Why should/will Pies Lose?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Teflon wrote: For mine its all about how Collingwood respond to that applied pressure.....I reckon theres a question mark there...
I see more exclamation marks than question marks.

Re: How Collingwood will respond to pressure - if we look past the dead rubber Adelaide game (which we shoud - as the Pies didn't want to risk injuries) - it's been more about how the opposition hasn't been able to cope with their's.

Their pressure is more to do with kicking at goal .. despite their inaccuracy they still ended up on top of the ladder... imagine if they were accurate where their % would be.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I agree the pressure that the saints and collingwood put on in their forward lines was awesome. I think we probably have the better players but their ability to pressure might be better. It should come down to accuracy and collingwood has a habit of peppering from anywhere and just reloading from the kick in. The good thing about where collingwood is is that no one has really dissected their game plan and hunted them down. I have faith that ross will have something up his sleeve. That said I don't have faith that they will even get over Geelong, they know when to pull out the stops.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:I reckon Collingwood is the hardest working and most motivated team - apply ridiculous pressure... it's off the scale....
Like us last year.

It's a very physically demanding style of play and the question is, like it was for us last year, can they keep it going? Although we're only a couple of weeks away from the big day I still hope that the Pies have peaked too early.

If the Cats/Dockers can't knock them off then I certainly hope they make them work harder than they have all year. If they do so it will certainly benefit Saints/Bulldogs/Swans.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

thats assuming they make the grand final.... we might not play them till next year

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith