Saints and Port after Greg Broughton from Fremantle& Warnock

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Megamaguire
Club Player

Re: Cultivate the Fremantle connection.

Teflon wrote:
Megamaguire wrote:Teflon said "Rossy may also be a little sympathetic to our dilemma".
there are still some of us who appreciate the 2 G.Final appearances but regret the lack of youth dev.
I'm personally more sympathetic to Freeo over ther and would prefer dealing with them. I think Lyon is more realistic and not so interested in posturing through trade periods.

I'd rather see us deal with Ross Lyon and Freeo as i think he may be less interested in screwing trade partners even if it is with his old club. I think WC are perhaps too interested in looking tough after losing Lynch and what better club to do it to than one of Melb's 2nd. rate clubs (their mindset maybe - not my own obviously).
Ross has the experience of Roos sending him the 2 premiership players and he could be willing to simply deal straight with the Saints this year and in years to come.
It would be beneficial for us to have one club in WA land to be able to deal realistically with. I have no problem with Ross Lyon doing well over there - i still appreciate the 2 G.Finals he took us to. This scenario should help Watters down the years (assuming he achieves greatness with us). to get the odd good player to our club from WA via Freeo.
I'd like to see Cripps stay - i think he's making a mistake aiming 4 the weagles but i'd rather see him go to Ross if he has to go. Happy to wait 12 monthes 4 Brown to come to the Saints. Keep Pk. 13 and 25 as well - unless the GC speculators are prepared to let Hickey go @ #25.
Working up front with Freeo is in our best interests i think.

GO WATTAMAN!
GO SAINTS!
Pretty sure I didn't say that....

Sorry Teflon for misquoting U. I think i cut and pasted from another poster further up who quoted you. Anyway no offence . I am still hopeful that Freemantle will prove the better club from the west for us when it comes to trading.
Given that Watters may be privy to some good inside knowledge with his WA links it would be good to have one of the WA clubs that was a bit more realistic reg: trades.
Have a good one.

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints and Port after Greg Broughton from Fremantle& War

clarky449 wrote:
Teflon wrote: I really don't think Ross does sympathy....

He's the kind of guy at a funeral who asks:

"Whose that lazy bastard lying round in the wooden box?"

I'd still try Broughton for Cripps though - better than what we'll get from EGirls
Yes, because you know him so well. I get it. :roll:
Well no one knows him like you - you're his personal douche yer?

“Yeah….nah””
super dooper
Club Player

Does anyone else find it a bit strange that Cripps wants to return to Perth but only for west coast?? Why not Freo where his former coach is employed?? Surely there would be some kind of understanding there... Maybe RL, like most of us, doesn't rate Cripps or Cripps doesn't like the work of RL...

Will be a very interesting couple of days but I'm tipping that we wom't land Brown and Cripps will make it through to the 3rd or 4th round in the draft for WCE to use a pick late in the draft on

matrix
Saintsational Legend

warnock and broughton

LOL

good god

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Unless we're talking about a Key Defender who is capable of being in our best 22 then I'm not sure we need to bring any more players in.

If players are intent on going, or we're intent on trading them out, we would be better off looking at draft picks.