Pick 19 and some other nobody for a club champion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Pick 19 and some other nobody for a club champion

saintspremiers wrote:
joffaboy wrote:what a sad thread
It would be a burn my membership thread had our 2014 memberships arrived.
so.... the club will include a newsflash with your membership package, in the mail, and when you see Brad Pitt is our new #1 ticket holder, will it be
"Burn After Reading" ? :shock: :oops:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
happy feet wrote:Sorry, Dal is not the most skilful player the Saints have had. You may not be old enough to have seen Ian Stewart. Stevie won 2 brown lows with us and 1 with Richmond.
Stevie WTF is Stevie, no wonder we got rid of him, who'd want to play with a Stevie :roll:
Hey, you can come look at my Brownlows any day!

Oh, and the most skilful player I think we have had is also the best player of all time: Tony Lockett.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:What did the doggies get for Lake ?
Lake was overweight and injury prone in his last years at the Dogs.

Dal Santo played every game and averaged 25 touches.

Really disappointed in the return we got for Dal. Would have much rather kept him.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:dal santo...the most skillful stkilda player to pull on a boot...for this club

idiotic decision to get rid of a player of this calibre

Is Pelchen being paid by Demetriou to bring ruin to stkilda?
Maybe that's why he was at odds with Watters, Watters realised early days we have a strange way of going about our business... :roll: :roll: :roll:
if that's the case I back Watters... Dal deal imo not so great but on with the rebuild.

what pisses me off more with the AFL is the FILTH get pick 11 for Thomas.
Last edited by ShanghaiSaint on Fri 18 Oct 2013 11:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:We got pick 22 for dal who IMHO is worth between pick 6-15 !
The dees get pick 23 for sylvia , WTF !
He IMHO is worth a late 3rd round pick .
6 to 15 for a 30yo ?

What did the doggies get for Lake ?
Good point , but completely different players
lake's is slow and got maybe 1 or 2 years left in him
Dal has a sound body , is yet to lose any pace and i think he could play well over a hundred games for north !

In red white and black from 73
karnaby
Club Player

<99 would be better

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Bye bye Dal, hello next generation Saints!

By the way he never won a club championship.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
damienc
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:I have faith in Pelchen to avoid picking an Eddy, McQualter, Peake type.
He is a hardened, seasoned, analytical and realistic recruiter. He has a vision and has more qualifications than any keyboard heroes on this forum.
We are all sad, just like when plugger left, but we need to not boo NDS and be thankful for his passion and service.
I am confident the Pelch will get us players with skill, hunger, and the right attitude to step up to the next level. His reputation precedes him and he will never be happy with second best.

I hope for all of our sakes you are on the money.

There has to be a piece in the jigsaw puzzle that we don't know about that will see the Saints pull off a really favourable deal.

Because at the moment it looks very much like we have let two of our best players ( actually three if you count Luke Ball) to walk away from the Saints with the club receiving their services obviously delighted at paying no cost to St Kilda .

On the surface it makes us look like fools.

Giving up battle hardened and proven champions for no cost is not a winning strategy.

i don't count the AFL compo second round pick as being worth much quite frankly.

It is certainly not worth a Dal Santo.

linmarnic
Club Player

Dal will turn 30 before the next season starts. I think what we received in return is about right.

Never give up
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote:
i don't count the AFL compo second round pick as being worth much quite frankly.

It is certainly not worth a Dal Santo.
The compo pick is worth whatever we make of it.

And given there was a fair chance we would lose Nick at the end of 2014, without compensation, then it really only needs to be worth as much as 22 Dal Santo games.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

It was the right move from the club. Looking back in 3 or 4 years it will be obvious imho.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

As previously posted Dal will be 30 before his first game for North. And going on his performance this season I think pick 24 is about right. But I also think Daisy should have been a band 3, definitely not a band 1. Where did they get that from? He is as omportant to his team as Buddy, the only other Band 1 this year? Notice there were no Band 2's!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

What is going on here? Is there drugs involved?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So if not patching holes and avoiding Eddy (Rookie Draft? McQualters)

WTF did he recruit
Milera 23, Shenton 22, Lee 21, Saad 22, Dunnell 21, Maister 27 ??????? Over his first two years????

That's right.... We needed to address the (VFL) hole in out list from 24-27??? Yet trades away the third best player in that group? And no doubt the future leader of the club.... Jack might be the most talented, Ben certainly the best Leader!

Why is Pelchin the saviour on here?? Why is his list management scrutinised?? Why is SW safe??
Neither have made any ultimately successful decisions yet? And the club is now worse in all areas (except SC) than when hey arrived? The club is now an I attractive, almost basket case, rated by almost everyone to finish bottom.... And yet we support those who run the joint, accepting it is part of some grand plan to deliver us glory???

Seriously, it's a friggin joke... ATM
You won't find a footy expert who wouldn't declare the McEvoy trade a win? Most are happy to see Dal go (to get some deserved success elsewhere) but looking past absolute blind loyalty to the club.... Please don't tell me North aren't beside themselves..... And we live in hope a mid twenties pick like Howard, Cripps, Ross actually comes good? Gawd!

All I hear is crap like 'in pelican we trust'

Why?

A 40 page plan we haven't seen?

What I hear, is the coach (like the last one) doesn't agree with him?! They are at odds, and for a guy who was a glorified list manager at Port & Hawthorn (who fluffed more DPs than he should of thankfully) he has too much power...

Maybe if SW does deliver us a premiership.... He can hold the cup aloft with the captain... And knock Tyrion Lannister off the stage.... It seems we all believe he is the true architect

FFS

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Should have read that closely before 'submit' plenty of ipad errors....

