Sack Peter Summers!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sack Peter Summers!

Whenever the board or the president says that you have their full confidence and they want you to stay, you know that you are about to get sacked.

You know you are safe when the board or president ignore you and get on with other business.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The cynic in me says early membership sales were low and coming off a low year.

And the new Pres - who is a retail man said
'ok well what is the main thing a footy club sells its members ?'

'Umm seats at the footy ?' Says one staffer

'No you ninkimpoop' says the Pres. 'We sell hope.
H O P E
Hope is what we is in the business of selling my good friends.'

And what is the beat way for a footy club to sell and deliver that commodity to you dear fan ?

Yep
High draft picks and a new coach.

And us poor fans get the fix we crave so bad. Straight into our blood stream via the frontal lobe.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Verdun66 wrote:On top of it all, it wouldn't be good for the club to be sued for breaking a confidentiality clause. Wrongful dismissal, constructive dismissal etc etc. Would definitely send us under. No way can they say anything.

As much as we would like to know....

But it's a fair bet that after his review he was told to never again do things off his own bat. Going on SEN when told not to, and during a board meeting, will have you sacked every day of the week. Here's your hat, what's your hurry!
I've just watched that presser again on the club website. I really shouldn't have. :x

From the presser:
Summers said that Cuddles wasn't sacked for that going on air.
Summers said he only heard about the radio gig later.
Netters said they weren't upset at the radio gig.
Summers said no personality conflicts with staff/players.
Summers said no problems with the Pelican and Cuddles getting along...
No problems with his coaching ability.

Gee. All sounds rosy to me. Nothing like what jaxons is reporting. Everything's humming along at the House of Cards...

So why was Cuddles sacked...? Embezzlement...?

What a load of bull!!! After all the that's been going on. After Watter's goes on air and says all's well, and is then sacked a few hours later... We are owed a better explanation than that! :evil:

It's all "trust me, I wear a suit, I know all about processes..."

BTW, I'm actually a very successful international constructions and installations developer... even though I wouldn't be seen dead in a suit. Anyway, the next project is a solar powered nuclear reactor in North Korea. The processes are all in place, cutting edge best practice state of the art. Guaranteed to move forward on a really exciting tangent. Lucrative outcome assured.

I'm happy to take investment seed capital from anyone on the forum. Can't go into any more specifics... intellectual property rights, client confidentiality, corporate secrecy requirements and white fish ministry protocol..., but trust me...

:P

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Verdun66 wrote:On top of it all, it wouldn't be good for the club to be sued for breaking a confidentiality clause. Wrongful dismissal, constructive dismissal etc etc. Would definitely send us under. No way can they say anything.

But it's a fair bet that after his review he was told to never again do things off his own bat. Going on SEN when told not to, and during a board meeting, will have you sacked every day of the week. Here's your hat, what's your hurry!
I've just watched that presser again on the club website. I really shouldn't have. :x

From the presser:

Gee. All sounds rosy to me. Nothing like what jaxons is reporting. Everything's humming along at the House of Cards...

What a load of bull!!! After all the that's been going on. After Watter's goes on air and says all's well, and is then sacked a few hours later... We are owed a better explanation than that! :evil:

BTW, I'm actually a very successful international constructions and installations developer... even though I wouldn't be seen dead in a suit. Anyway, the next project is a solar powered nuclear reactor in North Korea. The processes are all in place, cutting edge best practice state of the art. Guaranteed to move forward on a really exciting tangent. Lucrative outcome assured.

I'm happy to take investment seed capital from anyone on the forum. Can't go into any more specifics... intellectual property rights, client confidentiality, corporate secrecy requirements and white fish ministry protocol..., but trust me...

Right

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

stinger wrote:
dragit wrote:Grow up mate, it would be completely unprofessional to outline all of Watters failings to the public…

Airing his dirty laundry would definitely harm his chances of getting another gig, which I'm sure the club would like to see him do.

Watters failed the test of a full review… it wasn't Pelchen's doing, it wasn't the players causing mutiny… the board running the club decided he was not up to the task.
good reply...
Disagree. Dragstar was clearly caught up in the emotion of the day, and all the SS posts to try and read... so didn't read mine properly... no call for an outline of all Cuddle's supposed failings. (Summers actually denied many of them anyway... go figure...? :shock: )

The call is for a justification for sacking yet another coach, just three weeks after the Andrew Thompson 'full review test' said that we have 'the right people in place'. (Who failed the review? The reviewee or the reviewer???)

The call is for a justification of why Cuddles can tell everyone on radio all is sweet, then be sacked three hours latter!!!

Our club has been made to look stupid and untrustworthy.

If we are not stupid and untrustworthy, then we need to hear justification of this.

fingers wrote:The stupidity of the opening post is mind boggling.
Hi fingers... why?

