James Frawley trade update

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: James Frawley trade update

:lol:
dragit wrote:I'll be fuming if we get rid of a real potato. They don't grow on trees you know.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He would be a good get....

Isn't he Captain of Melbourne??

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hang on, sorry

Should be captain of Melbourne?!

But those two kids are?!

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

The saints sat with Josh Caddy today, and they were super impressed with his interview, and Caddy's commitment should the saints get the deal done.

It emerged late this morning that Gold Coast would potentially take pick 14 that the saints have as their first round pick, for Caddy.

Why you ask? Well the Suns only have 1 pick inside the first round, that is at pick 2. Given their development program, they want to bring more elite kids in through the draft, and thus an active pick in the draft vs a compensation pick that can only be activated from next year onwards, would trump Geelong.

The suns want to bring somebody in ASAP to replace Caddy, and can do so with pick 14. They don't want to wait another year, which means the saints could secure Caddy which would be fantastic for St Kilda.

Still on the saints, they are getting closer and closer to convincing Jamie Cripps to stay. Reports from Herald Sun journalists, is that the saints are confident now that they can reconvince Cripps to stay.

The saints also are in the running to secure Koby Stevens and Ben Jacobs from West Coast and Port Adelaide respectively. They have a lot of young kids on their radar, so you've got to wonder how they are going to get them all, especially given Stevens is a second round, and both Caddy and Jacobs were early first round.

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WE have pick 12 dont we? And Carlton want him as well apparently and have a better pick.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:The saints sat with Josh Caddy today, and they were super impressed with his interview, and Caddy's commitment should the saints get the deal done.

It emerged late this morning that Gold Coast would potentially take pick 14 that the saints have as their first round pick, for Caddy.

Why you ask? Well the Suns only have 1 pick inside the first round, that is at pick 2. Given their development program, they want to bring more elite kids in through the draft, and thus an active pick in the draft vs a compensation pick that can only be activated from next year onwards, would trump Geelong.

The suns want to bring somebody in ASAP to replace Caddy, and can do so with pick 14. They don't want to wait another year, which means the saints could secure Caddy which would be fantastic for St Kilda.

Still on the saints, they are getting closer and closer to convincing Jamie Cripps to stay. Reports from Herald Sun journalists, is that the saints are confident now that they can reconvince Cripps to stay.

The saints also are in the running to secure Koby Stevens and Ben Jacobs from West Coast and Port Adelaide respectively. They have a lot of young kids on their radar, so you've got to wonder how they are going to get them all, especially given Stevens is a second round, and both Caddy and Jacobs were early first round.
Love your posts young man, thanks for the insight

70s sainter
Club Player

gringo wrote:They're possibly morons that are doing the trades at the Dees if the Dawes and Wellingham for pick 4 is correct. We should just offer Polo and Peake and an actual potato to them. They might give us Jack Watts and Scully to get the deal done.
Surely they couldn't be that stupid . Dawes is worth bugger all which means they would be giving up no 4 pick for welling ham which is rediculous. They could refuse to deal , let him walk and go in the draft and pick him up for a lot less or at least masks sure pies get nothing - how good would that be .

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:WE have pick 12 dont we? And Carlton want him as well apparently and have a better pick.
Nope. They've said they're not going to make a play for Caddy.

She's a three horse race; Norf, Saints and Cats.

I'd say we're the least likely of the three clubs to land him, however we have certainly firmed these last couple of days so now I wouldn't be surprised if we did in fact get him. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:WE have pick 12 dont we? And Carlton want him as well apparently and have a better pick.

that's why Goddard is the guy who keeps giving- we get a ready made and still get to take Jaksche or Stringer etc. Carlton won't want to pay a good wage to someone to sit on the sidelines of an already stacked midfield and cost themselves a chance at a first round KPP

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

But Plugger it's a massive gamble by the Blues if they give up pick 11 as they wont have a live pick until 30 something. We can give 13 and keep 12 or visa versa. Still think we have a stronger bargaining position.

frawley rumor is bulls***.wont happen unfortunately :-(

suss
Club Player

defacto wrote:frawley rumor is bulls***.wont happen unfortunately :-(
I think you're right and I would prefer to keep pick 12 myself.

andrewg
Club Player

Checked to see what the Melbourne FC forum was saying about this
They had one thread, three people commented before it was shut down by their admin. Mmmmm not sure what to read into that.
Last edited by andrewg on Thu 04 Oct 2012 12:46am, edited 1 time in total.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

that will happen next year

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
andrewg
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
What will happen

SaintTom
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:The saints sat with Josh Caddy today, and they were super impressed with his interview, and Caddy's commitment should the saints get the deal done.

Music to my ears. Do you know this...? Doesn't sound like speculation, but it's hard to tell when someone actually has facts and when someone is trying to start a rumour, so better to ask than be disappointed when I hear it was made up.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
Frawley is contracted until 2014

So we'd be in the same position, exceot with one less 1st rd pick

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
What will happen
A spoon :shock:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Geez I've really caused a stir bringing this rumour to Saintsational :shock: :lol:

Sainter for life.
Rosco
Club Player

Will believe when I see him in a saints jumper.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:So now we are a chance of getting players because it is on a footy forum. I might start one on getting Ablett. I believe Frawley is contracted and has no intention of leaving.
How would you know? Are you his manager? No, let me guess. You're a mate of his. What colour is the sun in P66 world?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

We need the Pilchard or Pelican or what ever we call him now to get the job done. He got some great trades into the Hawks for less than he should have now we want some of what they're having. A quality backman is a very good start especially from the fact that he is still contracted. Sydney and Hawks both have had a habit of walking up to dissatisfied players and just getting into their heads. It seemed to work for them so why not us. Get him to threaten to walk, can't make him play, requests trade. We give them a patronising pick to compensate. We're all happy.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So now we are a chance of getting players because it is on a footy forum. I might start one on getting Ablett. I believe Frawley is contracted and has no intention of leaving.
How would you know? Are you his manager? No, let me guess. You're a mate of his. What colour is the sun in P66 world?
Be nice or he'll set Lenny onto you.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Be nice or he'll set Lenny onto you.
or invite you over to "players card night" he has at his joint every second Thurs of the month...

“Yeah….nah””
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Melbourne fans on bigfooty are absolutely ropeable about this rumour, saying there isn't anyone on our list they would take in return for Frawley :shock: .... they really don't understand how bad their list is then.

Sainter for life.