But you get the point..... I honestly don't judge Neither Pelchin or SW on their performance since taking over.... Almost dreadful really....

Admittedly, it was in need of rescue.... But not sure of the method... Initially top up, Then slash the list and do a GWS.... Without the 7 top ten picks?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

people shouldn't post after drinking.

Make fools of themselves

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:
But you get the point..... I honestly don't judge Neither Pelchin or SW on their performance since taking over.... Almost dreadful really....

You don't judge them but they're dreadful.....ok. That makes sense. Dreadful's not a judgement?

Re your other post :
It seems that Pelchen's list management is the subject of scrutiny. Right now. And his track record is Premiership, Premiership.
And you ask, "why is Watters safe?" What would you do Mart? Sack him? Just what we need - more instability. It seems the board came to the same conclusion.

You refer to, "a 40 page plan we haven't seen". What do you think they should do? Publish it? That would be intelligent wouldn't it?
All these guys with years of business and football nous behind them, trying to create something positive and focused to change the success starved culture of our club and all you can do is bag the shyte out of it and not offer anything positive. Fair dinkum Mart. You're a dead weight around the ankles of people trying to be positive about the club.

You also said this :

"Pelchen and SW have not made any ultimately successful decisions yet? And the club is now worse in all areas (except SC) than when hey arrived? The club is now an I attractive, almost basket case, rated by almost everyone to finish bottom.... And yet we support those who run the joint, accepting it is part of some grand plan to deliver us glory???"

Fair dinkum Mart, you're a bloody doom and gloom screecher. Constantly bagging the club and what's happening. Not offering any solutions. Revelling in being some kind of self appointed devil's advocate without having anything to offer beyond criticism. Carry on fella. But bloody hell it's boring.

starsign
Club Player

ralphsmith wrote:dal santo...the most skillful stkilda player to pull on a boot...for this club

idiotic decision to get rid of a player of this calibre

Is Pelchen being paid by Demetriou to bring ruin to stkilda?
Opening statement is just bullshite mate so ur wasting ur breath

spert
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Dal, but the club is moving forward, not living on memories

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Big mart
You live in tassie
You have a small brain
I hate to use stereotypes but you keep serving me .

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

No appatently we should leave things as they are so jb stingter and p66 feel ok about buying memberships.
Dont worry about future success or sponsors.

Rape chicks
Hassle chicks
Burn drwarves

Its all cool apparently. As long as we can blow off dal and milney can do the song.
And we all hug once a year.

Seriously. How do do people think we made two gfs ?
Where did Roo Dal Lenny BJ come from ?

Top 20 draft picks or a bunch of sad sacks pulling themselves over nathan burke and andrew thompson ?

oh when the
Club Player

1 flag in 140yrs its time to do things differently.
Maybe the dog is now wagging the tail.
No use bringing Pelchen in and then tying his hands
to do things the usual St Kilda way.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

It sucks to lose a champion player. It's going to suck to see him play for another club next year. It sucks to hear he left after 12 years and many accolades with our club. It sucks that we get what a lot of fans think is way under value.

You know what also sucks? Watching us lose week after week just a few short years after playing in grand finals.

St Kilda brought Pelchan on board because he has a track record of building premiership teams. Tough decisions have to be made for us to get the side back to a position where we can challenge for that elusive second flag.

I barrack for St Kilda not Nick Dal Santo. If letting him go was the right decision so we can be a force again them I agree with it

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Schillaci
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:It sucks to lose a champion player. It's going to suck to see him play for another club next year. It sucks to hear he left after 12 years and many accolades with our club. It sucks that we get what a lot of fans think is way under value.

You know what also sucks? Watching us lose week after week just a few short years after playing in grand finals.

St Kilda brought Pelchan on board because he has a track record of building premiership teams. Tough decisions have to be made for us to get the side back to a position where we can challenge for that elusive second flag.

I barrack for St Kilda not Nick Dal Santo. If letting him go was the right decision so we can be a force again them I agree with it

BANG BANG

Very well said.

My sentiments exactly. We are looking to the future. I respect our champions of the past and smile as I recall happy memories of the Saints winning, playing finals or simply watching the club's greats play.

I'm not looking forward to the next couple of years as our team is bound to struggle. The fact is they were bound to struggle with Dal as well.
Whilst there is no guarantee our next crop of young talent is going to make it we are at least setting ourselves up for another tilt.

I am hopeful that this will lead to that flag I've never seen...I'm 42 and have followed the Saints since the 70's. I'm comfortable in what is taking place. No point finishing 12th,13th, 14th, 15th...so what if we come last...I'm used to pain and suffering...I lived through the 80s as a loyal supporter in the outer week after week. We still have Riewoldt, Montagna and Hayes. We'll still see flashes of silk similar to what Barks, Joffa and Burns offered as I was growing up. A tough skin may be needed but I have that and am looking forward to coming out the other side hopefully in the not too far distant future.

Fingers crossed we get some/most of our draft picks right.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:No appatently we should leave things as they are so jb stingter and p66 feel ok about buying memberships.
Dont worry about future success or sponsors.

Rape chicks
Hassle chicks
Burn drwarves

Its all cool apparently. As long as we can blow off dal and milney can do the song.
And we all hug once a year.

Seriously. How do do people think we made two gfs ?
Where did Roo Dal Lenny BJ come from ?

Top 20 draft picks or a bunch of sad sacks pulling themselves over nathan burke and andrew thompson ?

What the hell are you mentioning me for Con? I think if you bothered to read the membership thread I gave a very emotive reason why we should buy memberships whatever the club does with players. Please dont post and drink at the same time. its 3 demerit points and a warning plus $180 fine to be paid to SS for an upgrade to the site.