Dunstan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dunstan

Why wasn't Acres covering the hectares in the ones for Sandy today and someone else demoted to the development squad?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Why wasn't Acres covering the hectares in the ones for Sandy today and someone else demoted to the development squad?
Because it was his first game in six months?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:Why wasn't Acres covering the hectares in the ones for Sandy today and someone else demoted to the development squad?
First game for 9 months, easing him into it.

As for Luke, I'm just waiting for anyone in the media to pick up that we actually wouldn't have him if we still had Mac... 16 other clubs could've had him, I'm sure they aren't shaking their heads yet but I think one day they will. I still remember how quickly we called his name when pick 18 came up, big tick for our recruiters.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
First game for 9 months, easing him into it.

As for Luke, I'm just waiting for anyone in the media to pick up that we actually wouldn't have him if we still had Mac... 16 other clubs could've had him, I'm sure they aren't shaking their heads yet but I think one day they will. I still remember how quickly we called his name when pick 18 came up, big tick for our recruiters.
Didn't we have pick 19 as well?

Quite possible he would've been available then also.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Richter
SS Life Member

No, sp, we originally had picks 24, 59, which we gave to the Hawks with Ben for 18, 19 and Shane Savage. No way he would still have been there at 24.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
stinger
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
stinger wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:Good one.
I meant for us but if he's in the same league as Wines I can put up with it!
for us.....graeme gellie, ian stewart or glen elliott......dean greig wasn't too bad either....
Ancient history Stinger.
Not everybody on here is as old as us!
:D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

There's is very little chance he won't end up a good AFL player

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan is like a faster, bigger for age version of Armitage who can actually accumulate the ball.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:No, sp, we originally had picks 24, 59, which we gave to the Hawks with Ben for 18, 19 and Shane Savage. No way he would still have been there at 24.
Acres would not have been there at 24 either.

We probably would have chosen Eli with pick 24 (probably not) but if that had of panned out we would not have Dunstan and Acres, still have McEvoy and Billings.

and would have some on here bemoaning the fact we didn't trade to get higher picks and our mids are crap and MCEvoy wont have any mids to ruck to and blah blah blah..........

Some on here can never give the club credit as they know better

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Rosco
Club Player

If acres is as good as dunstan, if not better, then we have just drafted half a midfield for 10 years

Big Mac was worth 2 of those 3

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:Most exciting thing is that he may be the least talented of Acres and Billings.

Salivating at the prospect :D
I only saw Acres on the ground at the intraclub for a short period but he has certainly got some natural talent. Arguably both Billings and Acres have more upside than Dunstan. However Dunstan's willingness to compete is outstanding and Im not sure either of the other boys are going to surpass Dunstan in that area.

Interesting to note the 2 boys who played against men last year (Dunstan and Eli) have stepped up with ease. Obviously Acres and billings struggled with injury , however the point Im trying to make is that perhaps its a quality that some recruiters underestimate.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Most exciting thing is that he may be the least talented of Acres and Billings.

Salivating at the prospect :D
I only saw Acres on the ground at the intraclub for a short period but he has certainly got some natural talent. Arguably both Billings and Acres have more upside than Dunstan. However Dunstan's willingness to compete is outstanding and Im not sure either of the other boys are going to surpass Dunstan in that area.

Interesting to note the 2 boys who played against men last year (Dunstan and Eli) have stepped up with ease. Obviously Acres and billings struggled with injury , however the point Im trying to make is that perhaps its a quality that some recruiters underestimate.

From talking to all three at the junction training session, Dunstan is a very confident guy and looks like he loves the chatting and lime light. Acres was like a nice but very quiet country kid and Billings looked excessively shy. I won't expect Billings or Acres to be instant stars, they will probably need a few years development then explode.

Acres was being very widely talked up before an injury plagued draft year and could be anything but at the end of the day talent gets you only so far. If he and Billings have drive as well the sky is the limit for them.