St Kilda Performance on Footy Show Review

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Maxstar22 wrote:As a woman, I certainly wasn't "demeaned" in any way.

Yes, it was lame and embarrassing but that was because that's what the footy show is all about.

So it's not ok for men to perve on the scantily clad women in bikinis as that is sexist and terrible but it's ok for us girls to say how hot Chips is with no top on?? Can't have it both ways.

Also, the women on the show didn't have to do it, they chose to do it. They were also working and earning a living to support themselves and possibly a family. Better that then sitting on their bums living off the government me thinks.
Well said Maxie.

And same goes for the women on the lazy suzanne at the Brownlow. Those particular girls/women want to attend the function, want to get dolled up, want to (in some instances) show some flesh, want to be noticed and no doubt wanted to hop on to get their pictures taken.

And women viewers probably wanted to see it as much, if not more, than the male viewers.

No one's being made to do anything they don't want to do.

georgie girl
Club Player

Do you really think we got to 'choose'? the way it was all choreographed I would suggest that they were 'given' a part. Just my guess! Players revue used to be a funny segment - I remember the Footscray / Bulldog's boys dressed up as nuns singing 'I will follow him' to (I think) Terry Wallace - their coach at the time! More just a dance routine now.
As far as people being worried about kids watching it - at that time of the night - they shouldn't be!!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

saint4life
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I hate football

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Well I am a women and I am not offended. It was showing what happens in every day life, dancing, picking women up and pole dancing,

Take it as a slap in the face if you want, but come on, it was a harmless dance and remember at the end of the day, the boys agreed to do, shows they don't have a carrot about the past... Good on them !!!

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Did not take Herald scum long

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/anger- ... 6153537646
Hmmm.

So Campbell Brown leading the GC kiddies in a song about whacking ya hand down ya pants & having casual sex passes without comment from the media?

But an adult Saint does a sexy dance with an adult female and the media goes into meltdown!

I guess they must've fixed up all that crap in Afghanistan and they simply forgot to tell us :roll:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

so If Shane had done the skit or jack Riewoldt or Dayne Beams would there have been the same reaction?

what about Campbell Brown?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:so If Shane had done the skit or jack Riewoldt or Dayne Beams would there have been the same reaction?

Yep it must be because it was Sam Fisher and the saints.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Yeah they managed to get the Liar in there claiming the dancer was a lookalike! :roll:

The boys part was cringeworthy and not because of what happened. More that the boys looked very bad at dancing! :lol:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

WTF is this:
Some Herald Sun Clown wrote:....particularly in light of the Saints' continuing and controversial connection with the "St Kilda schoolgirl" Kim Duthie....
How the hell can the connection be called "continuing"?????

The Hun at their scumbag best, just far cough with your gutter journalism.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:so If Shane had done the skit or jack Riewoldt or Dayne Beams would there have been the same reaction?

Correct. :P

All the teams seem quite happy to shed clothes and bump and grind with partial clad "dancers".

Or was it just because we threw a pole in :?

Buckets
SS Life Member

St Chris wrote:

WTF is this:
Some Herald Sun Clown wrote:....particularly in light of the Saints' continuing and controversial connection with the "St Kilda schoolgirl" Kim Duthie....
How the hell can the connection be called "continuing"?????

The Hun at their scumbag best, just far cough with your gutter journalism.

What do you expect from the Sun. I'm surprised that it took them this long to get an article about it up!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

All the teams seem quite happy to shed clothes and bump and grind with partial clad "dancers".

No it is because the paper hates us. I dont understand how a paper can hate a footy side but they do.

Buckets
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Yep it certainly was. Plenty more scantily dressed women and shirtless players in that revue than in our little part. Hell only Chips had his shirt off out of our guys.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

AND I don't see the guys complaining every year over the amount of half nude women dancing around with next to nothing on.....

The revue has sexual connotations every single year, its a part of life!
If this is the topic of conversation a day out before the Grand Final, this world needs to be raped up in cotton wool ASAP.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No it is because the paper hates us. I dont understand how a paper can hate a footy side but they do.
It is hard to understand isn't it?

Nonetheless, good to finally have you on board :wink:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I think the complaint came from the Pole.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I think the complaint came from the Pole.
After the events of the last few days let's not make this about race Grumps.

I know some quite nice Polish people :wink:

spert
Saintsational Legend

Just a word to St Kilda players from a long time supporter.. we have a new era coming up and a new coach, so just stay out of the spotlight, stay away from media crap and stunts as you will just end up being manipulated, made to look like bigger dickheads than you actually are, and any dumb things you do will keep regurgitating during the footy season when we least need it.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

It's just a bit of fun.... trust the media to blow it out of proportion.... Oh well, that's footy for you

PaytonPlace
Club Player

I'm shocked, apalled and disgusted!

People still watch the Footy Show? And read the Herald Sun?

Amazing...

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

no one is saying flesh, dancing, couches, poles etc... are bad.

But considering our image problems last couple of years it was ill-thought out - hence the predictable Sun article.

it's comparable to giving Fevola free beer and a microphone and thinking it a sensible proposition.

'go on Fev it will be funny'

don't get me wrong I'm not outraged but just shaking my head at the brains trust.

if you wanted to take the mick why not choreograph a routine with nuns or something, or Saints players trying to pick up a hot coach in a nightclub?

an act featuring Ross Lyon protecting his family from dragons and demon creditors

at least give it a twist

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

millarsaint wrote:no one is saying flesh, dancing, couches, poles etc... are bad.

But considering our image problems last couple of years it was ill-thought out - hence the predictable Sun article.

it's comparable to giving Fevola free beer and a microphone and thinking it a sensible proposition.

don't get me wrong I'm not outraged but just shaking my head at the brains trust.

if you wanted to take the mick why not choreograph a routine with nuns or something, or Saints players trying to pick up a hot coach in a nightclub?

an act featuring Ross Lyon protecting his family from dragons and demon creditors

at least give it a twist
I agree it wasn't the smartest thing to do content wise but its better to laugh at ourselves (after all, you shouldn't take that sort of performance seriously, especially after last pre-season) than to just hid in our shells.

Having siad that, I hope we stay away form the revue next year. I hope we have more important thngs to worry about.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I just hope they all got home safe.

To their own beds.

Alone (or at least with their regular partners :wink: )

spert
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
millarsaint wrote:no one is saying flesh, dancing, couches, poles etc... are bad.

at least give it a twist
I agree it wasn't the smartest thing to do content wise but its better to laugh at ourselves (after all, you shouldn't take that sort of performance seriously, especially after last pre-season) than to just hid in our shells.

Having siad that, I hope we stay away form the revue next year. I hope we have more important thngs to worry about.
Too many people laughing at St Kilda already after failing at three grand finals in a row, then all the off-season crap..the club should be trying to re-building respect, and this just looks sad, not funny.