Jack Steven out for 6 weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Steven out for 6 weeks

plugger66 wrote:
evo wrote:Good opportunity for Weller to prove himself.

Only if he is upgraded and that cant be for Jack unless the club is telling lies about his injury. he thinks he will miss 3 games.
I imagine they will put Lew-dog Pierce on the LTI list… I think he is at least 2 months off.

Templeton or Weller? I guess the next couple of games will help decide.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Just what we needed...
Dear oh Dear.
At least serve some tea and biscuits with that dear!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

It's going to be a long, long year. If we lose to Melbourne and GWS in the first 2 rounds, look out. I will stay excited because we may land a star early in next years draft.

8856brother wrote:It's going to be a long, long year. If we lose to Melbourne and GWS in the first 2 rounds, look out. I will stay excited because we may land a star early in next years draft.

Hard to believe that a 140 year old club could go winless but if we lose the first two it is seriously possible this year . Steven is a massive massive loss.

evo
Club Player

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
evo wrote:Good opportunity for Weller to prove himself.

Only if he is upgraded and that cant be for Jack unless the club is telling lies about his injury. he thinks he will miss 3 games.
I imagine they will put Lew-dog Pierce on the LTI list… I think he is at least 2 months off.

Templeton or Weller? I guess the next couple of games will help decide.
From the AFL site
The Saints could also look to elevate a rookie in the coming weeks if they decide to move untried ruckman Lewis Pierce - who is battling a back stress fracture - to the long-term injury list.

lloyd21
Club Player

Gee a bit of panic coming thru playing Melbourne who have a woeful record at Etihad.

Fisher back.

Schneider back

Dawes Mitch Clark Jesse Hogan all very doubtful for Dee's round 1 bring it on .

Sobraz
SS Life Member

70s sainter wrote: Hard to believe that a 140 year old club could go winless but if we lose the first two it is seriously possible this year . Steven is a massive massive loss.
No chance to go winless...

Melbourne of the last 2 years were as bad as it gets, and even they managed to win a few... We will not be as bad as they were then... less than 5 wins is likely, but we will sneak a couple..

That being said, Steven is as big a loss as we could of not hoped for..

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Gives someone else an opportunity. Am not too bothered but yes he is a huge loss

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Not great and probably shortens our odds of taking out another spoon! If we dont win any of the first 4 games the wheels will fall off, membership will be a disaster as will the remainder on the year. Jack is only 1 player but on top of retirements and trade he is the teams 'energiser bunny' and without him they will struggle to maintain game momentum! Our start will dictate the remainder of the year IMO!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
andrewg
Club Player

This is bad news
We are in strife 2014 could be brining on basket case......
Any good young kids in the draft??
Pick1 could bp be ours can't see us winning a game without Jack to be honest.

andrewg
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Not great and probably shortens our odds of taking out another spoon! If we dont win any of the first 4 games the wheels will fall off, membership will be a disaster as will the remainder on the year. Jack is only 1 player but on top of retirements and trade he is the teams 'energiser bunny' and without him they will struggle to maintain game momentum! Our start will dictate the remainder of the year IMO!
Agree

andrewg
Club Player

lloyd21 wrote:Gee a bit of panic coming thru playing Melbourne who have a woeful record at Etihad.

Fisher back.

Schneider back

Dawes Mitch Clark Jesse Hogan all very doubtful for Dee's round 1 bring it on .
We will not beat Melb round 1.

SainterJ

Sorry for Jack, and sorry for supporters. However in the big scheme of things I cannot see it making a huge difference to our year as far as wins and losses go.
If we are thinking of elevating, and you want to excite fans, Eli would get my vote. In a year that might not have too many highlights, he might provide some.

lefty
Club Player

We should beat Melb round 1, there is no excuses to be honest.
We have a good mix of old and young.

Its our home game, at Edihad, both teams have new coaches, we've strengthened in defense, weakened in midfield (dal, but added savage), got some more mids, and have a bunch of young forwards (markworth, sipposs, milera, white, lee).

Should be a good game. I hope the senior players are not packing up shop, they should be pushing hard, and the young blokes should be pushing them on as well. By the sounds of it we are much fitter than last year, so I hope to never again see that first round display like we did see against GC.

I still think we underestimate ourselves at times. Last year we were very good in some games and could match teams. It doesn't help when you loose to Richmond in round 2,3,4? because the umpire gave them 5 goals from free kicks (if anyone remembers that game, you'll remember how much bulls*** there was).

Belief and confidence is a funny thing, it can make or break you. A new coach can provide confidence, and with a few wins, anything goes.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bring on Eli Baby Milne Templeton

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Reckon Jack was hobbling in the practice match vs Dogs at Geelong, his gait was more suspect than usual

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely spewing!

Love Jackie Boy. Won't be easy for the first handful of round without him.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:We should beat Melb round 1, there is no excuses to be honest.
We have a good mix of old and young.

Its our home game, at Edihad, both teams have new coaches, we've strengthened in defense, weakened in midfield (dal, but added savage), got some more mids, and have a bunch of young forwards (markworth, sipposs, milera, white, lee).

Should be a good game. I hope the senior players are not packing up shop, they should be pushing hard, and the young blokes should be pushing them on as well. By the sounds of it we are much fitter than last year, so I hope to never again see that first round display like we did see against GC.

I still think we underestimate ourselves at times. Last year we were very good in some games and could match teams. It doesn't help when you loose to Richmond in round 2,3,4? because the umpire gave them 5 goals from free kicks (if anyone remembers that game, you'll remember how much bulls*** there was).

Belief and confidence is a funny thing, it can make or break you. A new coach can provide confidence, and with a few wins, anything goes.

Midfield lost Jack and Joey and Dal. Added an outside runner in Savage. Tough game round one. Mids know look about level because melbourne are poor in that area. If they have a few forwords missing it should be very close.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Belief and confidence is a funny thing, it can make or break you. A new coach can provide confidence, and with a few wins, anything goes.
Melbourne have a new coach too and he's probably better than our guy.

spert
Saintsational Legend

As long as Jack is ok for the finals

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
lefty wrote:Belief and confidence is a funny thing, it can make or break you. A new coach can provide confidence, and with a few wins, anything goes.
Give it time

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I don't think we can afford to just 'expect' to beat anyone this year, or for the next couple of seasons at least.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
sainter45
Club Player

Let's be positive.

The likes of Newnes, Ross, Saunders, Webster, Murdoch, Wright and Hickey all young, all will improve naturally on their first 10 to 20 games. And Tom Curren might add something based on his appearances towards the end of last year as well.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Give it time
Sure. But we were talking about the very first game. Hard to argue that Richo's a better coach than Roos at this point.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:
8856brother wrote:It's going to be a long, long year. If we lose to Melbourne and GWS in the first 2 rounds, look out. I will stay excited because we may land a star early in next years draft.

Hard to believe that a 140 year old club could go winless but if we lose the first two it is seriously possible this year . Steven is a massive massive loss.
I've read some bad posts on this forum but I reckon this is the worst.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"