.afl.com.au/video/517805/cla ... oId=517805

See how far you can get.
Should come with a trigger warning - NSFL

Less than 10 Seconds - feelings of compassion fading
Wow - Troy Bond kicked 4 goals in it - I honestly couldn't remember that. Must've blocked it from my memory.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Saint2
Club Player

King Max wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 10:40am
Saint2 wrote: Mon 21 Aug 2023 10:25am We have made the finals twice in three years under different coaches- Ratts and Lyon. I wonder if that's a first for the club?
2006 Thomas
2008 Lyon
Cool

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

I am sure it was RTB who was the biggest doubter. Interesting that he mentioned Tim Membrey's inclusion in his post-match conference Saturday night, as I had been told pre-match that Ross didn't rate him. A fortnight after his inclusion. I hope Ross now realizes what a difference having a mobile, safe marking pair of hands in our forward line does, especially when that player can drop into the backline and take important intercept marks late in the game. Just like Charlie Curnow did for the Blues when the game was there to lose on Saturday. Too valuable a player to lose, keep him and let him go out on his own terms and save the inevitable flack from supporters and paid-up members.

Zane Cordy had the Saintsational 2024 Whipping Boy of the Year award in the bag but, to the disappointment of many, has become a safe pair of hands in the League's tightest defence. Some of his disappointed critics have turned their focus to Philipou, whose biggest crime is to be an 18 year-old who has played every game this season and, despite their continual baying, will play every game. The critics fail to recognize the kid's X-factor, quick mind and hands and 1 percenters. RTB, Lenny, Harves and Corey obviously notice his attributes.

We are on the way, time to feel good about ourselves for once.

Saint supporter since '62