PS: You seem a trusting soul. You might be interested in an investment opportunity a couple of posts up...? I don't wear a suit, but I've found some great websites full of corporate weasel words. So you can trust me. :wink:

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
loris
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Let's get ridiculous!

(What would the fox say?)
"Ning, ninggy, ne, ning ning, ning ............................. love that ridiculous song :P :P :P :P

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

David, your posts give me a headache. Too busy for a start..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
howlinwolf
Club Player

You could call it a Mexican standoff.
If Summers unloaded all the dirt like some would have preferred then there will be a return fire from the agrieved party.
And on and on and on it goes. The press go into a frenzy as it's pay day for them and the Club loses big time.
If we damage Watters' future prospects on the way out we will cop it too. Whether that's deserved or not.

It's not that hard to understand is it ?

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:You could call it a Mexican standoff.
If Summers unloaded all the dirt like some would have preferred then there will be a return fire from the agrieved party.
And on and on and on it goes. The press go into a frenzy as it's pay day for them and the Club loses big time.
If we damage Watters' future prospects on the way out we will cop it too. Whether that's deserved or not.

Not at all hard to understand howlin'.

What pisses me off is the lies and BS from that presser. Summers and Netters basically denied pretty much all of the reasons that have been published as to why Cuddles had to go.

So, if that's the case, either Summers and Netters were lying, or Cuddles should still be our coach.

:wink:

howlinwolf
Club Player

I reckon you are having trouble understanding. With due respect of course.
If the club could be guaranteed that if they told all club members everything that goes on that none of it would find it's way to the media and deliver negative impact they would.
Of course that is NEVER going to happen.
They're at the helm of a business and need to protect that.
It's a club and has members BUT if the business doesn't survive the Club and members don't either.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:You could call it a Mexican standoff.

He (Cuddles) responded: "I know where I sit. When the president sits and tells you that you have a long-term future as coach, that's good enough for me and I'll get on with business."

St Kilda president Peter Summers struggled to explain Watters' dismissal - or to confirm that he had given Watters a guarantee on his future.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6751570186
This is the ultimate crux of the matter... :idea:

So Peter, did you or did you not guarantee Cuddles his future?

That can be answered without libelling anyone.

That has to be answered, coz, you Peter Summers represent our club. That statement attacks the root of your credibility, and therefore attack the credibility of our club!

You-must-put-the-record-straight!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

For starters the choice of colours is terrible.

Secondly - Peter Summers is an astute business man. He and the board will always know more about what is actually happening than anyone here. There will also be times when you don't share everything regardless of what members want. My guess is that this is one of them. To call for his sacking his a nonsense.

I would suggest that in the future this will be seen as the day that the rot stopped.

howlinwolf
Club Player

Dave .... Not all can be told in public. You can't run a business like that. The facts are important to us but not at the expense of our club.
I understand you feel betrayed. That's because we are members and it's an odd business where loyal members are joined with business. It's usually the members that suffer. Just as the Bombers fans would be now.
But we have to trust those running our club to do THE BEST FOR THE CLUB. Even if that means "sheltering" the public from all the dirt.

If you sack everyone at the club it won't be a Mexican standoff it'll be tumbleweeds blowing through Linen House.

howlinwolf
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:

From the presser:

Dave, I've read your posts and then your signature.
My advice to you is Don't Open The Door Man. Keep It Shut ! :D

felix
Club Player

It's just footy man relax.

realdeal
Club Player

Why are we suddenly referring to Watters as 'cuddles'?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:Dave, I've read your posts and then your signature.
My advice to you is Don't Open The Door Man. Keep It Shut ! :D
Again, point taken and appreciated howlin'. :)

I stand by all I've posted on this topic. However, my final comment and reasoning for the anger and angst has been posted over on the 'tributes to jaxons' thread. I shall now sit back, and wait to be proven wrong on all of this.

Point taken, appreciated... and acted upon.

Door now shut man. :lol:

realdeal wrote:Why are we suddenly referring to Watters as 'cuddles'?
Hi realdeal, seems this topic has brought you back onto the postings, so that's a definite plus outta' it all. :)

'Cuddles' comes from a Micky Meltdown comment around the time of Scott Watters appointment as our coach. They were traumatic days..., well actually if it was another club, but of course for us pretty much just another day at the office. :lol:

Anyway, Milkshake being ever the 'observant' one (sarcasm emoticon needed), commented that after all we'd been through, perhaps what our players needed was a cuddle, and Scott was the right man for the job. (Words to that effect.)

I thought that line was too good to let slip, and it has actually stuck somewhat on here.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

One of the most ridiculous threads ever posted here and an insult to the memory of Dave McNamara. You really have no idea about business or life in general.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Weird thread!

