A question for saints fans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

reckon its the manner of our losses/near losses that are setting the cat amongst the pigeons...when broken down the past 6-8 weeks must have sent the alarm bells ringing for those in charge

v eagles..6 gls up at 1/2 time ,2 pts up with 2 mins to play
v hawth...6 gls up let em get 4 cheap goals at the end
v filth...had em by the balls, out scored 6 gls to one lst qtr
v rich...from memory only a couple up with about 10 mins to play
v adel..maybe our only real win for the yr,about 5 gls down at qtr time
v carl..6 gls up at 3qtr time,fall over the line
v foots..4 gls up 3qtr time ...lucky to jag a draw
v syd..had our opportunity's early on fell in a hole last qtr

cant see how any of this is attributed to learning or tweaking of game plan...one of 3 things
we either have a crap midfield that cant keep up the pressure for 120mins
we either have a crap forward line who apart from one player are not worth a pinch of goat chyt
lack of communication/leadership both on & off the field (coaches box)

maybe a combination of all 3...if so changes need to be made to the 3 area's

we know we need another decent midfielder, we know we need another decent forward or........

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Unlike many of you guys before me, I do not regard myself as a greater expert in the game than the experts who run our club.
I therefore have confidence in the direction the club is heading whilst in the hands of our experts who are, don't forget, servants of the club.
As a mature aged male, having followed the Saints since 1962, having encouraged my four kids and two grandkids to be passionate Sainters, having played the game myself at A Grade Amatuer premiership level and therefore know a bit about the game, I must ask you guys in your criticism of the game plan --
TELL ME PLEASE, WHAT IS OUR GAME PLAN. I figure that proberbly most of you don't really know.
Also, if you are able to explain our game plan I would love to know if our teams are playing to it - maybe they arn't.
My confidence in the future of our club is positive and will always remain so.

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:Unlike many of you guys before me, I do not regard myself as a greater expert in the game than the experts who run our club.
Who are these 'experts' who run our club?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Re: A question for saints fans

saintsRrising wrote:
n1ck wrote:
We were told by the board that the new coach was being brought in to tweak.
Well that may have been the Board's view,,,but not mine. In my view GT badly mismanaged the list he won by luck (Blightlotto, finish low...and the Blues cheating...plus priorty picks in the years we finished low...ALL LUCK and nothing to do with any talent by GT).

Given the potential talent he could and should have had he has let much of our potential wealth be squandered. We SHOULD have the best list in the competition, but do not.

No St Kilda coach had such a head start before.........

RL has also been given a very good head start...but he was given a list in DECLINE...and not on the rise.He has a lot to work with though....but the team and list need work and improvement.

n1ck wrote: He was a ready made replacement for someone who had brought more success that anyone BUT ONE coach to our club, and was designed to give us a GENUINE chance of a premiership in 2007.
I don't recall GT getting us into a GF. One coach won one...and others did. GT was not one of them.

n1ck wrote:
We were told to expect to go foreward from the first bounce.
See my first comment.
can't let this pass through to the keeper. Do you really think it was Gt's fault that we got fiora and not symmonds because black is a sell out? Tell me any other squad with this type of first round talent that has been able to keep most of their young players like we did.

These players GT got by "luck" are starting to get to the age and experience of senior footballers. Yes gehrig has got a little older, we have lost senior players like aussie, peckett and powell but hell, we have also developed players such as fishers, gilbert, gram etc. with some of this happening under GT.

We should NOT be in decline. The better part of our list will be coming into their prime in the next 3 years. Why are the likes of xavier, ball etc. going backwards??

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
Go Sretnias Go wrote:Unlike many of you guys before me, I do not regard myself as a greater expert in the game than the experts who run our club.
Obviously Rodger, your not one. :roll: :roll:

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Obviously Rodger, your not one. :roll: :roll:
dont bite if you ignore him he will go away this post was not ment to be a GTvs RL come GT vs RB . it was originally about why we are soo pessimistic of our club when we really are not as bad as some will have you think

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/