But I hope Summers knows what he is doing because this is going to cost us $500,000.00

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:One of the most ridiculous threads ever posted here and an insult to the memory of Dave McNamara. You really have no idea about business or life in general.
Well at least you obviously know who Dave McNamara was BS, which is more than some on here. Kudos. (Though how do you know that's not also my name...?)

Ok..., what is ridiculous about this thread... other than that we are in a position to need to discuss this?

Bernard, you've clearly skimmed over, and hence missed the bigger picture points that are being made, and also missed the (sad) irony of our current situation. (Sorry, I didn't realise that we had so many American Saintsationalists. :P ) Some posters have also missed my frequent and deliberate use of that little word 'if'. :idea:

If having no idea about business roughly equates to being able to add up... and hence see when things don't add up, to despising weasel words, not trusting HR types, seeking second opinions, valuing the standing of our great Club (note, that's Club, not 'brand')... where do I sign up?

If having no idea about life in general roughly equates to to being able to add up... and hence see when things don't add up, to taking um-ridge at being BS'd BS, being able to spot duplicity, seeking second opinions, valuing the standing of our great Club (note, that's Club, not 'organization' :evil: )... where do I sign up?
Zed wrote:we should offer mushrooms a membership package. Its an untapped market.
SaintPav wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Fair comment St Pav look forward to hearing you put the heat on the club at the AGM!
From what I remember at the 2011 AGM, people who wanted to ask the hard questions were either not allowed or torn down. It was very controlled and it was a disgrace.
Bernard, I've promised howlin' that I'm outta this debate, so I won't go reiterating any of the points... they are all there in my posts on this... though I did post one last time on the 'mushroom' thread... I like mushrooms, just don't want to be one.) But that's the thing... I've laid out my arguments. You don't have to agree, but at least you can see where I'm coming from.

You have expressed your opinion, as is your right. But it's only an opinion... a totally unsubstantiated opinion! You have not addressed any of the issues I've raised! (This is the purpose of my response here post... a general response to the issue of debate/or not on this site.)

Though, I now see from the (latest) Rohan Connolly thread that you are starting to wonder about a few things also...
Bernard Shakey wrote:He's not having a go at us, he's just reporting facts.
Bernard, if you have some answers, some reassurances, then I'd truly love to hear them. Too many things don't add up if anyone cares to look with both eyes. I simply want to know who's version is right, who's is wrong... who is telling us the truth, who is lying to us.

And I'm happy to be, in fact... I want to be..., proven wrong on this one.

Best wishes. :)

defacto
Club Player

"We've been hurt, yes, but [it has been] overstated, definitely"

We just don't seem to get it still.

Anyone else concerned that it's still the same old management. Little bit concerned our new pres was the bloke in change of finance and auditing over the last 5 years.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Yes I definitely don"t understand the situation as 3 weeks ago Andrew Thompson did a review of the whole football Dept and said all was good ,,great review Thomo !

PADDLEPOP1000
spert
Saintsational Legend

Seems like something must have occurred just prior to Watters getting the sack- something that broke the camel's back? Although the review was positive, the club was not interested in any contract extension for the coach, so it appears that he may have been in the one-more-chance category over various aspects of his role, and he blew the last chance?.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

spert wrote:Seems like something must have occurred just prior to Watters getting the sack- something that broke the camel's back? Although the review was positive, the club was not interested in any contract extension for the coach, so it appears that he may have been in the one-more-chance category over various aspects of his role, and he blew the last chance?.
Sounds that way.
''We were monitoring things and it was a work in progress but it became clear things were not changing. There was an ongoing dialogue [among the board] and at some point I rang the board to say we need to sit down to discuss this, which is what we did at 8am Friday. But they had been updated all along and there had been ongoing concerns,'' he said.
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/ ... 2wuvl.html

In that whole article, the sentence that most caught my eye was "what is important is people's actions, not their words.''

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
spert wrote:Seems like something must have occurred just prior to Watters getting the sack- something that broke the camel's back? Although the review was positive, the club was not interested in any contract extension for the coach, so it appears that he may have been in the one-more-chance category over various aspects of his role, and he blew the last chance?.
Sounds that way.
''We were monitoring things and it was a work in progress but it became clear things were not changing. There was an ongoing dialogue [among the board] and at some point I rang the board to say we need to sit down to discuss this, which is what we did at 8am Friday. But they had been updated all along and there had been ongoing concerns,'' he said.
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/ ... 2wuvl.html

In that whole article, the sentence that most caught my eye was "what is important is people's actions, not their words.''
Why are we wasting money on consultants when they could just hire Choco now?

F the blooming process and it taking a month. The PC bullshyte is meaningless where we are at now.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.